PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Background Pictures????

perfection
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I've seen this question asked before, but never a definitive answer.

The manual is very poorly written and does not give any detail about how to get the background pictures to work.

You can set the background picture to be connected to you video input, but then what type of input will work to supply the picture/video?? I have seen where someone got it to work using a Zune media player, but I'm not about to go waste over $100 just for a background picture.

Can anyone offer suggestions and/or their experiences in getting a background picture to work with the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD??

Thanks a million.

perfection
09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Come on!!! I know some of you have this unit and can share your knowledge.

perfection
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
WTF? Come on, simple answer, please help.

perfection
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Cheesemind,

Thanks for the insight. I have also read that as well, but have tried adding a jpg image to my usb, properly setting the video input settings, and still no luck.

I think the external device that connects to the unit needs to have a TV output setting, but I am not sure of this and need some clarification.

There are what, 10,000 members on this forum, right??? I know someone has to have had some luck doing this and can share. Anyone else???

WillyG4444
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Instead of complaining try researching some other sites and searching for some things. Here's a link that explains it.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14157&sid=eb61b400db2ac54297cdb8812083c522

The comment you made about the Zune was correct. You will need some sort of dedicated device (Ipod, Zune)

perfection
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I've been on there and about 10 other sites researching this topic jackass, but thanks anyways for the link, and for calling me a complainer when I was merely asking a question like all of the other members from time to time.

Now have a good day.

alxmlr789
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Wow.

Some nerve this guy has. Quit your bitchin. Or get out of here. We don't need an attitude like yours around here.

perfection
09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow.

Some nerve this guy has. Quit your bitchin. Or get out of here. We don't need an attitude like yours around here.

Exactly, all I did was ask for a little help and thought it would only require a simple answer. If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

alxmlr789
09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Exactly, all I did was ask for a little help and thought it would only require a simple answer. If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Honestly, not to many people have that unit, I can only think of two people on here.

I installed a 4000 for a member on here, and asked him actually two days ago if background pictures could even be loaded to it, and he said no.

You may be out of luck.

perfection
09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Well thanks again, I really DO appreciate it. I am going to tinker around with it a little more, and if I can figure out a relatively inexpensive solution, I will post it to help out anyone else who may have this unit.

AAAAAAA
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I have a question, on that model, can you have subfolders, like when navigating on USB can you have genre\artist\album\songs?
Or do they all appear as ony long flat folder list of all the folders that contain valid media?

perfection
09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I have a question, on that model, can you have subfolders, like when navigating on USB can you have genre\artist\album\songs?
Or do they all appear as ony long flat folder list of all the folders that contain valid media?

I have found that you can accomplish this by formatting it on your computer before copying to a USB hard drive. Just create a folder with the songs you want (on your computer), title that folder, and copy the entire folder onto the hard drive. I believe that eliminates the huge list on the display.

AAAAAAA
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I am asking about folders, not files. If you could answer the question that would be great as this info is always hard to find.

Can you have folder\subfolder\songs
Or is it that no mater how you save it on the USB device that you only get folder\song?

perfection
09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
To clarify, I meant that if you create a folder on your computer, before transferring to your USB device, and then transfer the folder and its contents (songs), then the folders will be displayed on the HU.

Also, I spent a while last night attempting to get an image I uploaded onto a USB drive to display as the background image on this unit, and def confirmed that a basic USB device does not suffice.

**So does anyone out there know if you must have a media player with a tv output to get it to work?? Thanks.

AAAAAAA
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
So it does support subfolders is what you are saying? It's not all that clear heh.

perfection
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
anyone know about the background pics yet?

perfection
09-26-2008, 04:11 PM
bump

AAAAAAA
09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I just want to mention how ironic it is how you complain and ***** to people here about them not answering you and you turn around and can't answer strait up for someone else. heh.

In any case it will do subfolders and it will do multiple layers of subfolders.

Good luck with your background.

perfection
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I just want to mention how ironic it is how you complain and ***** to people here about them not answering you and you turn around and can't answer strait up for someone else. heh.

In any case it will do subfolders and it will do multiple layers of subfolders.

Good luck with your background.

I did answer your questions, not once, but twice. The second time I clarified how you do it from your computer so that it will show up on the head unit. Please READ again, and READ where I answered twice. I have tried to help, gladly.

Like you, I am assuming that there are thousands out there asking themselves the same question. I still have yet to figure mine out, but I DID answer yours, and I'm glad you figured it out, but no need be rude to me when all I did was offer answers to you.

Korn4Life
09-30-2008, 04:20 PM
There are 61,500+ members on here. Cant even look that up right can ya???

perfection
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
There are 61,500+ members on here. Cant even look that up right can ya???

What does there being 60,000+ members have to do with me writing "I am assuming that there are thousands out there asking themselves the same question."??? And asking for an answer??

You are a "veteran" who has obviously been on for a while, while I have been on for maybe a month, seeking an answer to one question. So, veteran jackass, why can you not offer a little help as opposed to being rude?

UNDERGROUND_BUM
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
lol. i would like to find this out to. im pretty sure its not possible............. but would love it if someone could prove me wrong ; )

alxmlr789
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I think this thread should be locked up. IMO.

Perfection, you are seeking an answer that no one seems to know. I can only name two people with that unit on here.

The ONLY way to get a background picture on your 4000, is setting the background to AV, and hooking up a video source to the AV input, and leaving it. Such as an EXTRA ipod, setting it to AV out, and leaving a picture up on it. It will show up as your back ground.

Search Avic411.com they can answer questions for you.

perfection
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks again for the responses. If anyone discovers a new way, fill us in. If not, thanks for trying. If I happen to find out how, I'll share it for sure.

perfection
11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
bump