PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a head unit. Ordering today!

BASS_WARRIOR
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Heres the two I'm looking at. (http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=300&s=0&c=3&cc=01&compareItems=500IDAX100&compareItems=113DDX512)

Don't go off of price because I'm not paying retail anyway. I'm leaning more towards the kenwood. But I have a feeling it would go to waste because I would never use the DVD portion of it, or any of the add ons because my main concern is Ipod hook up.

The main thing I don't like about the alpine is that there are absolutely no eq settings without the imprint module. It has a sub out tho where the kenwood just has front and rear.

I'm torn and since I'm sure the question will come up, the price difference between the two is $100, the kenwood being more.

wu501
10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
The alpine might beat the kenwood in ipod speeds..but that's about it. The kenwoods have great usb device controls if your into that. I have a kenwood head unit with a 40gb drive and it streams music flawlessly. Plus the kenwood has a ton of features compared to that particular alpine.

BASS_WARRIOR
10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I used to have a kenwood and loved thats one of the reasons I was looking at this one.