PDA

View Full Version : help figuring out a enclosure

nismboy6986
06-26-2003, 10:33 PM
i want to make a slot ported enclosure that is 2 cube tuned to 33 hz. I'm going to tell to tell you what i think i should do to go about designing it and want somebody to tell me whats right and whats wrong.
1. figure out the length and with of the port that i need for 2 cubes and 33hz with WinISD
2. figure out the volume of each "wall" of the port by multiplying LxWxD of each wall and divide it by 1728
3. add the volume for of the walls up and add that to the 2 cubes to figure out the theoretical volume
4. use that to make the enclosure and remember to compensate for the walls of the enclosure

mgaidica
06-27-2003, 04:22 PM
i dunno what all that is above, but heres what i say..

figure out ur dimensions for a 2 cubic foot box.. lets say inner dimensions are 15x15x15 (1.95 cu ft). Depending on ur driver, your port will be a bit different. But port is not counted in the 2 cu ft, so u have to compensate for that. lets say u get a port of 15x3x10 out of winisd then u add 3" to the one side giving u 18" but 3" of that is port.. Hard to explain.. but i usually just sit there and spend time narrowing port volume vs enclosure volume down until they match.. if u need further help let me know..

Trixter
06-28-2003, 12:51 PM
It sounds like you just want to figure out the volume of the port's walls. I have always done the entire port volume (walls and air space inside of port.) I believe that this is the correct way.

Nismboy, just measure the external L x W x H of the port to get it's volume and subtract it from the box to get the box's volume.

Mgaidica, I'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

mgaidica
06-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Trixter
It sounds like you just want to figure out the volume of the port's walls. I have always done the entire port volume (walls and air space inside of port.) I believe that this is the correct way.

Nismboy, just measure the external L x W x H of the port to get it's volume and subtract it from the box to get the box's volume.

Mgaidica, I'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

yeh, i think it was late, it makes sense, but proaly not to a lot of people.. well yeh, u got the concept..

nismboy6986
06-28-2003, 10:29 PM
exactly trixter. but would int be Lxwxh /1728 like u would use to find the volume of the enclosure. Are u sure the volume inside the port isn't counted as enclosure volume??

MikeofTulsa
06-28-2003, 11:17 PM
exactly....port voulme isnt counted as enclosure voulme