PDA

View Full Version : 800/880PRS question

mackin
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
After having my 800PRS installed for less than a day, naturally i decided to start messing around with settings.

Somehow, I screwed something up so now i can not use the menu by pressing the right knob. i get to the menu by pressing the right knob, but when i try to scroll up or down nothing happens. The only thing i can do is click the first thing it is sitting on

Any help or suggestions?

thanks

tcguy85
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
After having my 800PRS installed for less than a day, naturally i decided to start messing around with settings.

Somehow, I screwed something up so now i can not use the menu by pressing the right knob. i get to the menu by pressing the right knob, but when i try to scroll up or down nothing happens. The only thing i can do is click the first thing it is sitting on

Any help or suggestions?

thanks

in the main menu, the one you can only get to when the unit is off, try turning "ever scroll" back on. i am guessing thats what that feature is. i have never turned it off to see but just a guess.

mackin
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
in the main menu, the one you can only get to when the unit is off, try turning "ever scroll" back on. i am guessing thats what that feature is. i have never turned it off to see but just a guess.

ok im gonna go try it.

by the way, right before i started having issues, i tried clicking the right knob and it said Demo mode on or some BS. i clicked it again and it went away. could that have anything to do with it? i wouldn't think so b/c i turned it on and off etc..

AndyInOC
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
actually everscroll is just for the text display (track info, etc) im sure its a simple setting that got switched by accident keep playing in the menus

tcguy85
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
sorry my answer didn't help ya.

how do ya like the OEM and Seas neo combo BTW?

mackin
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
so yeah it turns out i'm a complete ******* *******

I was trying to angle the knob upward in order to scroll, when you just have to twist. i'm going to go kill myself now. /thread

zack39648
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
LoL

tcguy85
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM

I was trying to angle the knob upward in order to scroll, when you just have to twist. i'm going to go kill myself now. /thread

glad you figured it out. :D

quakerroatmeal
09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Just got mines installed to, you need to turn Demo off also if you haven't already. I love mines, very **** unit's, no ground whine noise issues what so ever! How about yours?

tcguy85
09-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Just got mines installed to, you need to turn Demo off also if you haven't already. I love mines, very **** unit's, no ground whine noise issues what so ever! How about yours?

no ground noise or whine on mine. i have been very happy with mine! :D:D

mlstrass
09-15-2008, 01:12 PM

was just going to say that you TURN the knob to scroll through audio, entertainment, function...

We all have those days...:laugh:

mlstrass
09-15-2008, 01:16 PM
mine now has ground noise problems after a year or so of working fine :verymad:
NOTHING has been unplugged from the HU that entire time and they still F'd up...

Plan to ground the RCA's when I get time and see if that helps.

na_rsx
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
mine now has ground noise problems after a year or so of working fine :verymad:
NOTHING has been unplugged from the HU that entire time and they still F'd up...

Plan to ground the RCA's when I get time and see if that helps.

That should work, when i got the 780MP, had the horrible whine, did that rca ground trick and now its completely gone. Only get a slight whine, and i mean slight, need to have the volume off to actually notice it, and thats when i turn on the AC.

But other than that, it works like a charm.