PDA

View Full Version : bl 15 box

branham1127
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
ok, so i love bass but i havent been around car audio that long so i still dont know anything about figuring out box size and tuning.. i just bought two 15" bls with flatwind coil, p chamfer & cooling on here along with a pair of saz 1500Ds to power them. my question is, what size of box and what tuning would be ideal for a daily box with this setup?(pound as hard as possible but sound good doing it). 90% of the music i listen 2 is country but i listen 2 some rap as well.. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

mlstrass
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
What vehicle? And FI's site has box recommendations or search on here as there's countless box builds for BL's...

branham1127
09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
the truck is an 03 silverado ext cab but ive modified where the back seat used 2 be so its just a flat spot, i know as far as placement from experimenting that subs up port to the drivers side sounds best in my truck..

but i go to fi's site and it shows me everything for the ssd, q, and btl but when i click on bl its juts blank like its under construction.(their site is the first place i tried lookign) ive searched around on here and ssa forums and the results are too varied.. anywhere from 2.5-4.5 cu ft each and anywhere from 27hz to 38 hz so i was hoping some1 could give me a better answer

Bmoorman05
09-05-2008, 06:59 PM
downfire your subs you will be very happy you did. 8-12" off the floor