PDA

View Full Version : Help wiring my HU, speed sensor, brake sensor, reverse sensor

Supergumby5000
09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I got my dash modified today for my F90BT, and began the wiring process, but i am somewhat confused on some of the wires.

First off, there seems to be an antenna control wire, as well as a remote wire (both blue). What is the antenna control wire for?

Secondly, i've never had to wire speed sensor, reverse sensor, or parking brake sensor wires before, so any help on this section would be great! I have no idea where i should go for the speed sensor and reverse sensor wires. As for the parking brake wire, can i just wire that into a 12v constant source such as the cigarette lighter? (that way i can have full functioning dvd at all times, correct?)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

alex5857
09-15-2008, 11:19 PM
the parking brake wire you need to ground.

the speed sensor wire needs to be plugged into your speed sense wire or your gps will be all ****ed up, which is usually a pink wire i believe in the passenger kick panel, double check that. and use a T-Tap for the because that wire is sensitive.

the reverse sensor you can tap into your reverse light wire..just splice into the reverse light wire and run that directly to your unit

azbass
09-15-2008, 11:24 PM
do you have a dmm?

parking break just ground

the reverse wire is probably down by your shifter, I think its green IIRC. should show pos+ when engaged in reverse. and its in the steering column.

the speed sensor is behind the gauge cluster.

if anybody can get you a directwire look up for your tuck that works great.

Supergumby5000
09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
parking brake sensor is easy enough apparently lol.

I do have a DMM. I'll have to try and find some info on the placement of the speed sensor wire and reverse wire...