View Full Version : Newb question

09-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I have a Dodge Magnum, everything stock (audio)

I'm about to put a system in my car, and I was wondering what I need to do to hook up amps in my car while using the stock head-unit? Do I need some sort of an adapter or anything?

09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
LOC = lineout converter. Or you could use the fancier JL audio cleansweep, RF 3sixy

09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Nice, thanks bro.

09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Back in the day, that's what I did. Just solder the connections to one of your rear speakers. (Correctly of course) As for the remote line, run it to your fuse box. (The one in your passenger area, not under the hood) Strip the wire and insert with with the lowest amperage fuse you can find. Side note: Make sure whatever fuse you use is part of a circuit that turns off with your car. (Kind of defeats the purpose of a remote wire if if the amp doesn't turn off with the car.)