PDA

View Full Version : deal gone bad with memphis4L **Read last 3 pages before making decision**

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:44 AM
reposted this with a better title.

i recently purchanced a RE SX 12" d2 sub from memphis4L. he asked $180 shipped. when i was ready to send money he said "oh i forgot, send $190 to cover paypal fees" another 10 bucks? fine, no big deal. took him over a week to ship it. in fact i paid for something elce on the forums and got that b4 he even shipped. he said it was BNIB. i got his SX and another one on the same day. the other one i got came in the manufatuers box. memphis4L send me a regular cardboard box, not the manufatuers box like i would expect from a BNIB listing. thats what BNIB means rite? come to find out this sub was built with new parts by teamPSI.

little upset but whatever. exept...

after i looked at them i found out they have differant voice coils! so i cant very well use both these subs together. so now i want to return the sub and get my money back.

after many frustrating messages back and forth he finaly agreed to a return BUT he wants me to send him the sub B4 he will refund me any money and he wants me to pay for shipping it back to him. and he says he will only give me $130 back to cover what he paid to ship it to me. shipping is $35 so i would be out $95 if we did it that way. i told him "HELL no" to that deal and he didnt respond.

my opinion is that he sold me something that he didnt describe correctly/fully so i shouldnt have to suffer for it. im willing to pay the shipping to get it back to him but i want my $190 back. so what do you guys think?

tried to contact teamPSI but he wont return my pm's

CrispedUp
10-10-2008, 02:46 AM
you can try and open a dispute up with paypal, and see where that goes.

Dyingbreed
10-10-2008, 02:49 AM

No Doubt... being an Ebay product, Paypal has to hold a certain level of integrity to each of it's clients.

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:50 AM
opened that this morning. he wont respond on paypal so i moved to a claim. no idea where thatll go.

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:50 AM
No Doubt... being an Ebay product, Paypal has to hold a certain level of integrity to each of it's clients.

the deal was on here not ebay.

CrispedUp
10-10-2008, 02:51 AM
also, maybe someone here has a number for teampsi, and you can call em.

mlstrass
10-10-2008, 02:52 AM
I would give teamPSI some time to respond to you as I "assume" he has some integrity and doesn't want to tarnish his rep. The subs may be fine to pair up, so see what he says first...

Dyingbreed
10-10-2008, 02:55 AM
the deal was on here not ebay.

Ya... but Paypal is a product of Ebay

fast85_gt
10-10-2008, 02:57 AM

x2 paypal will decide

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:58 AM
i am waiting on that. he's been on a couple time since i sent the pm. not sure what thats about.

headlesskoopa
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
What does teampsi have to do with this? if u baught the sub from memphis4L. or am i just missing something . from what i just finnished reading teampsi just put new parts for memphis4L

x2o
10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
What does teampsi have to do with this? if u baught the sub from memphis4L. or am i just missing something . from what i just finnished reading teampsi just put new parts for memphis4L

x2, teamPSI has nothing to do with this from what I can tell. That's like selling a sub like a RE MT that Fi reconed as BNIB. Fi isn't held responsible, it's the seller's fault for not describing the product as it truly is.

Best of luck with the outcome though, and in my opinion you deserve at least the $190 back, your going on a limb and offering to pay shipping back, I would refund fully and pay shipping back to me if I were him. Maybe that's just because I realize it would have been my fault for lying about the product in the first place. Good luck. :furious:

Seth_3515
10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
yea i hear ya... i sent him $250 for the Xsite XAD2K amplifier last thursday and it took him a week to ship it... very slow on replying to messages and not a lot of communication... amp should be here tomorrow, hopefully in working order just have to wait and see he may have had something going on that week since it seems to be the same time frame but idk

NightDrifter05
10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Ya... but Paypal is a product of Ebay

And just a :fyi:

Outside of Ebay all PayPal cover's is rather or not the item was received. If he gives a tracking number it will be ruled in his favor and chance's are he's pulled any and all money out of his account by now. I would just call RE and talk to them about it and see if you can use it or not. If you can't use it and can't get anything worked out with him just put it up for sale I'm sure someone would buy it so it wouldn't be a complete loss.

iamamp3pimp
10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
also, maybe someone here has a number for teampsi, and you can call em.
any1 that gives it out doesnt deserve to have it

now

why does everyone say contact teampsi.......he cant do anything about someone elses deal......

fbi90909
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
either way, your sub is still the same as long as the voice coils are of the same impedance.. if the sub was reconed by david it's still an RE SX.. david works for RE and builds these subs so pretty sure that the quality of the sub is the same as the one in the manufactures box.. or the one that david reconed may be better than the one in the manufacters box.
all in all, you should ask for a payback/discount/refund of some sort being that the sub was different than described.

iamamp3pimp
10-10-2008, 01:05 PM
FBI

there are more than just one T/S parameter ya know...

TurdFergueson2
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Shady business practices. If it is a recone, say it is a recone. As far as the taking too long to ship, that's just the norm. I figure some people are that broke they need the money from the actual sale to cover shipping.

audioholic
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
either way, your sub is still the same as long as the voice coils are of the same impedance.. if the sub was reconed by david it's still an RE SX.. david works for RE and builds these subs so pretty sure that the quality of the sub is the same as the one in the manufactures box.. or the one that david reconed may be better than the one in the manufacters box.
all in all, you should ask for a payback/discount/refund of some sort being that the sub was different than described.They have different coils, they will not perform the same, even if they both say SX on the dustcap.

