PDA

View Full Version : what kind of speakers are good?

sgleaton15
07-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Well I just ordered a powerful Alpine cd player and I want to get some speakers for my car. I know nothing about them though and right now I just have the original factory ones. I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't want the big boxes or anything, so I was thinking I would just get some speakers for my front doors. Somebody told me Infinity Kappas were the way to go, but does anybody have any other suggestions. I want really good ones but I am not ought to spend tooo much money. Also, what does component mean? Please give me advice... i know nothing.
THANKS!!!:confused

paikiah
07-07-2003, 01:38 AM
people who try to help also kow nothing about your requirements...;)

a budget/ what kind of music you listen to would be a start...

Also, do you prefer sharp, accurate high notes (titanium domes) or a smootehr delivery of higher note(silk/fabric)?

THe best would be to go down to your local audio dealer and listen to a few, seeif you can find one that you really like. :)

LBX2G
07-07-2003, 01:39 AM
just go the alpine type R's or the type S's. You could go with mBquart.

Here is the website were all carauudio manufactors are www.mobileaudio.com

sgleaton15
07-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Alright, well i listen to bout everything except for like loud stuff like TOOL. Mainly rap and country. So I want good bass, but also i guess just clear sounding music? If I am just getting like speakers for the front doors id say my budget is no more than 150... not retail but like 150 on ebay. Hope that helps some...

:crazy:

94_civic_guy
07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
The Polk/MOMO component speakers are pretty good, but cost alot of money.

BDIDDY
07-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 94_civic_guy
The Polk/MOMO component speakers are pretty good, but cost alot of money.

MOMO's are freakin nice. Not to bright but not to soft either. Any of them though. I would seriously recommend going down to the local CC or EE and listening to them.

sgleaton15
07-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Alright... well there is one question that is still unanswered. What is the difference between component speakers and plain speakers? :(

paikiah
07-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by sgleaton15
Alright... well there is one question that is still unanswered. What is the difference between component speakers and plain speakers? :(

just what do you mean by plain speakers? stock speakers? probalby power handling, quality of music, cone material...

LBX2G
07-08-2003, 01:07 AM
do u mean 2-way or 3-way speakers? well the difference is that the componet tweter is seperate and i comes with an external x-over that is some times ajustable. The reason the tweeter is seperate is for better placement.

BDIDDY
07-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by sgleaton15

I am not real sure, but I think the frequency range covered. But I can tell you this all you will need is a component set and maybe an amp. After you listen to regular speakers, components should blow you away with the sound they reproduce.

nitrous
07-08-2003, 02:34 PM
I have been running the 6 1/2" Kappa Component setup in my car for almost 3 months now and I do not regret buying them one bit. If you want to stay around $150 on Ebay, I would get the 3-way Kappa or Perfect speakers, you will love them!