PDA

View Full Version : Need help wth a box design for 2 ed 13ov.2's

scooter2479
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
So bought 2 ed 13ov.2's off headbussaboi (thanks bro) and i'm looking to build a box for them.

Now they will be going into a 2000 chevy blazer. Looking for a box design that will be tuned so they hit hard. I've got 37 inches across for the box to fix.

Now comes the tricky part. I don't have any tools to do this but I'm thinking if I can get the dimensions of everything, I can just go to home depot and have them make all the cuts and I can borrow a jig from someone for the sub openings.

Does this sound crazy? lol Worth a shot. Ideas? Don't flame me thou, lol.

Thanks for the help in advance.

808BMW
09-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Home depot cuts are only garaunteed to within 1" or 1/2" or something like that. Unless your hooking up the guy with some cash or he is a friend, I wouldn't trust the gorilla at HD to double-check his measurements, and even if he did, their big rip saws aren't really calibrated all that tight.

scooter2479
09-11-2008, 12:29 AM
yeah i was afraid of something like that.

scooter2479
09-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Well if I could still get some ideas on a box design and specs, I could prob get a friend to do the cuts.

Freelander
09-11-2008, 08:08 AM
actually it depends on the store. The store near me I used to work at and they get the rip saw calibrated at least once a month, more if they get a complaint on the cuts. I know everyone that works there so if I'm being lazy and don't want to drag the table saw out I'll have one of the guys I know cut it for me. The last box they cut for me he spent an hour double checking every cut. Only 2 cuts were off enough to tell and it wasn't even off by 1/8.

Get to know the lumber guy, slip him a few bucks and they will treat you right.

DidUHearThat?
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Check the ED website. They have a section with a nice calculator that will give you different shapes and sizes based on your input.

They will also build it for you if you want. Or just go buy a cheap jig saw and do it all your self.