And, he indicated in another thread that the impedances are off by almost a half ohm.

crunktimes.com
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
That ***** man you should get a full refund and pay no shipping charges at all due to the fact it was not what he said it was.. Anyone even moron King Ranch would know a 'new in box' is not the same as a 'reconed' speaker

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
yep, differant ohm rating. the one memphis sent me doesnt say SX on the cone.

the reason for contacting teampsi is to see if i can trade him this sub for a regular one. he isnt being blamed for anything. not trying to drag him into this. he just might be a solution.

audioholic
10-10-2008, 02:27 PM
yep, differant ohm rating. the one memphis sent me doesnt say SX on the cone.

the reason for contacting teampsi is to see if i can trade him this sub for a regular one. he isnt being blamed for anything. not trying to drag him into this. he just might be a solution.The newer, Chinese made RE subs have the model number on the cone. If it doesn't have it, its the older American made model.

rollerdj
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
i find this kinda interestesting. i don't know if anyone has seen this.

the original FS thread.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349277

he has both the SE and the sub that was reconed from Dave in there. the one dave re-coned was a sub i traded him. wonder what the chances of him sending out the wrong sub are. OP, seeing how your still on, whats the chances of you sending me a pic. i'll tell you if it's my old sub, or if it's a differnt one. if it's my old sub, then he sent you the wrong one to begin with, and you should get a full refund on it.

kmanian
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
subscribed to see the out come, I may have dealings with him, we will see

iamamp3pimp
10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
where did you get the other sub?

GAM3OVR
10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
If the item is not as decribed, you should be entitled to a full refund, as long as you pay for shipping of the item back.

iamamp3pimp
10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
i find this kinda interestesting. i don't know if anyone has seen this.

the original FS thread.

he has both the SE and the sub that was reconed from Dave in there. the one dave re-coned was a sub i traded him. wonder what the chances of him sending out the wrong sub are. OP, seeing how your still on, whats the chances of you sending me a pic. i'll tell you if it's my old sub, or if it's a differnt one. if it's my old sub, then he sent you the wrong one to begin with, and you should get a full refund on it.
the sub that you traded is not the SX that memphis had btw

tapout
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
If the item is not as decribed, you should be entitled to a full refund, as long as you pay for shipping of the item back.

He should not be out any money because of this. Seller covers shipping because of failure to properly describe item.

rollerdj
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
the sub that you traded is not the SX that memphis had btw

did he have another reconed sub f/s? i'm just interested in if he shipped out the recone instead of the one that was sold.

skittlesRgood
10-10-2008, 02:49 PM
where did you get the other sub?

ebay store.

The newer, Chinese made RE subs have the model number on the cone. If it doesn't have it, its the older American made model.

interesting... any differance in those?

Memphis4L
10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
item was described correctly. team psi cut me a deal on an sx and built it for me. doesn't mean it was reconed. as far as i know its a new motor. but either way it has new soft parts. thats why i put NIB. i never powered it once. and he never ask if it was in a manufactuers box. and its not my fault that the resistance is lower, how would i have known. i dont think i should have to give a refund. and then he wants me to pay for shipping back.

tapout
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
item was described correctly. team psi cut me a deal on an sx and built it for me. doesn't mean it was reconed. as far as i know its a new motor. but either way it has new soft parts. thats why i put NIB. i never powered it once. and he never ask if it was in a manufactuers box. and its not my fault that the resistance is lower, how would i have known. i dont think i should have to give a refund. and then he wants me to pay for shipping back.

I kinda see your point, however....

Did you specifically state that the sub was custom made by David? If so, thats buyer beware as far as matching up with another one goes. If not, then you are on the hook.

A sub built by David does not make it an RE production SX.

Memphis4L
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I kinda see your point, however....

Did you specifically state that the sub was custom made by David? If so, thats buyer beware as far as matching up with another one goes. If not, then you are on the hook.

A sub built by David does not make it an RE production SX.

but it wasn't custom made. i asked for an sx12. nothing more nothing less. id be more worried about the one on ebay. then one built by david.

tapout
10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
ok

bones22
10-11-2008, 12:50 AM

from looking at your FS thread it was not as described
you stated very clearly BNIB not NIB (shown in your fs thread)

BNIB would mean that it should be in manufactures box unless the box was damaged and you changed boxes for shipping

you should have to give a refund you sold something other than described
you should also be responsible for shipping costs
ill use a quote from your post

the buyer had no way of knowing you were selling something other than described. not his fault

Memphis4L
10-11-2008, 08:41 AM
[/B]

from looking at your FS thread it was not as described
you stated very clearly BNIB not NIB (shown in your fs thread)

BNIB would mean that it should be in manufactures box unless the box was damaged and you changed boxes for shipping

you should have to give a refund you sold something other than described
you should also be responsible for shipping costs
ill use a quote from your post

the buyer had no way of knowing you were selling something other than described. not his fault

he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box. all he asked in the first pm was if it was NIB. and thats what he got a NIB SX12. ive got way more refs and for all i know he's trying to scam me. he wants me to send money and then he'll send the sub. sry. not gonna do that.

mlstrass
10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
full refund and seller pays shipping as you did NOT sell him a BNIB SX that will match up with another SX.

