PDA

View Full Version : Main brand name problem

cajun_duck
10-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I live in Southeast Louisiana. There are car audio shops around, but very few brands to choose from. There is only Infinity, JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, and Polk. I am interested in something different for a change. Not the same old speakers everybody else has. My problem is that I have no way of hearing anything before purchasing. I would be going off of opinions only. Looking for a 6.5" component set at about the $150-175 range online.

phyphoestilic
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
PG RsDs been getting really good reviews.

IDSkoT
10-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I live in Southeast Louisiana. There are car audio shops around, but very few brands to choose from. There is only Infinity, JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, and Polk. I am interested in something different for a change. Not the same old speakers everybody else has. My problem is that I have no way of hearing anything before purchasing. I would be going off of opinions only. Looking for a 6.5" component set at about the $150-175 range online.

I got my Hertz Audio ESK165's [6.5 two-way system] for $180 shipped... and they're amazing. Easily better than any RSD... or any other comp system in the $200 range I've heard.

cajun_duck
10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Where can I order any of these from?

James Bang
10-10-2008, 06:32 PM
PG RsDs been getting really good reviews.

Reviews are nice, but you have to keep in mind WHO is giving the reviews.

lyttleviet
10-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Reviews are nice, but you have to keep in mind WHO is giving the reviews.

agreed. Most people just regurgitate what they read on here to others as if they experienced it themselves...

I prefer those who only comment on things they have experienced.

Fender5
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
i listened to one of the rsds. i only hooked one up because they were too deep for the door. they were runnin off the head unit. sound clean and crisp.

James Bang
10-12-2008, 04:38 PM
agreed. Most people just regurgitate what they read on here to others as if they experienced it themselves...

I prefer those who only comment on things they have experienced.

Even if some of those people have actually experienced the products, some just don't know what good is suppose to sound like and will say something sounds good... compared to stock speakers or other crappy speakers.

lyttleviet
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Even if some of those people have actually experienced the products, some just don't know what good is suppose to sound like and will say something sounds good... compared to stock speakers or other crappy speakers.

Yeah, that too... its all about what the person has experienced and can compare to...

shaneb
10-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Image Dynamics http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6201

bigbangtheory
10-14-2008, 06:46 AM

This is true in a lot of cases.

With that said, I recommend either the ID ctx's or the Pioneer Premier 720c's. Are around your price, actually cheaper and both sound fantastic.

I have been in audio for 17 years and have listened too and had many different installs from over the years. ;)

kush-divinity
10-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Why not just get Kappa components if they are local? I'll bet Kappa sounds as good as any other mentioned, and not alot higher. Plus you get to sample it at the store; just don't carry in a rap CD to audition speakers. Use old southern rock or a gospel CD to determine clarity.

khanhfat
10-14-2008, 10:06 AM
This is true in a lot of cases.

With that said, I recommend either the ID ctx's or the Pioneer Premier 720c's. Are around your price, actually cheaper and both sound fantastic.

I have been in audio for 17 years and have listened too and had many different installs from over the years. ;)

it's all about what kind of sound he wants from the speakers, warm , bright , laid back ... and what kind of music he's listening to the most so other member can help him pick out which one is suitable :D

cajun_duck
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I listen to rock to metal mostly. Slipknot, Mudvayne, Metallica, etc. And the deal with the Infinities is that I find them harsh. Pluse, like I said, I want something nobody around here has.