View Full Version : Possible Front stage???

10-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Car - 94 tt Supra

Going to be adding front speaker only, no rear. I have a good deal on some fronts, but not sure if i should or not...

1 X Alpine type X 4" Componenet set
1 X Alpine type X 6.5" component set
(last year models, brand new for 150 cdn set)

2 x 12" Mb Quart (original quart stuff) subs
2 x KX550.3 Amps

This is my plan....

Install the 6.5" speakers in the stock door locations, and install the 4" speakers + both tweeters (so 2 per side) in kickpanels. I would use all the alpine crossovers. One amp would power the 6.5" comp set, and the other the 4" comp set.

I would also be using an MTX LSX2 Crossover (maybe a line driver for the subs as well).

1) Does this setup make sense, or should i ditch the 4", and just stick with the 6.5;s???

2) If i decide to go ahead with my plan, do i use the alpine crossovers, or does the MTX LSX2 replace the alpine crossovers?????

3) I can pick up another set of the 6.5" components for the same price, would it be better to run 2 sets of 6.5" up front, or should i stay with the 4"/6.5" setup.

All doors would be insulated etc.

10-09-2008, 05:00 AM
run 1 component set. take the 300 and invest in 1 nice set :)

10-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Pics of car? I looooove Supras

10-09-2008, 05:13 AM
x2 on pics of supra!!!!
and only use ones set of components, put that extra cash to some Image Dynamic components, you won't be disappointed!

Edit: Image dynamics components, plus a kick panel install, equals great SQ

10-10-2008, 03:18 AM
hehe i got pics, just have to upload them, i got old ones on SF somewhere, ill try to upload them.

As for running 2 sets, is there a downside to this??

I havnt really heard the type X comps in a car, just ****** demo boards. But the reviews say they play really clear, but dont get SPL loud type of deal. I used to have the diamond audio hex comps, and the tweeter was just 2 harsh (silk tweet). So the alpines kinda seemed like the sound i want, clean and clear with enough midbass.

Plus im doing a broke friend a favour if i buy them since he has never used them and has no use for them. Blah i donno lol

Can you guys tell me, if i go ahead witht he alpines, do i replace the crossovers with the mtx LSX2, or does it work with the alpine crossovers ...???

thanx guys, ill get pics up, or at least link you to some

10-10-2008, 03:22 AM
check my gallery for pic

10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
nice ride but one good set in the front is going to be loud just dont make the mistake i made and get 5 1/2 they are hard to get loud i just upgraded to 6 1/2 id's they are great i have 2 treo 12"s in back and it gets plenty loud