PDA

View Full Version : Security Cameras

baseballer1100
10-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Im looking into getting some security cameras for my house Most likely up to 6. Im not sure what a good brand is where to get them or anything like that. Im looking for some motion activated ones and also night vision ones. Im not sure if i need a dvr as on my computer i have 1tb but anyways if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

djman37
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
pm johncarr on here, he sells 'em.

baseballer1100
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
oh sweet. Will do.

simpsonbuck
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Are you thinking about getting the really small ones that can be hidden in a tree, bush, etc.?

WildSebring
10-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Yep, PM John....he's got tons of DVR/Cameras....does it for a living.. :)

Louisiana_CRX
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
i have all sorts of day/nightvision cameras around my house and a DVR recorder....I use a Swann DVR4-Alert 4 ch digital video camera with motion detection....the best camera I feel they have for night viewing is the Mega Flood Security Camera....you can see up to 160 feet in the dark....I have it pointed down my long driveway...it is pretty wide angle as well....I have all this split to aux on all my TV's and a small moniter by my bed at night...at all my doors I have a SD recorder also....called an Intellicorder by GE ...I also have 4 motion detecters placed around my property...the inside device called the Reporter will beep a different number of beeps for each motion device...upto 4 .....

slam
10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
i have all sorts of day/nightvision cameras around my house and a DVR recorder....I use a Swann DVR4-Alert 4 ch digital video camera with motion detection....the best camera I feel they have for night viewing is the Mega Flood Security Camera....you can see up to 160 feet in the dark....I have it pointed down my long driveway...it is pretty wide angle as well....I have all this split to aux on all my TV's and a small moniter by my bed at night...at all my doors I have a SD recorder also....called an Intellicorder by GE ...I also have 4 motion detecters placed around my property...the inside device called the Reporter will beep a different number of beeps for each motion device...upto 4 .....

****u have me beat. I just have 4 cams/nightvision motion dection up to 50' with sound on my dvr/net and monitors. lol

baseballer1100
10-06-2008, 12:20 AM
That sounds great. How do you guys feel about the cameras? Do they work as a deterrent and have they helped at all?

Andrew_as
10-06-2008, 08:27 AM

God dang you live on an army base?

12VoltIsMyBag
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I hurd not to do any wireless camera's, because someone else can scan the RF Freq, and pick up on your camera's

baseballer1100
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM

What do you think about this setup? been trying to read reviews but not getting a totally straight answer...http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11258102&search=swann&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=swann&Ntt=swann&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Louisiana_CRX
10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
What do you think about this setup? been trying to read reviews but not getting a totally straight answer...http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11258102&search=swann&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=swann&Ntt=swann&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

That is a good price on that setup if you need that many ch's...I would like to have at least 8chs...4 isn't quite enough...I'm considering setting up another 4ch DVR in the attic ...on seperate cameras...just in case someone was lucky enough to make it to one of the DVR's and destroy it....I doubt they would find both....if I do one in the attic ...it'll most likely consist of two hidden indoor cams and two outdoor cams.....

Louisiana_CRX
10-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I hurd not to do any wireless camera's, because someone else can scan the RF Freq, and pick up on your camera's

fairly easy to do....

Louisiana_CRX
10-16-2008, 04:29 PM
God dang you live on an army base?

I have trust issues....:crap:

baseballer1100
10-16-2008, 11:56 PM
That is a good price on that setup if you need that many ch's...I would like to have at least 8chs...4 isn't quite enough...I'm considering setting up another 4ch DVR in the attic ...on seperate cameras...just in case someone was lucky enough to make it to one of the DVR's and destroy it....I doubt they would find both....if I do one in the attic ...it'll most likely consist of two hidden indoor cams and two outdoor cams.....

I figured room to grow and it was a good price. So you would suggest those cameras?

CadillacMatt
10-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Has anyone ever attempted this in a car?

I tossed around the idea of having four different cameras (front, back, side to side) monitoring 24/7 around the car, maybe building a roof console or something similar to house them. Call me paranoid but I would feel very safe :D

baseballer1100
10-17-2008, 12:36 AM
yeah i saw a video where a guy had a camera on his hummer and caught a guy keying his car...

DD_Dave
10-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Has anyone ever attempted this in a car?

I tossed around the idea of having four different cameras (front, back, side to side) monitoring 24/7 around the car, maybe building a roof console or something similar to house them. Call me paranoid but I would feel very safe :D

I keep cameras on all my rides...but not in the car itself....

Louisiana_CRX
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Well I went up in my attic and had planned on pulling a couple of new runs of video camera wiring...and ended up getting terrified...red wasp every where....I saw several big nest packed full....since its hard to run from them in the attic I'm trying to figure out a way to kill them....I may have to wait a month or two till the temp drops...I dunno....