You should have described it as a reconed sub and stated the impedence of the VC's. Live and learn...

funkyab
10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box.

Yea.... why would he since you already specifically stated BNIB.....:rolleyes:

Cravingbass123
10-11-2008, 09:45 AM
hey this guys local if you want me to go talk to him about this

lol

iamamp3pimp
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM
he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box. all he asked in the first pm was if it was NIB. and thats what he got a NIB SX12. ive got way more refs and for all i know he's trying to scam me. he wants me to send money and then he'll send the sub. sry. not gonna do that.

i dont know of anyone, retailer or private seller that would give a refund before the product was shipped.

but thats just me.

Cravingbass123
10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
And what are you going to do about it? beat him up? **** you are an idiot.

its a joke

hence the lol

iiodotiotiott

bones22
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM

i dont know either of you but what you just said is EXACTLY what he did
he sent you $ first for the sub expecting a BNIB as described woofer

now you are in the position to make the deal right
you are just buying your sub back from him now pretty much

refs dont mean much of anything when it comes to shady selling, shipping, or even buying
every time theres a deal that isnt done in person both people are rolling the dice hoping they dont get fucked
right now as it stands the buyer didnt get what you said he was paying for

audioholic
10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
he never asked if it was in a manufactuers box. all he asked in the first pm was if it was NIB. and thats what he got a NIB SX12. ive got way more refs and for all i know he's trying to scam me. he wants me to send money and then he'll send the sub. sry. not gonna do that.He thought he was purchasing a BNIB SX, not NIB... since you seem to think there is a difference.

In a situation like this, when someone keeps answering with "he never asked" then that certainly indicates information was withheld. At what point do you feel it is the seller's responsibility to put forth information willingly?

You are jeopardizing all those good references with this situation. I dont believe you intentionally mislead the buyer, but I also think you didn't provide ALL the info BEFORE the sale and are now looking for excuses why this unfortunate situation is not your fault.

rumblebee2
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
as seller it is up to you to know about the product you are selling since the buyer has no way to check theirselves. The sub shoulda been checked with a dmm and and stated. as said above to keep all your ref.'s good you should make a full refund and pay shipping. people will look at this and say hey he takes care of his mistakes and be more likely to deal with you over someone else down the road.

Memphis4L
10-11-2008, 02:46 PM
im not sending money to him before he ships the sub out. who knows what condition it will be in when i get it. i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill. you could sit here all day and say well it wasn't new and wasn't in a manufactuers box. but it was described correctly and he knew what he was buying. it was built new. and then he tries to act like he didnt know why the plastic was ripped. if you look clearly in the photos it shows it out of the plastic so i could take pics. the whole thing started because the resistance on the v/c is off. why would i have known that. he didnt say he was needing to match it up.

Zakerid
10-11-2008, 02:47 PM
the sub will be BNIB.... or NIB.... you know, how you sent it to him.
One would think that if you are buying a BNIB item, it would match other BNIB subs from the same mfg.

bigbangtheory
10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Jesus Memphis, you are fail on so many levels.

Mark you on the not to deal list. You are very shady.

Send the money back, so he can send the sub back and bingo, bango.

Tis a shame. You won't sell **** on here again if you don't make this right.

Memphis4L
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM

ok thanks

mlstrass
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
douche of the day award goes to you...

infamous_e46
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
ill buy it for 140 shipped just tell jason to ship it to me and memphis can refund him after i pay

BamBam28
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill.

Well in that case I guess that makes him the guilty party. I mean what kind of an a$$ hole would want a refund after you so generously spent it on a family members hospital bill.... :rolleyes:

mapolley07
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
note to self, unless memphis makes this right, from now on we know him as shithead

teen
10-11-2008, 04:00 PM
you listed the driver as D2 voice coil configuration. if he puts a DMM to the driver and it reads anything other than that, seller is at fault. just becasue you never bothered to check, doesnt mean buyer is responsible. its not like he could have checked it until you already had the money and shipped it out.

and bringing in the hospital nonsense is pure shady IMO. nobody cares waht you spent it on. bringing up hospital bills is just like looking for people to feel bad and side with you. that shits uncalled for.

Memphis4L
10-11-2008, 04:03 PM
you listed the driver as D2 voice coil configuration. if he puts a DMM to the driver and it reads anything other than that, seller is at fault. just becasue you never bothered to check, doesnt mean buyer is responsible. its not like he could have checked it until you already had the money and shipped it out.

and bringing in the hospital nonsense is pure shady IMO. nobody cares waht you spent it on. bringing up hospital bills is just like looking for people to feel bad and side with you. that shits uncalled for.

when he got mine it read on a DMM at 2.03 and the other one he bought on ebay was a dual 2 also and read 2.35. how am i at fault.

