PDA

View Full Version : New here

TruespeedEM1
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Whats up everyone my name is Kendall and I drive a 2000 honda civic. Im really interested in car audio but dont really know alot about different functions (HPA/SLA, etc different things ive seen on my radio) and am learning about the different things like watts, ohms, etc. The current setup in my car is this:

Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash
JL audio TR 6.5 speakers up front
JL audio TR 6x9 speakers in the rear
JL audio Silk Tweeters
JL audio 500/1v1 AMP
JL audio 10w7

I plan on changing over to the JL audio C5 6.5's up front, the TR's arent doing it for me. I also plan on getting a JL audio 300/4v2 AMP for the door speakers and maybe either switching to a JL audio 13w7 with a JL audio 1000/1v2 amp, or getting another 10w7 with a 500/1 amp. Do you guys have any comments/suggestions? I really like high clear sounds with clear vocals and big bass, so thats the direction I am heading.

shaneb
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM
aren't we JLaholics, why not broaden your selection.

TruespeedEM1
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
haha i knew that would come up.

I am biased with their stuff, i know most of it (all of it) is overpriced. Like i originally said, i dont really like the Tr 6.5's. I had a 93 prelude that i went to bestbuy and bought pioneer speakers and thought it sounded great, haha.

Im trying to broaden my selection, i just dont know where to start, whats good, what alot of the stuff means, etc.

shaneb
10-01-2008, 09:34 PM
yeah what did you havea h22 or h23? 4wheel steering?
good to see another prelude owner, sad that you gave it up for a civic!!!
man honestly, my knowledge base was the extent of best buy and car toys until i got on here, just spend some time readin' up on what people are into here, whats popular with the hardcore guys...
i'm lookin' to get a pair of Image Dynamics comps soon for my car, their amazing, expensive, but amazing. bu thats cause my goal is sound quality, if you wanna get loud, i'm sure omeone can recommend some other stuff.
There are a lot of brands, just let me know what your goals are and i can at least get you looking in the right direction...if you want more than best buy brands and car toys, look at woofersetc.com.

geowick07
10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum :wave:

TruespeedEM1
10-01-2008, 09:44 PM
yeah what did you havea h22 or h23? 4wheel steering?
good to see another prelude owner, sad that you gave it up for a civic!!!
man honestly, my knowledge base was the extent of best buy and car toys until i got on here, just spend some time readin' up on what people are into here, whats popular with the hardcore guys...
i'm lookin' to get a pair of Image Dynamics comps soon for my car, their amazing, expensive, but amazing. bu thats cause my goal is sound quality, if you wanna get loud, i'm sure omeone can recommend some other stuff.
There are a lot of brands, just let me know what your goals are and i can at least get you looking in the right direction...if you want more than best buy brands and car toys, look at woofersetc.com.

I had a 93 prelude si. It was a H23, i had big plans for it but i really wanted a 2000 civic si and thats what i have now.

Ive already started looking around, seems like alot of good info on the site, hopefully the group doesnt mind noob questions, haha

Im really into sound quality, thats why i want to switch out the TR's. I like clean and clear sound, and i want it to sound the same way turned up.

Ive got a local audio place called sound decisions across from my work that i hang out at a little bit so im not stuck to best buy brands, ive heard of different companies like sundown, phoenix gold, and everything else. I was actually trying to get a job there for awhile but they werent hiring, haha

tEh koRnDog
10-08-2008, 06:58 AM
hey