PDA

View Full Version : need transaction advice from the board

BLD 25
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
hey everyone, i wanted some advice on a transaction I made over three months ago where the guy is now wanting something done. I have excellent refs here, diyma.com, and ebay, and I rarely ever have a problem.

I sold a diamond audio tdx sub to mrmakinmoves in June and everything is stated in the thread here:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324934&highlight=tdx

here is a copy of what i said:

I have a Diamond audio TDX 12 dual 2 that i am selling for $90 shipped. Both coils read well on the DMM, and cosmetically, the cone is perfect. However, it has a mechanical noise near its limits and full excursion. I messed with it alot, and found that it had a crack in the epoxy joint where the cone and spider meet. I put two more layers of epoxy on it, and it is holding just fine(not a perfect job, but pretty good for my first try). In a trunk car, it is very difficult to hear any of the mechanical noise, and there are times that it is not making any noise at all even standing in front of the speaker.

Even if it was completely blown, it would still be a good deal for the motor and basket. It is sold AS IS, but it still works quite well.

i highlighted where i said it was AS IS.

He says now three months later that he is unsatisfied with the transaction and something needs to be done. I feel that AS IS is AS IS, especially three months later. I feel that i disclosed all information necessary. Anyone else agree?

99grandprixGT
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
ya i think hes out of luck. you were honest and listed the defects up front. if he did not like what he saw, he should not of bought in the first place. in my opinion.

trailz516
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I totally agree with you. Thats rediculous for him to contact you 3months after the deal is complete and say hes not satisfied.

NightDrifter05
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Well you clearly stated the issues with the sub and that it was being sold as is. I wouldn't do anything for him especially if it took him 3 month's to get with you about it. If it were maybe a couple day's or a week or so later I would be willing to work with him but since it's 3 month's I wouldn't worry with it. For all you know he may have blown the sub or screwed something up with it and is just trying this to get some money back out of the deal.

TIeclipseMOJO
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
sub was worth all of 90 shipped. you showed pictures. looks good on your end to me. ive had a sub fail at in a similar way. JB welded it with no problem

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m4/tiyamaha125/SW91222.jpg

BLD 25
10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
thanks. He is demanding money be returned now.

NightDrifter05
10-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Tell him to go screw himself. Anything could have happened to that sub within the 3 month's he had it. He knew what he was buying, you clearly stated as is, you posted pictures, and you sold it at a great price even though it was damaged. If he tries to do a PayPal claim all you will have to do is show proof of a tracking number since they don't cover the condition of item's sold outside of ebay. Just be sure to have pictures, any emails/pm's between the two of you, the link to item, and make sure they realize he waited over 3 month's to bring this up.

BLD 25
10-04-2008, 11:35 AM
thanks. ^^^^^

Paypal said it was too late for him to file a claim since it was after 45 days. I feel bad for him, but this is how things work, especially since i told him the condition, etc from the beginning.

audioatg
10-04-2008, 11:44 AM
thanks. ^^^^^

Paypal said it was too late for him to file a claim since it was after 45 days. I feel bad for him, but this is how things work, especially since i told him the condition, etc from the beginning.

I would think paypal would of thrown it out anyways like a judge ruleing. Saying you said it was AS IS and you stated all what was wrong with it.

sundownz
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
It is ridiculous that he expects his money back now.

rollerdj
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
It is ridiculous that he expects his money back now.

indeed. There is always that risk when you buy something like that. That's why you get it at a much better price. OP, tell him tough luck, it was a risk he was willing to take. He can buy a recone and fix it himself.

lysfys
10-04-2008, 12:46 PM
**** man i think that if he wants an item with warranty then buy a new one

SPY
10-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Just wondering, what is his reason for wanting money back?

Is it due to the same problem or something else?

Not that it really matters, he bought a broken sub for a good price and shouldn't expect anything more.

BLD 25
10-05-2008, 10:32 AM
i am not really sure why he wants it back now. he said he talked to a diamond rep who said it was unrepairable now due to me regluing the spot. Which makes no sense, because every motor is reconeable if the motor is in good shape.

thanks guys, i haven't heard back from him in awhile.