PDA

View Full Version : Should I Upgrade Components, or Add Midbass Driver

james33440
06-28-2003, 02:26 PM
I want some more midbass. I don't know if I want to keep my Kicker Resolution components or not. I am even interested in putting the comps that I have or upgrade to new ones and put those in some kickpanels and get some midbass drivers for the doors and another amp. Should I keep my resolutions and add some midbass drivers? Or, should I just get new components? How does CDT Audio CL-61a (on sale at thezeb.com) perform? Here are some more components that I was thinking about: Crystal CSc60s, Image Dynamics CXS6, MB Quart PSD213, or Diamond Audio HEX series. If I keep my Resolutions, what are some great midbass drivers to use and with what amp or what rms watts?

zephyr
07-04-2003, 04:14 AM
i doubt that cdt has a better midbass response than the resolution. i just switched from mbquart to cdt and the quarts are louder for midbass. i will have a peerless midbass set installed in the doors, it's on its way :). i've heard a lot of good things about this set.
i've heard the rmb8 set and like it but i dont want to make a hole in my door so decided to stay with 6.5. rmb6 might sound just as good and it matches nicely with your resolution.

crhye250r
07-09-2003, 11:09 PM
The 8" Kicker midbass driver is very very nice. I love the sound of them. I would check them out..

lombardo
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
i've heard the adire koda 6.1's are very promising mid bass drivers www.adireaudio.com