NewAgeKing
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM

X2. This guy is an idiot. I cant believe someone doesnt understand the difference between bnib and something that was made by david. I own two MT's from dave and they are great. I would go to him for anything that needs a recone ect. but the buyer was looking for a bnib woofer. YOU DIDNT SELL HIM ONE, plain and simple. Get it through your head and quit being a feg about this.

teen
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
when he got mine it read on a DMM at 2.03 and the other one he bought on ebay was a dual 2 also and read 2.35. how am i at fault.ok, obviously your not at fault for that. alls i said is it should read exactly as you said it would in the original posting.

*edit*
the fact that the sub wasnt BNIB from manufacturer is what is causing the buyer a problem. if you would have listed the driver was built by another party, thus potentially having different TS parameters than specified by manufacturer, you wouldn't be in this predicament.

*edit 2*
2.35 is kinda high for a D2 VC config. driver, isnt it? buyer might wanna check that again on the driver he purchased off ebay.

iamamp3pimp
10-11-2008, 05:44 PM

that top part is not true at all

lots of companies sell subs that are listed as d1 and read as d.7
and d2 that read as d1.4 on the coils....

teen
10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
that top part is not true at all

lots of companies sell subs that are listed as d1 and read as d.7
and d2 that read as d1.4 on the coils....

i understand that. i meant more along the lines of it reading say 1.2 for example when it should be reading 2.0.

how do you not understand where im going with that? obviously there may or may not be small differences in the ohm reading. im talking more along the lines of a coil reading 1 ohm when it was sold as a 2 ohm.

andrewmoore13
10-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i think they will work fine together. i've run one dual 4 and a dual 2 for a week or so without problems... thats a much bigger difference than dual 2.03 and dual 2.35.... i'd say its close enough.

shaneb
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
im not sending money to him before he ships the sub out. who knows what condition it will be in when i get it. i already stated to him the money that i got for that sub went to a family members hospital bill. you could sit here all day and say well it wasn't new and wasn't in a manufactuers box. but it was described correctly and he knew what he was buying. it was built new. and then he tries to act like he didnt know why the plastic was ripped. if you look clearly in the photos it shows it out of the plastic so i could take pics. the whole thing started because the resistance on the v/c is off. why would i have known that. he didnt say he was needing to match it up.

If he shops the sub, and pays for it, and it is in sold condion. will you reimburse him for shipping costs?

Lingerfelt
10-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow.

I kinda got the impression this guy was shady after he sold my buddy his Shocker, asking $215 for a $200 shipped sub.

Paypal fees plus $3. :rolleyes:

Hope everything gets worked out OP.

bones22
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
just 1 more to add to the growing list of people who are shady as **** over the last couple months
i think anyone who you have as a ref should tell you to get their name off your list.
along with you not being able to sell anything till this is cleared up.

maybe you didnt know exactly what you were selling him. with that said you never should have listed it till you knew.
not exactly a scammer
but
a complete piece of **** yes

deafsquadtahoe
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
simply put, NO ONE BUY ANYTHING FROM "Memphis4L"
not even rca wires.. they're gonna ship late anyways

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 01:07 AM

wow... he told me "i cant sell it for as much because you took it out of the box" i told him "you took it out of the box to take pics of it, you even riped the plastic that covers the sub." thats a stupid point to bring up anyway. just trying to make me sound stupid when it was you being a moron.

he offered me 160 and i pay shipping. i did offer to pay shipping if i get the full 190 back but never got an answer on that. thought that was pretty generous but he wants more.

thank you guys for backing me up on this but he still wont listen to common sence. sounds like he wont sell much on here till he give me my money back. the sub is sitting in the "BNIB" box just the way i got it. packed and ready to go as soon as i get my money.

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 01:11 AM
hey this guys local if you want me to go talk to him about this

lol

i wish i was local...

he didnt say anything about it being built by some one till the day b4 it got here i get a pm saying "make sure it works" thats when the questions came.

NewAgeKing
10-12-2008, 01:14 AM
i wish i was local...

he didnt say anything about it being built by some one till the day b4 it got here i get a pm saying "make sure it works" thats when the questions came.

No kidding. Hope everything works out with you man. Common sense seems kind of hard to find these days im telling you. Respect in general as well.

bones22
10-12-2008, 01:16 AM
take a **** in a bag and send it to him for free
it will go nicely with his selling practice
complete ****

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Well i definatly know who not to deal with on this bish

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 02:03 AM
ill buy it for 140 shipped just tell jason to ship it to me and memphis can refund him after i pay

lol sorry but he said no. he made an offer where i would lose $95 and that was just wonderful to him but him losing $50 to you is just crazy talk!

i dont get it. if he refunds my money and i pay to ship it then we are both out the same amount of money. thats freaking even rite??? still offering me less.

bones22
10-12-2008, 02:09 AM
lol sorry but he said no. he made an offer where i would lose $95 and that was just wonderful to him but him losing $50 to you is just crazy talk!

i dont get it. if he refunds my money and i pay to ship it then we are both out the same amount of money. thats freaking even rite??? still offering me less.

as bad as it sounds you may just have to give it up since hes an ***

maybe try selling the sub of course giving all the info that he didnt give
just to recoup some of your $

NewAgeKing
10-12-2008, 02:14 AM
as bad as it sounds you may just have to give it up since hes an ***

maybe try selling the sub of course giving all the info that he didnt give
just to recoup some of your $

F*ckin people i tell ya. Id hate to see that happen but you are probably right. Im glad ive met alot of good people on here and have managed to stay away from shitheads like this.

mjf
10-12-2008, 02:17 AM
wow, what a piece of ****.

id just have him send the cost of a stock recone and be done with it.

