PDA

View Full Version : quick help

mwokram
10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
So I just blew out my rear right side comp which ***** but not too big of a deal it was a Blaupunkt VC660 6.5 if i remember correctly, they were running off a mtx thunder 4 channel amp at about 150 watts. The rear fill is basically for when i have passengers otherwise faded a little so that most of my sound is coming from the front stage.

I was thinking of throwing the PG RSD's that everyone seems to have but just wanted to see what other good choices might I have. Not looking to spend more then around 100 for the set.

Also what would cause the speaker to blow? Their rated at 100 rms and weren't receiving more then 150 and the amp shouldnt be sending any bad signals I hope? Any thing else that could have caused this?

Thanks

jco1385
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
blaupunkt isn't gonna handle 1.5x what it's rated IMO. that may be why it died.

wu501
10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
RSD's are great for the money but I would spend a few dollars more and get a set of the pioneer TS-D720C. You can get them on ebay for a bit over 100. They are some of the best comps I have heard for the price...way better than the rsd's. I have had both so I speak from experience.

lyttleviet
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Look into the ID CTX65CS.. They are a little more but DEFINITELY worth the price.

mwokram
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far, after going back into my car and checking it out again it seems like the comp goes out time to time but also comes back on for most of the time, but the tweeter is still on when it goes out. What could that possibly be?

Also when I fade out to the back speakers they sound fine altogether but if i raise the volume past 20 it seems like the speakers go lame (sorry i dont really know what the exact term would be..) under 20 they sound good everything is working and the music sounds alive but if i raise it, it sounds like something goes out and it sounds like its coming from a background not how they should normally sound if thats understandable?? lol sorry thats the best i can put it any ideas??

streetbeater07
10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
turn the gain down on the rear channels

mwokram
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
They are pretty low as it is, the rear channel gain is maybe at 25% at most 30 while the front is alittle less then 50 and doing fine.