PDA

View Full Version : Will this enclosure work?

carco_dr
09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I am thinking about getting two kicker cvr 10" subs to put under my rear bench seat in my 02' silverado ext. cab. Will this enclosure work or should I look for different subs?

http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_prod/gmc_gmx190.html

giants25al
09-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I believe it could work, I believe CVR's like boxes a littler bigger than what your giving them but I would think. For the price you can get CVR's on ebay probalby <$125 for both subs give them a shot if you don't like it find something else. I dunno how everyone feels about Infinity Perfects but they do well in small sealed enclosures and are very clean sounding and don't require much power http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-PERFECT-10-1-10-1400-WATT-CAR-SUBWOOFER-SUB_W0QQitemZ220276627474QQihZ012QQcategoryZ18805Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. I'm sure there's alot more options out there also. Just giving you something i've had some experience with

giants25al
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Also don't feel like you have to pick a pre fab box if you don't want to. A buddy of mine in Florida had a 02-03 ish F-250 ext cab and he had a box built for 4 12" Memphis subs on a Memphis Mojo amp and just sat his seat right on top of the box (speakers fired forward). Raised his seat up couple inches but you could still sit in the back and the box only stuck out like 1-2". It was a pretty sick setup and very clean.

carco_dr
09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
So, when a box is built rather than pre-fab, is it built to the specs of the subwoofer or just to the specs under the seat? I have a RF 501bd (500watts x 1 @ 2 ohms) that I would like to use but if I need a bigger amp, I am also okay with that too. Besides those Infinity subs, are there any other recommendations?

Front Doors: MB Quart RCE-216 Components
RF P450.4

Rear Doors: Stock

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

giants25al
09-06-2008, 02:45 AM
The box should be built to both. The shop (i'm assuming your having a shop do the work) or yourself could measure to see how much cubic feet you have available to use and then go from there. The speaker option I gave you was pretty much for that pre fab box you pointed out if you went that direction. If you had a box built by a shop i'm sure they could if they know what there doing build a box bigger than that prefab without giving up your seats. If they can squeeze another cu ft out of the area you have your lookin at around 3cuft which would broaden your selection a good amount. There are many 10's that would do quite well in 1.5ft^3 each speaker. Fi SSD 10" according to the sight do good in 1cuft. From what I hear (no experience) everything Fi makes is great. You would need probably 1000wrms to run 2 10's. I just think with that prefab box your options are going to be limited. If you have a good shop build a box that would give you another cuft or so to play with then your options would increase alot.

giants25al
09-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Also a good shop "should" build a box that is put together much better and stronger than most prefab boxes

carco_dr
09-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Cool...I understand. So, are there any other subs that I might want to consider? And I am going to assume that the amp I have is too small, so what choices would be good?
Thanks

giants25al
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
It all depends on what your after. If your looking for something simple that don't cost alot of money or something more detailed where money isn't a huge issue. First you need to decide what your goals are. Are you looking for something that sounds real nice and clean without getting extremely loud, or are you wanting something that gets real loud that might be a little uncomfortable to listen to all day everyday. That RF amp you have is a nice little amp that could move 2 10" subs quite well. those infinity perfects are real nice subs and pretty cheap. They would match up with that amp nicely and would get plenty loud and still be very clean. You woudln't be dissapointed. Personally Infinity Perfect>>Kicker Cvr in overall performance

If you want to get into more money and go with bigger amps and a bigger box there are tons and tons of options for you. I can't do all your research but heres a couple places to start
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
www.ficaraudio.com
www.audioque.com
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/
image dynamics
Then there's all your basic companies, JL, kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine etc

My personal choice would be 2 Fi SSD 10" off a 1000w rms amp each speaker 1ft^3 after displacement.

carco_dr
09-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate your insight and knowledge.