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 02:18 AM
i dont think ill be buying off the forums much anymore. maybe just wire and other small stuff. MAYBE.

... anyone want to buy a BNIB SX???

kinda new in a regular cardboard box

bones22
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
i dont think ill be buying off the forums much anymore. maybe just wire and other small stuff. MAYBE.

nice just pray the fine print is read

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 02:23 AM
ill hide it between some pics ;)

bigbangtheory
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Awwwwwwww, I hate stupid ****s!

Honestly, quit fawking him around and do this deal the right way!

redfred18t
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b275/redfred18t/what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnai.jpg

What size is the sub?

anyways, this is how I feel memphis4l is acting

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b275/redfred18t/02c9e179.gif

infamous_e46
10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
pix of sub i mean if you hold onto it i might buy it

skittlesRgood
10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
sub is 12" D2

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00271.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00269.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00274.JPG

tapout
10-12-2008, 05:41 PM

Let me get this right...

You offered to ship it back,,,,ON YOUR DIME,,,, and he still says no?

WOW, no better than a scammer in my book. Make it right and everything goes back to normal memphis.

Whats up with all the memphis names scamming?

Horsemanwill
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
sub is 12" D2

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00271.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00269.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/4/9/9/6/7/DSC00274.JPG

ooo that one on the right is SEXI that's an IDQv3 isn't it? lol

tapout
10-12-2008, 10:22 PM
140 shipped. lol

skittlesRgood
10-13-2008, 02:58 AM
ooo that one on the right is SEXI that's an IDQv3 isn't it? lol

yep, 12" IDQv3. got 2 for sale if you want to "***" them. ;)

come on you know you want a 4 some

TeamPSI
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
This thread really exists?

Ive never really had to chime in about something like this, so dont take it as an attack. I want this cleared up now though. Memphis hasnt asked me or said anything about the situation. Im here because I happened to see the thread while looking up my own feedback threads.

Didnt we speak about this? Memphis did NOT send you anything other than a BNIB SX. I explained to you about the voice coils, wire impedance and length, assembly tolerances, different revisions of coils, etc.

Why didnt you explain the coil difference in the first post? They are both D2 coils. One is just 00.125" longer than the other.

The fact of the matter is... RE has had a couple of different revision of the D2 coil for the SX over the years. You happened to end up with 1 of each. They have been built and sold to thousands of people with no one ever having an issue, as you wont. The impedance difference is no more than 0.33 ohms per coil fron one coil revision to the next. They will work absolutely fine together, no matter what you've been told.

I guess what you're not getting here is that BOTH of those are BNIB RE SX subwoofers. Both have OEM RE AUDIO VOICE COILS. They share the same exact part number an all.

As for the sub coming in a cardboard box... so what? Every RE audio sub ever made was in a brown cardboard box up until US amps bought the place and moved everything to China. The sub you got from Memphis is actually the better of the two. Keep it and sell the Chinese POS back on Ebay if you must part with one or the other. ;)

You need to realize that Memphis didnt do anything out of the way by selling you that subwoofer as a BNIB RE SX 12" D2. Thats EXACTLY what is it.

If I were him, I wouldnt want to send any $ back either. :) I understand "the customer is always right", but cmon. He did exactly what he was supposed to in the deal, and ended up with some guy flipping out on him.... and putting his name in his sig as a scammer in BIG RED LETTERS. Screw that.

audioholic
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
As for the sub coming in a cardboard box... so what? Every RE audio sub ever made was in a brown cardboard box up until US amps bought the place and moved everything to China.Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but the xxx's I bought from you/RE back in '05 did not come in cardboard boxes, they came in wooden crates.

TeamPSI
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but the xxx's I bought from you/RE back in '05 did not come in cardboard boxes, they came in wooden crates.

Because they weigh 70lbs. We/I/RE had to put them in wooden crates to keep them from being demolished. They were also encased in a sturdy BROWN CARDBOARD BOX, were they not?

SX's were ALWAYS sent straight from RE in a brown box with a smaller box, cut in half, and glued to the bottom to keep the sub from moving around. Foam pieces were then added, and the box was taped up!Thats how they ALL came until they were moved to China.

02parkave
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but the xxx's I bought from you/RE back in '05 did not come in cardboard boxes, they came in wooden crates.

Wrapped in a cardboard box:laugh:

audioholic
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Because they weigh 70lbs. We/I/RE had to put them in wooden crates to keep them from being demolished. They were also encased in a sturdy BROWN CARDBOARD BOX, were they not?Of course they were encased in a cardboard box, that wasn't the point. The point, as was the discussion at hand here, was whether or not they came in ONLY a cardboard box, as shown in the pics in this thread.

Again not trying to get in the middle of this, but your comment about all RE subs being shipped in that method was a bit misleading. Perhaps all SX's were shipped in that same manner (apparently).

audioholic
10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Wrapped in a cardboard box:laugh::rolleyes:

TeamPSI
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Dude I like you... so stop splitting hairs here. You know what I meant, as does everyone else. I dont have time for that ****.

