PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 880prs wont eject

jboudreau
10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi guys, Sorry for this long first post...I need to vent.

This is my first post here, but I have been a long time lurker.

I bought a used 880 on ebay, and i got screwed.

Seller said he would include the mic, which he did not do...but thats not the worst part.

I get this thing all installed, and decide to test it out. turn it on, and notice it has a cd in it. I listen to a few of his mp3s that he had left in it, thinking that oh he probably just forgot to take his cd out before removing this from his car. No big deal right....WRONG.

I try to eject it, face plate comes down, I hear it trying to eject (clicks like 3-4 times) and then the face just fold back up leaving the disc still in the deck.

:verymad:

Looks like the guy sold me a unit that he knew was damaged.

Tried getting ahold of him...first about the missing the mic, and then a few days later about the cd not ejecting. No word. either through email or phone.

:verymad::verymad::furious::furious:

After reading all the crappy fine print about paypal, it looks like the only way i can get my money back is if HE refunds it. (I seriously doubt that will happen)

So getting back to my problem.

Has anyone ever had this happen to a pioneer deck? Is it an easy fix? something that can be done myself? I tried the reset button on the unit. didnt do anything.

Anyone know how much something like this should cost to repair?

It looks like I am gonna be stuck with this door stop, so I might as well see if i cant get it fixed.

I should have know better that buy used electronics on ebay. I thought paypal would cover me up to $200 (that is what the ebay auction said..with a little paypal guaranty icon....what a JOKE)

Just looking to vent a little, and see if anyone has ever had this happen to them (both the cd not ejecting issue, and the issue with buying a doorstop on ebay...and getting your money back.)

If I had paid with paypal using a credit card, at least i could have done a charge back...but I had some money in my paypal account, and used most of that for this purchase (wasn't thinking.... I guess)

Thanks for letting me vent.

Jay

redfred18t
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I've never had that problem with my p800 but on my dad's dumptruck, he has a panasonic cd player and it does the same exact thing. Basically, you have to stick your fingers and push on the area where the disc ejects, and it will come out. hard to explain but essentially you're putting your fingers into the slot and push down.

It's a piece of **** panasonic but theres no point spending money on something that gets filthy dirty and beat up haha

bass_lover1
10-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Sounds like the CD got dislodged from the mechanism.

I've had this happen to me a few times on previous CD players. The previous owner probably forgot that he had a CD in there then went to put another one in and knocked it loose.

Take some small tweezers and see if you can pull it out, doubtful that you'll do any damage but still be careful.