PDA

View Full Version : why are pioneers so sensivtive to ground problems

loudaccent
09-20-2008, 04:53 PM
well for the past 2 years, ive used 5 diffrent pionners head unitss an it seems that there prone to the grounds failing and eather alloweing words in to your bass or a crap load of ground noise,, any thing to help prevent this,,, oo and i almost always turn the head unit off before working on the rca,, becuase i know some ppl might ask,, thanks,, wut other good head units out there

Johnny Law.Lulz
09-20-2008, 05:14 PM
I like my Kenwood KDC-135 which is the older model of the KDC-185 i think. But its a great HU. I know most peoplel iek alpines but i think too many people have them which is why i went with Kenwood

Fiercetimbo17
09-20-2008, 07:52 PM
i dont know how a ground problem would allow words into your bass, sounds like a crossover problem

cdimic25
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
jvc ar7500 ftw!!! 5v 7 band eq ccc bbe motorized faceplate and only 180 shipped via eBay new :) I love mine

boomzilla
09-21-2008, 01:06 PM
the pico fuse blows in them. im pretty sure its because you need to disconnect the harness from the hu ANYTIME you mess with it, not just turn it off, because its still getting a constant 12v power supply to save your settings. just a design flaw i guess, since other hu's dont have the problem nearly as much.

redfred18t
09-21-2008, 01:48 PM
the pico fuse blows in them. im pretty sure its because you need to disconnect the harness from the hu ANYTIME you mess with it, not just turn it off, because its still getting a constant 12v power supply to save your settings. just a design flaw i guess, since other hu's dont have the problem nearly as much.

oh well thats good. When I installed my p800 the other day, I unhooked power for every little thing haha (hooking up rca's, hooking up ipod, etc)