PDA

View Full Version : sealing

TRAVIESO
07-06-2003, 02:55 AM
When building a box you put liquide nails between the boards then screw them together. Right? Then you put sealent around the joints. right? I just want to make sure im doing this right. How long should I let it dry?

B0mberman
07-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Hey, check out this website..these should help u go through ur box building problems...

http://www.lalena.com/audio/faq/build/

good luck and tell me how it goes!

mgaidica
07-07-2003, 01:41 AM
yes, u can do that and it works fine.. ive lately not been using so much on the edges because some poeple arnt carpeting their box and it looks much cleaner.. then just make sure the inside is well sealed.. either way, just make sure no leaks..

Give it like an hour to set.. i mean u dont need to wait for it unless ur going to put subs in right away.. if ur just building go on with ur business..

TRAVIESO
07-07-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by mgaidica
yes, u can do that and it works fine.. ive lately not been using so much on the edges because some poeple arnt carpeting their box and it looks much cleaner.. then just make sure the inside is well sealed.. either way, just make sure no leaks..

Give it like an hour to set.. i mean u dont need to wait for it unless ur going to put subs in right away.. if ur just building go on with ur business..

How do you check for leaks?

mgaidica
07-07-2003, 02:35 AM
u cant really... water works for fiberglass.. but otherwise, u just gotta know..