Im really trying to make sure that everyone here knows for a fact that Memphis did NOTHING wrong by selling and shipping that sub as a BNIB SX 12" D2!

Stop cluttering up this thred with useless arguments bro.

Edit: Im sorry... really not trying to be a **** to you bro. Im just aggrivated at the fact that this thread is even here.

audioholic
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Dude I like you... so stop splitting hairs here. You know what I meant, as does everyone else. I dont have time for that ****.

Im really trying to make sure that everyone here knows for a fact that Memphis did NOTHING wrong by selling and shipping that sub as a BNIB SX 12" D2!

Stop cluttering up this thred with useless arguments bro.Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning bro? I dont know how I could have been more polite in explaining my clarification. I think it was nice of you to come here and explain things. I wasn't trying to hassle you, only clarify the point.

TeamPSI
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Probably so. lol

I also have already explained all of this to the OP but this thread is still sitting here with this dude's name in red, saying he's screwed someone. I guess it ticked me off a tiny bit.

You know me and you are cool anyhow!;)

audioholic
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Probably so. lol

I also have already explained all of this to the OP but this thread is still sitting here with this dude's name in red, saying he's screwed someone. I guess it ticked me off a tiny bit.

You know me and you are cool anyhow!;)Understood.

It was cool of you to come here and spend the time to set the record straight. :cool: Sorry I caused more confusion.

TeamPSI
10-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Cant we all just get along? :(

mlstrass
10-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Appreciate you clarifying things as I knew you were the guy with the answers.

OP should retract his "scammer" remarks and give Memphis positive feedback.

audioholic
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
No matter how bad things get, there's always beer.

mlstrass
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM
No matter how bad things get, there's always beer.

makes bad things seem better and ugly women look good :eek:

infamous_e46
10-17-2008, 03:41 PM
i already told jason to hold on to the sub for a bit and i will buy it

skittlesRgood
10-18-2008, 01:19 AM
well the first thing i did was pm you teampsi but over a week you never responded. this was made because i had no good answer from you and memphis said it was probably a differant voice coil. i did come to you first, no answer, asked memphis, didnt know, asked on here and got an answer that it would be a problem. asked for a return and then we ended up here. this thread is here cause i couldnt get the correct answer from the correct source. this ALL would have been avoided if you had answered my PMs. you finaly answered one saying their was a time when the voice coil was made smaller. i asked if you think it would be a problem to run them together... no answer till this.

dont make me out to be the bad guy for looking for the rite answer and finding out (from this forums advice) i had a problem. memphis's lack of cooperation pissed me off and lead me down the road of impatience.

but whatever. im in nebraska for a funeral and i dont really care about this at the moment. and im typing in pitch blackness so im sorry if this is hard to read.

so the subs will work fine together?

02parkave
10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
:rolleyes:

Snappy comeback, kiddo. Your trolling attemmpts arent really even funny, and they sure arent clever:laugh:

02parkave
10-18-2008, 10:05 AM
well the first thing i did was pm you teampsi but over a week you never responded. this was made because i had no good answer from you and memphis said it was probably a differant voice coil. i did come to you first, no answer, asked memphis, didnt know, asked on here and got an answer that it would be a problem. asked for a return and then we ended up here. this thread is here cause i couldnt get the correct answer from the correct source. this ALL would have been avoided if you had answered my PMs. you finaly answered one saying their was a time when the voice coil was made smaller. i asked if you think it would be a problem to run them together... no answer till this.

dont make me out to be the bad guy for looking for the rite answer and finding out (from this forums advice) i had a problem. memphis's lack of cooperation pissed me off and lead me down the road of impatience.

but whatever. im in nebraska for a funeral and i dont really care about this at the moment. and im typing in pitch blackness so im sorry if this is hard to read.

so the subs will work fine together?

This is why you don't take advice on Ethics, In depth speaker questions, or really anything car audio related fromn caraudio.com.. this place is only here for a laugh. the sooner you realize that, the better you will be. Ask a serious question and you will get- A. trolls like me, who will tell you to **** off, B. trolls like audioholic, who just want to make noise and be heard, no matter whether or not its correct :laugh: and C. Clueless children who will give you a good natured (albeit wrong) answer. And as always, you will have the bandwagon riders who try and gang up on one singled out individual and try and dictate what he can/should/will do. AHHH to be 16 again:laugh:

audioholic
10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Snappy comeback, kiddo. Your trolling attemmpts arent really even funny, and they sure arent clever:laugh:Are you serious kid? Im your elder, and your superior, on everything. :laugh:

You never seem to have anything to add to this board besides sarcasm, anger and self-esteem problems. Maybe you should consider another hobby, like knife catching.

