PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest video deck to fit my situation

skydeaner
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Urmmm.. High low and mid crossovers, so i can run a two way active front stage, and subs. And a 5 band or better eq. I would LIKE it to be able to play divx, but not a requirement. There are so many different ones out, i am not against buying last years models either, so suggest something for me.

skydeaner
09-23-2008, 10:53 PM
ne body?

Supergumby5000
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
most pioneer premier units. My deh-780mp had an (i think) 8-band eq with all the crossover settings and whatnot, and my new f90bt has all the same features. Look around at the pioneer premier units. You can get them perdy cheap.

EDIT: didnt read video deck. look up the pioneer premier 500 line double din. I think that may have what yer looking for

shaneb
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
um it's called a vr3, it sold at walmart..its like 250 or somethin..you'd prob have to get a separate screen also it has like a 2 nch or something...
piece of crap in my opinion...but cheap!

skydeaner
09-23-2008, 11:08 PM
um it's called a vr3, it sold at walmart..its like 250 or somethin..you'd prob have to get a separate screen also it has like a 2 nch or something...
piece of crap in my opinion...but cheap!

and that vr3 can do 3 way active crossovers? For some reason i kinda doubt that ,not trying to offend you, just seems unrealistic.

and size of screen, or even if there is a built it screen doesn't matter as long as it has video output.

JBGabriel
09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Jensen makes the vm series and they are a single din flip screen. They are kinda cheesy but they have some good features. There around 280 new. My buddy has one and the only really problem with it is that it has real low pre out voltage. He had to use a line driver.

skydeaner
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Jensen makes the vm series and they are a single din flip screen. They are kinda cheesy but they have some good features. There around 280 new. My buddy has one and the only really problem with it is that it has real low pre out voltage. He had to use a line driver.

again, the issue is that i run an active front stage. I guess i could buy a crossover for about 80 bucks to make up for the difference. So... New requirements are:

DVD playback, either indash or remote monitor

Stereo Preamp output of any voltage since i will be using the crossover and can use it as a line driver

At Least a 7 band EQ, and time alignment are prefereable

I have a very high quality 15" monitor i will be using in the rear and will be just for my kid. I don't care to watch movies while i am driving, so dual zone will be an extra bonus.

IF you dont now if the products support these options, dont post. The suggestions that i have got so far, don't really pan out after i do the research.

skydeaner
09-25-2008, 02:22 AM
maybe i will just build a carputer then...

stereo jock
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
What's your budget? Their are a few out their that can do that it all depends on how much you wanna spend ( like everything else in the world). This is a really nice one that will do all of those the things you want it to. And we you do get some subs, this one has the subwoofer outputs for you.

http://www.expressionsofstyle.com/power-acoustik-ptid7001n.html

With that you wouldn't need that crossover. It does play divx or you could put all your movies on your ipod or something like that to make it easier. It looks like a double din, but it fits in a signal din slot. hope that helps.

Some other one's here http://www.expressionsofstyle.com/head-units-dvd-with-monitors.html