PDA

View Full Version : HU for 2004 Nissan Sentra?

c_hayhurst
09-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I am looking for a CD head unit to fit in my 2004 Nissan Sentra with the following specs:

4-8V+ preamp output voltage
2+ Preamp outputs
Front Auxillary input
CD player
1 DIN
Front USB input

Price is not a concern.

Suggestions?

qkassidyw
09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I am looking for a CD head unit to fit in my 2004 Nissan Sentra with the following specs:

4-8V+ preamp output voltage
2+ Preamp outputs
Front Auxillary input
CD player
1 DIN
Front USB input

Price is not a concern.

Suggestions?

With that high of Pr eouts you will probably be looking at a Kenwood Excelon, Eclipse, or Pioneer Premier. Kenwood is the only one I know of to have the FRONT USB but Pioneer I know has the rear USB with an extension cable.

For ease of use, reliability, and SQ I would go with a Pioneer Premier.

mikey7182
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
There are a lot of brands with >4V preouts. Alpine, JVC, Pioneer. Most brands offer at least some headunits with higher voltage preouts. You could always buy a line driver as well, but that's not necessary probably for what you're wanting to do. The Pioneer lineup is pretty good. If you want the front USB, check out the Kenwoods and possibly JVC- I think they make one.

c_hayhurst
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, I have realized I don't want a USB connection after all- just a front Aux input. Still need 4V+ Pre-outs.

Still looking, but can't seem to find anything.

Anyone have any suggestionsn off the top of your heads?

I'm getting a new Infinity 1211a Reference amp and it will be running 1300W+ RMS for my two 12" subs and I want to get the most out of them.

I have a Sony Xplode head unit now, and it works fine. I just freaking HATE the user interface.

joshualittle
11-29-2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12030_Eclipse+CD7200+mk+II.html. Unfortunetally they are out of stock. But this is the same head unit that I'm getting. It has 3 set of 8 volt outs. They have it at techronics.com for the same price and I believe it's in stock.

joshualittle
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=8884. Here's the same cd player and it's in stock. I've bought from techronics.com before. They have excellant customer service and the product I bought got here within 2 days of ordering it. It has 3 sets of 8 volt outputs.