Run along now.

audioholic
10-18-2008, 03:18 PM
This is why you don't take advice on Ethics, In depth speaker questions, or really anything car audio related fromn caraudio.com.. this place is only here for a laugh. the sooner you realize that, the better you will be. Ask a serious question and you will get- A. trolls like me, who will tell you to **** off, B. trolls like audioholic, who just want to make noise and be heard, no matter whether or not its correct :laugh: and C. Clueless children who will give you a good natured (albeit wrong) answer. And as always, you will have the bandwagon riders who try and gang up on one singled out individual and try and dictate what he can/should/will do. AHHH to be 16 again:laugh:Im the one here just wanting to be heard? That was good for a laugh. You only come here to 'make noise' and cause problems. I see right through this pathetic attempt to get under my skin. Maybe it works on the kids around here, but I personally dont have enough respect for you, or anything you say, to worry about your opinions or comments.

Have a nice day.

skittlesRgood
10-19-2008, 01:23 AM
This is why you don't take advice on Ethics, In depth speaker questions, or really anything car audio related fromn caraudio.com.. this place is only here for a laugh. the sooner you realize that, the better you will be. Ask a serious question and you will get- A. trolls like me, who will tell you to **** off, B. trolls like audioholic, who just want to make noise and be heard, no matter whether or not its correct :laugh: and C. Clueless children who will give you a good natured (albeit wrong) answer. And as always, you will have the bandwagon riders who try and gang up on one singled out individual and try and dictate what he can/should/will do. AHHH to be 16 again:laugh:

i, very much, trust audioholic.

lilmaniac2
10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
its the buyers responsibility to ask questions. It's not his memphis fault he sold a RE SX and the other guy didnt ask what vc it was...

btdickey99
10-19-2008, 01:33 AM
its the buyers responsibility to ask questions. It's not his memphis fault he sold a RE SX and the other guy didnt ask what vc it was...

true dat

skittlesRgood
10-19-2008, 01:44 AM

ah here is the band waggon. everyone agreed that memphis was the one to blame. now teampsi stuck up for him and everyone changes their mind. when you buy a house and they just dont tell you its got a ton of mold is it your fault for not asking? nope. the seller is required to tell everything about the product. its like buying a game from the PC isle and finding out its for a MAC and you have a pc. oh well you didnt ask. its needs to say it from the beginning. if it doesnt then you should be able to return it.

BUT we are working something out and your opinion, after 7 pages really doesnt mater.

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-19-2008, 01:54 AM
If it was declared BNIB then that would mean it is brand new, in a factory distributed box, and has never been used.

He received a speaker that had been abused, and then reconed with alternative parts that were not obtained from the original manufacturer.

This should have been labled as a freshly reconed speaker.

Now, I did not read this entire thread, but if the two subs will cooperate together then there should be no problem. However if there is a t/s clash due to the new coil not being from RE then he is entitled to a refund. Also, if the only problem is that the coils are of different impedances, then it would be the fault of the buyer for not addressing that issue prior to purchasing.

Please fill me in on where I might be wrong or misinformed about this issue.

IDSkoT
10-19-2008, 01:56 AM

It wasn't described correctly. It must've been obvious to you (you MUST'VE opened the box) that this wasn't an ordinary RE SX... as the OP stated it didn't have the SX dustcap. There is no "it's not my fault." Because it clearly is. BNIB means that it is as if the manufacturer was sending you the item. I can understand that you didn't know it had a different VC, but from your F/S thread it says nothing about it being from David. (I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and looked through the entire thread) This is flat out shady. I'd understand if it was an accident. No one's really to blame, except you, as a seller, should've been less oblivious... buyers assume that it's up to manufacturer's par when you put BNIB. Not more, or less. But right on par.
And personally, I don't care if the money went to feed thousands of people in Zimbabwean... **** up your losses, pay for the shipping, and try to sell it again. I'm sure someone will buy it.

EDIT:: I read TeamPSI's post, and I must say he has a way with words. I'm not much of an RE fanboi, so I don't know much about them. If there is little difference in the sub, then that's fine. I thought there was a big change in resistance, and that was going to be a problem. But as TeamPSI insisted, it isn't. If it bothers you that much, order a re-cone and re-cone one of them. I do agree that, even still, Memphis4L was in the wrong... but so was skittles for not asking for pictures of his new sub.

skittlesRgood
10-19-2008, 02:16 AM
i do have pics. im not that stupid. however we have been over all of this and i dont think we need to go over it again.

i would like teampsi to confirm again that there will not be any noticable differance by running these 2 together, though.

lilmaniac2
10-19-2008, 02:22 AM
ah here is the band waggon. everyone agreed that memphis was the one to blame. now teampsi stuck up for him and everyone changes their mind. when you buy a house and they just dont tell you its got a ton of mold is it your fault for not asking? nope. the seller is required to tell everything about the product. its like buying a game from the PC isle and finding out its for a MAC and you have a pc. oh well you didnt ask. its needs to say it from the beginning. if it doesnt then you should be able to return it.

BUT we are working something out and your opinion, after 7 pages really doesnt mater.

Not bandwagon. Stating my opinion. Don't like it too bad

skittlesRgood
10-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Not bandwagon. Stating my opinion. Don't like it too bad

just dont care:fyi:

audioholic
10-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Its a tough spot to be in and I can understand Skittles being concerned. I would be upset if I just bought two bnib SX's and they didn't match, anyone here would. I didn't like the sellers "he didn't ask" attitude, but I dont really see where he intentionally tried to hide anything, and teampsi makes some good points. Both sides have validity here imho. But it sounds like there is something in the works behind the scenes to make everyone happy. I hope so. Sorry this situation had to happen, to both you guys. Good luck.

