PDA

View Full Version : High end coaxial/braxial style speakers?

2500hd06
10-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm planning out the system for my standard cab silverado and need a solid front stage. While I realize it's a bit of a handicap, I'm pretty intent on keeping the interior 100% stock in appearance so I'm looking for a set of coaxial/braxial/point source style speakers to fit in the stock locations. The amps/subs will be behind the seats so the only visible giveaway that there is anything altered will be the 800PRS in the dash.

I was initially set on the Image Dynamics XS65's, but I've found a few others that might work well for my setup so I'd like opinions on these and/or any others that should be considered. I'm looking for a strong midbass with a smooth laid back tweeter. I haven't decided for sure on the amp, but I'm looking very hard at the DLS ultimate and Audison LRx series. I will more than likely run the speakers active also.

So, here's what the top of my list looks like...

1- Image Dynamics XS65
2- DLS UX26
3- Morel Integra Ovation XO
4- JL Audio C5-650x

Unfortunately, there are only a handful of of shops within driving distance of me and they only carry lower end stuff for the most part so my decision will be highly dependent on the opinions I recieve on here.

lyttleviet
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I would cross out the JL set immediately. I am just not a fan of their stuff. To me, it would be Morel, DLS, then ID.

2500hd06
10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I would cross out the JL set immediately. I am just not a fan of their stuff. To me, it would be Morel, DLS, then ID.

The JL was on there somewhat as an afterthought actually. I like their amps, but I've never been all that big of a fan of their speaker line. The C5 was added since I saw that it used a silk tweeter. Figured I'd see if anyone had anything good to say about them.

I've been wanting to try ID for awhile now, but as a brand I would generally consider Morel and DLS to be on a higher level at least from my limited experience. The one big advantage going for the DLS speakers is that I'm leaning heavily towards the DLS amps and I have a dealer right up the road from me so I may be able to work out some sort of deal on them if I purchased the entire setup from them.

Jando86
10-08-2008, 03:05 AM
CDT makes some nice braxials...
Ive heard them :thumbsup:

Flipx99
10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
CDT makes some nice braxials...
Ive heard them :thumbsup:

This is what my friend has in his silverado as well. Not sure model # though.

wu501
10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
boston pro's. They are able to be mounted like a coaxial or a comp set.

James Bang
10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
ID XS comps would do very nicely.