PDA

View Full Version : How to run a small time competition

williambrea
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
When i get my termab i am going to be running a small car audio club at my high school. Does anybody have any basic rules of doing a comp. Would probably be DB Drag, Or Bass Race. I understand bass race but DB drag is more picky, The car the the most woofers is two 15's

Numbers of amps dosent matter this is just for fun i basically just need a sstem to divide amounts of woofers.

SUV/Truck

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

Trunk Cars

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

How does this sound fairness wise, i dont want to put SUVS and Trunk cars in the same class. Any opinions help
Thanks!!

Ed Lester
09-05-2008, 09:11 AM
When i get my termab i am going to be running a small car audio club at my high school. Does anybody have any basic rules of doing a comp. Would probably be DB Drag, Or Bass Race. I understand bass race but DB drag is more picky, The car the the most woofers is two 15's

Numbers of amps dosent matter this is just for fun i basically just need a sstem to divide amounts of woofers.

SUV/Truck

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

Trunk Cars

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

How does this sound fairness wise, i dont want to put SUVS and Trunk cars in the same class. Any opinions help
Thanks!!

I think you have a good plan here.
If you do a sanctioned dB Drag show, then you need to offer standard classes.
But if it is unsanctioned and you do it yourself, you can structure classes however you want.
Look into MECA rules, they will be more suited for what you want to do.

Also, I think you should offer higher woofer classes incase somebody wants to compete that does have 3, 4, or more subs and in case somebody gets bitten by the bug and wants to keep adding woofers.

I think you should also have a street, modified, and extreme type classes to seperate someone with a box in the rear from someone with a wall.

Also, limit amps or power in the street classes so somebody with 750w doesnt have to go against someone with 5,000w.

Ed Lester
09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
you also need a place for hatch back cars to play.

definitely look at MECA rules and classes.

craigzter
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree with Ed, sounds like a good plan but as he has stated do look into the meca rules that will help out a little more!!

Goodluck:thumbsup:

williambrea
09-05-2008, 11:30 PM
ok thanks guys!

Innovative:Cory
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
you could also dial the following number....615-851-7428 and talk to Steve Stern. He is the commissioner of MECA... if you hold a 1x event you can do it yourself and keep most of the money. He has trophy packages that are very affordable, hell you can even use medals. You will charge something like $20 a score sheet and you will pay a set fee per score sheet back to MECA... it is really affordable if you make it that way... the more you spend on trophies, promoting, etc the more cars you would need to show up... just a thought...

tell him Cory Bradley told you to call

yanks fan
09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Where in VA are you looking to have the event?

lilmaniac2
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Where in va you located, I've hosted a couple of shows in VA with little success :(

djman37
contact Wayne Harris and host a 1x dbDrag show.

If you choose to do unsanctioned, be sure your classes and rules terminology are different enough from existing orgs, USACi, dbDrag, MECA, and others. I know USACi will come after you for the term outlaw, port wars, etc.

audioatg
Slap Show rules.....has a place for hatch back's and extended cab trucks. Have always thought it is the easiest rules to use for small time comps....I have used them my self too to run shows with.

allout13
09-06-2008, 12:45 PM

SUV/Truck

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

Trunk Cars

A class

two 10's or one 12

B Class

two 12's or one 15

C class

two 15's or one 18

Thanks!!

what about people with more than 2 woofers?

williambrea
09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I would be doing shows in Roanoke Va, there arent many shows around here. Like two a year or more.

As for people with more than two woofers, well that dosent exist here..

lilmaniac2
09-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I hosted one in nearby Christiansburg with not much interest, it was put on by Shelor Motor Mile.

lilmaniac2
09-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I would be doing shows in Roanoke Va, there arent many shows around here. Like two a year or more.

As for people with more than two woofers, well that dosent exist here..

and it does too exist there, I know of quite a few setups like that around there including a green truck with 6 12s :)

williambrea
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
yea Shelor motor mile is probably the dumbest car dealership i know of. If you hear their radio commercials they only look for inbreed F-150 LUVIN AMERRRICCUUNNS

skittlesRgood
09-07-2008, 07:11 PM
its a HS event. im sure he wont have any walls. just open it up so that class B can have 4 10s, C can have 4 12s, ect.

Louisiana_CRX
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
do something different and offer 4 classes......based on sub size....don't even worry about amp power or number of subs...make it fun :)
an 8" and under class
A 11" and Under class (solo 8's)( also covers excelon 11's)
A 13" and under class (solo 10's) (also covers JL 13's and Excelon 13's)
A 21" and under class (solo 15's and 18's)
Then Highest SPL of the day maybe one truck/SUV and car/wagon trunk.....

I think something like this would be fun for a first show...Have some suggestion cards printed up (cheap at office depot post card size) And get comments on peoples likes or dislikes and any changes recomended...read all these after the show...and put a plan together for the next show.....make sure suggestions or left anonymous...so it will be fair putting together the next event.....I hope you like some of these ideas :)

lilmaniac2
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
its a HS event. im sure he wont have any walls. just open it up so that class B can have 4 10s, C can have 4 12s, ect.

I ran a show in the noake once and had 3-4 cars with "walls" in them...

williambrea
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
thanks louisiana, and if there are people with walls in roanoke, Why havent i heard them!!! haha maybe its the old lady down the street?

defj
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
http://tnespl.shanduri.info/?page_ID=2
check out these rules,they are pretty simple.its a young northeastern organization that is looking for people to host shows,if you are not comfortable doing it yourself,you can pay a judge(such as myself)to come host it for you.the sanctioning fee is very affordable,and there are no hidden fees like score sheets or something silly like that.If you are interested let me know and i can give you some pointers in hosting a TNE event.

audioatg
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I secound Slapshow rules. Goes by surface area. Stock class to super stock classes.

Ed Lester
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

I had a wall in High School.

Why not leave it open just in case someone wants to do a wall?

snoopdan
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
tell him Cory Bradley told you to call

shamless self promotion :p::D