RE_XXX
10-19-2008, 02:45 AM
If the motor has seen a prior voicecoil, it is a RECONE! even with a new basket and softparts... Recone!!! Sellers responsibility to say that.

XaznKewLguyX
10-19-2008, 02:46 AM
i guess some of us are just more OCD about their equipment... hell if it were me i'd be pissed to.

but thats just because im an OCD ***** when it comes to my hobbies.

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-19-2008, 04:28 AM
It's not OCD at all, you expect to know the origin of a product you buy. New, used, reconed, blown, on fire, whatever... If it wasn't described as a recone then it is the sellers direct fault.

TeamPSI
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Ok fellas...

Whomever has made the statement and/or decision that this particular subwoofer was reconed by me is completely wrong. The subwoofer is BRAND NEW.

You guys do understand that I worked at RE audio for 7 years, right? I, ME, MYSELF am the guy who built almost every RE subwoofer made for that period of time. Just because something was assembled, by me, somewhere other than the RE Audio factory really doesn't mean much here. It is still the same product, made with the same parts, by the same person, and sent in the SAME packaging that was used for said product.

I've already told the OP (multiple times now) that these will work together with no issues at all. How many times should I really have to type it?

The coils are the SAME PART. Let me explain it once again, just in case someone missed it....
Sometimes different batches of aluminum and copper (although still he same material) will have different electrical resistances. To make this short, sometimes the same size and length of wire will have a different impedance. If you were to wind the same exact coil with these two different batches of wire, you could end up with impedances that vary greatly from one another. Sometimes (3 times now) we had to adjust the winding width (length of the wound wire on the former) slightly to keep the DCR of the coil within our own specs for resistance.

What has happened here is that the OP ended up with one of each. How was Memphis supposed to know this? How was I supposed to know this? The fact of the matter is, none of us did, and it doesn't matter... just like Ive said a few times already.

Trust me guys, I've been the one to publish every detail of RE tech for years. Has you ever seen anyone having a problem with subs not working well together because one's dcr is 2.0 and the other is 2.2? Cmon... After a coil is heated and cooled a few times, it's dcr can change up to 0.5ohms anyway!

You're not the 1st person to use two or more subs with different (slightly) coil revisions. I've done it, lots of RE customers have, and TONS of customers from other companies as well. Would you rather have the same length coil with a VERY different impedance instead? Thats about the only other option that you, or anyone else, has.

SO....
Put the subs in your car and use them
Or sell them - If your OCD is REALLY that bad
Lets all be pals.

=]

rollerdj
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
I can't belive this thread is still going. Like the energizer bunny I tell ya. :laugh:

iamamp3pimp
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I learned a few things from it, thats for sure.

but i can vouge for the DCR changing if the coils have been heated up a few times.

I have had D2's read as D3's with no noticable output difference.

just someting i thought id throw out there.

XaznKewLguyX
10-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Ok fellas...

Whomever has made the statement and/or decision that this particular subwoofer was reconed by me is completely wrong. The subwoofer is BRAND NEW.

You guys do understand that I worked at RE audio for 7 years, right? I, ME, MYSELF am the guy who built almost every RE subwoofer made for that period of time. Just because something was assembled, by me, somewhere other than the RE Audio factory really doesn't mean much here. It is still the same product, made with the same parts, by the same person, and sent in the SAME packaging that was used for said product.

I've already told the OP (multiple times now) that these will work together with no issues at all. How many times should I really have to type it?

The coils are the SAME PART. Let me explain it once again, just in case someone missed it....
Sometimes different batches of aluminum and copper (although still he same material) will have different electrical resistances. To make this short, sometimes the same size and length of wire will have a different impedance. If you were to wind the same exact coil with these two different batches of wire, you could end up with impedances that vary greatly from one another. Sometimes (3 times now) we had to adjust the winding width (length of the wound wire on the former) slightly to keep the DCR of the coil within our own specs for resistance.

What has happened here is that the OP ended up with one of each. How was Memphis supposed to know this? How was I supposed to know this? The fact of the matter is, none of us did, and it doesn't matter... just like Ive said a few times already.

Trust me guys, I've been the one to publish every detail of RE tech for years. Has you ever seen anyone having a problem with subs not working well together because one's dcr is 2.0 and the other is 2.2? Cmon... After a coil is heated and cooled a few times, it's dcr can change up to 0.5ohms anyway!

You're not the 1st person to use two or more subs with different (slightly) coil revisions. I've done it, lots of RE customers have, and TONS of customers from other companies as well. Would you rather have the same length coil with a VERY different impedance instead? Thats about the only other option that you, or anyone else, has.

SO....
Put the subs in your car and use them
Or sell them - If your OCD is REALLY that bad
Lets all be pals.

=]

:toast:

chances are your going to swap them out for something different in a few months anyways.. like everyone else in this forum...

James Bang
10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
2.3 ... 2.35

big ****ing difference..

and why wasn't this posted in the feedback section?

TeamPSI
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I mean... yea

Johnny Drama
10-20-2008, 06:17 PM
My head hurts.