PDA

View Full Version : IASCA Judge Training in California

SoCalSQ
10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I am trying to schedule an IASCA judges training for December 6th and 7th. In order to have the training I need commitments from at least 10 people to cover the expenses, before I will schedule the event.

The training consists of one day in class and one day in cars listening. The cost for the training is $100 for both days. The training will take place at Audio Shoppe in Riverside California.

If you are interested please contact me via email at [email protected]

rasta4life
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
that would be killer just to see if what the judges are looking for and you learning .
What kind of cars are you going to use to evaluate, do we use are own cars.The more cars to listen to the better right.Need more info.:D:D:):patrioti:

SoCalSQ
10-09-2008, 08:40 PM
We will be judging the cars the judges and instructors bring. The last judge's trainign I went to there were about 10 cars with SQ systems for us to listen to. This really helps with getting consistency among the judges.

On a side note:
This is a great opportunity for competitors to learn EXACTLY what the judges are looking for. If youre spending 5K on a stereo and 1K in gas to go to finals . . .$100 is nothing to have a better chance at winning.

rasta4life
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
To todd I spoke to you about a week or so ago,you said" I need one person.Did you get somebody and also how many people are using their own cars to evaluate.If you can find out what equipment is being used in their systems and what setup .Each car would be nice.I also am very interested in this training but for me to travel that far I like to know what I am going against.

It Hertz
10-28-2008, 10:58 PM
One thing to learn about Judging and being a judge, the type or brands of equipment in a vehicle does not matter.

The best judges will never notice What is in the vehicle being judged, only how it performs.

The training class is what is most important here. If you are concerned about how you stack up against another vehicle at training then this may not be for you.

When you show up to a show to compete you will rarely know what everyone, if anyone, will have setup. What you may think you are up against from one show to the next will surprise you as most hardcore competitors are always changing their setups. Much like race cars Car Audio systems are always being tweaked manipulated or changed completely.

If you are wanting to attend training, then make the trip... or find a shop or two in your area down in NM that would be interested in hosting some shows. get 8 to 10 people together that will do the training. and i will, come down there and do a training class. I have family in Albuquerque, so we travel there at least a couple times a year. but I can come down for a weekend to do training. If you need some advice or help with getting shops on board, please email or call me and I will be happy to give you some advice.

you may want to talk to the guys at Pardise Village, or Driver's Den (Jim is the owner.)

I am not sure what other shop are still around out there, but I am sure there a couple that we can get to host a show or two.

rasta4life
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
One thing to learn about Judging and being a judge, the type or brands of equipment in a vehicle does not matter.

The best judges will never notice What is in the vehicle being judged, only how it performs.

The training class is what is most important here. If you are concerned about how you stack up against another vehicle at training then this may not be for you.

When you show up to a show to compete you will rarely know what everyone, if anyone, will have setup. What you may think you are up against from one show to the next will surprise you as most hardcore competitors are always changing their setups. Much like race cars Car Audio systems are always being tweaked manipulated or changed completely.

If you are wanting to attend training, then make the trip... or find a shop or two in your area down in NM that would be interested in hosting some shows. get 8 to 10 people together that will do the training. and i will, come down there and do a training class. I have family in Albuquerque, so we travel there at least a couple times a year. but I can come down for a weekend to do training. If you need some advice or help with getting shops on board, please email or call me and I will be happy to give you some advice.

you may want to talk to the guys at Pardise Village, or Driver's Den (Jim is the owner.)

I am not sure what other shop are still around out there, but I am sure there a couple that we can get to host a show or two.

maybe lets see what happens,good ideas though.

The main reason I want to know what people have is because I am into car audio and I like to know what people enjoy.

It Hertz
10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
we enjoy music at it's best.

SoCalSQ
10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
The judge training IS happening. I have 11 people interested so far. The training will be from 10am-5pm Saturday and 10am-2pm Sunday. The training will take place at Audio Shoppe in Riverside, Ca. The fee is $100 and includes ISACA membership, a rule book, and a C/D. The membership alone is usually $60 so it's a great deal even for competitors who just want to understand what the judges are looking for.

You are NOT required to judge if you go to the training, but you will have the opportunity to judge if you'd like to. In fact, half of the people going are people who only want to compete.

As part of the training we will listen to the judging C/D on a home reference system, go over the rules, learn what to listen for, learn how to describe what you're hearing, and spend a full day judging the participant's vehicles. We should have over ten vehicles to judge on Sunday.

Contact me at [email protected] to reserve a spot if you're interested. Please include your phone and address in the email.

-Todd

SoCalSQ
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Bump.

The event is coming up this Saturday . . . just wanted to say it's still on.

If you want to attend go to:

Audio Shoppe, Inc.
6760 Central Avenue Unit A
Riverside, Ca. 92504
(951) 787-0550 (951) 788-9379 (fax)

Event starts at 9am, pls be there 10-15 minutes early to get registered. Hours are 9am-5pm Saturday and 9am-2pm Sunday. The cost is $100 and includes 1 year IASCA membership. Lunch will be provided on Saturday. Feel free to call me with questions.

Todd Woodworth
909-816-2640