PDA

View Full Version : Help with new Kenwood head unit

boo130
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with a little detail regarding my new Kenwood head unit. I have the KDC-X492, and in the instruction manual there is a section about adjusting the detail of audio control.

The sections are broken down into three areas. Bass level, middle level, and treble level. All three of the sections have a center frequency (i.e. bass center frequency, middle center frequency, treble) and also "Q factor" for bass and middle level. They all have selectable values. Bass center runs from 40 to 150 Hz. Bass Q factor from 1.00 to 2.00. Middle center has a selectable value from 0.5 to 2.0 khz. Treble center has a value from 10.0 to 17.5 khz.

The manual does not provide any information or advice on what to set the head unit to.

Secondly (and again manual has no info) there is also another area dealing with high pass filters (I can select them for front and rear). Both areas have choices from "through" and then 40 to 220 Hz. (in varying steps) There is also a low-pass filter selection area. 50 to 160 hz and also "through".

I am assuming that these values will directly relate to and affect the kind of speakers I have. But...I'm not sure where to set them. If anyone here can provide any kind of help in this area, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sikcavy
10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
i do front and rear at 80 and sub at 70 or 80