PDA

View Full Version : Should I Just Install a Front Stage Only?

Souljah8574
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a 2001 Civic Sedan, should I stick with just a front stage or install a rear as well? Btw, the speakers are 6.5"

revrider1
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I only have Front stage in both my cars, but I have subs in the rear...

Cravingbass123
10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
do it pussssy

streetbeater07
10-09-2008, 09:38 PM
rear fill is nice if you ride passengers in the back.

jnralp00
10-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Depends on what you have in the trunk;) I had some 6x9's in rear deck but they didn't last too long. Maybe if you could baffle some in or something, but I don't have any rear fill

Souljah8574
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Forgot to add, going to be pushing a IDMAX 12 running a bout 800W RMS in the trunk.

lyttleviet
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Depends on what front stage, but typically people like that around here :)

macq32
10-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm making the switch myself (bridging fronts) in the near future, and ill be contacting ^lyttleviet^

James Bang
10-09-2008, 11:55 PM
whatever you like. it's your system

Brian_smith06
10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
i say focus on front stage first. then when happy with that and you feel the need to add some rear fill go for it.

and great choice of sub :)

Spectrum
10-09-2008, 11:59 PM
i have a 4 door truck and my box takes up all of the back so i haven't worked on the rear door speakers but they are still there...dont see any point in upgrading when it is just for fill

allout13
10-10-2008, 12:09 AM
worry about the front stage, and then run some coaxials off of the headunit if you really feel you need rear fill. I only have a front stage and substage in my car and I like it

khanhfat
10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
rear fill is nice if you ride passengers in the back.

yeah,, cause i ride the car alone most of the time, if there is passenger , most of the time u'd turn the volume down and talk, and concentrate more on driving than bassing out loud :D.

Do the fronts first , it's easier to tune and if u want optional rear, then put in some speakers on the rear then.

I'd rather do comps in front and a sub in the back is good enough.

fast85_gt
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
worry about the front stage, and then run some coaxials off of the headunit if you really feel you need rear fill. I only have a front stage and substage in my car and I like it

x2 i would put my $ in the front i found that the rear is just a waste i would just do front fill sounds better without the rear fill

FoxPro5
10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
My system gets plenty loud for anyone to hear it just fine from the back. In fact, if you're at least 6" tall, I'd say you practically sit in the back seat already. Back in the day when I was rockin the rear fill, the passenger's side door speaker was measurably closer to my left ear then my front door speaker. ;)

ENDER_XVICM
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I have rear fill in my cavalier, nothing fancy. running off an amp i got cheap. fade it out if i dont have anyone in the back seat.

jdc753
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I am a recent convert to fronts only. Rear fill will only pull the soundstage towards the back, and you can get plenty loud enough with fronts only. Also as others said when you have passengers in the back its rare you will be cranking on the volume.

timaishu
10-11-2008, 02:51 AM
For all you guys who have front stage only.. Do you guys fade everything to the front. Or do you just leave it in the middle.

Im asking because when I fade to the front, all my low notes basically disappear. All it does it distort and sound like poo. Vocals sound fine though, its just the low end stuff that it freaks out on.

I run my setup with rear fill. I like the extra bass they add. :)

fast85_gt
10-11-2008, 05:50 AM
For all you guys who have front stage only.. Do you guys fade everything to the front. Or do you just leave it in the middle.

Im asking because when I fade to the front, all my low notes basically disappear. All it does it distort and sound like poo. Vocals sound fine though, its just the low end stuff that it freaks out on.

yes leave it in the middle becouse your subs should be on rear channel's the reason it sounds like poo is couse your mids are picking up where your subs drop off if that helps

skateboardkid
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
rear fill adds bass???

like muddy 6x9 bass, just front components and a sub in the rear.

timaishu
10-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Are you referring to me?

And yes they do. And no its not muddy.

Its actually pretty clean sounding, it can shake my mirrors a lil bit while still sounding excellent.

Sunfire01
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Are you referring to me?

And yes they do. And no its not muddy.

Its actually pretty clean sounding, it can shake my mirrors a lil bit while still sounding excellent.

and front stage with a sub can sound 1000x better....

shaneb
10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
front stage with a sub is all you need. you should not put the burden of bass on the components or coaxial. they aren't designed for it, if you want bump, you need a sub.

Horsemanwill
10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
if you gonna just do a front stage install the important thing to remember is make sure it's a "strong" front stage. the purpose of a "good sounding" car audio system is suppose to be mimicing that of a concert where all the sound is front and centered. it should also be like that for the rear fill.

James Bang
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
blah blah blah, all this **** has been said and discussed before... extensively

walkychalky
10-12-2008, 10:21 PM
i used to have just my front...added the rear bcuz i simply like it better...but my front stage is where i put the $$$

CadillacMatt
10-12-2008, 10:33 PM

Same here, when I fade to the front the speakers sound completely tinny (like I'm listening through a wall or something). With the fade set even and the rear speakers going the music sounds "full".

IDK maybe it has something to do with the Kenwoods :crap:

funkycasey
10-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Only time I have mine set to front and back is when there are people in my back seat....Have components in the front and coaxials in the back

budahbuddy803
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
just fronts and a sub if you have a good set of comps and an amp.

UCF52
10-12-2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9806&highlight=rear+fill

CadillacMatt
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
how much power do you have up front? Do you have your lows turned up enough?

Running an Infinity 75wx4 channel amp. Kenwoods up front, stock tweeters off head unit up front, and RF Punch 6x9s in the back. I have the EQ set to where it sounds great when all four speakers are playing but it's like a HPF cuts in when the fade is set to the front :confused:.

I would be willing to try a front fill only setup but not until I have the $$$ to drop on a nice set of component speakers and plenty of damping for the doors.