PDA

View Full Version : 03 GMC sierra Bose problem

USCGPO3
10-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey yall. I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I've got an 03 sierra with that factory bose system in it. And I've put a sony x-plod head unit, a bazooka mono block amp and a shallow mount power acoustik 10 in it and I'm having a slight problem with the bose components. When I turn up my cd player to tune my amp I find that I can't turn it up past around 10 on the volume because when I do it's way too loud and I feel as though I might blow the mids and highs right out. I previously owned a 98 s-10 and I didnt have this problem. A reasonable listening volume on the head unit in the s-10 was between 18 and 22. However with it in the GMC, 10 is almost blowing the speakers and I'm not getting enough audio to the amp to tune it properly. I think it might have something to do with the factory amp under the dash but I'm not sure. So in having this problem I can't tune my amp properly and I'm not getting all I can out of my sub. If anyone knows of a way to either bypass the factory amp or retard the components back, please let me know.. Thanks