PDA

View Full Version : Alarm relays

joshpoints
06-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Okay I bought the cs-2015fm crimestopper alarm system. I need some relay for a few accessories including a trunk relay domelight relay and possibly a horn relay. Crimestopper only has one type of relay. My question is are all relays the same or do I have to buy a crimestopper relay? Please see the one below. The crimestopper has specific #'s on each prong but the one below probably doesn't have the same numbers. I bought the unit online and I can't find anyone online that sells the relay made by crimestopper. Your knowledge and help is appreciated. Thanks.

PRE-WIRED RELAY SOCKET
W/ BOSCH KIT1

Regular price: $20.00
Sale price: $9.95
http://store2.yimg.com/I/millionbuy_1742_9791835

joshpoints
06-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by joshpoints
Okay I bought the cs-2015fm crimestopper alarm system. I need some relay for a few accessories including a trunk relay domelight relay and possibly a horn relay. Crimestopper only has one type of relay. My question is are all relays the same or do I have to buy a crimestopper relay? Please see the one below. The crimestopper has specific #'s on each prong but the one below probably doesn't have the same numbers. I bought the unit online and I can't find anyone online that sells the relay made by crimestopper. Your knowledge and help is appreciated. Thanks.

PRE-WIRED RELAY SOCKET
W/ BOSCH KIT1

Regular price: $20.00
Sale price: $9.95
http://store2.yimg.com/I/millionbuy_1742_9791835

You can use any kind of relay. They are made by different companies but function the same way.

Gauntlet
06-24-2003, 04:58 PM
So why did you ask the question?

joshpoints
06-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gauntlet
So why did you ask the question?

I asked the question because I didn't know. I waited but got no response and then I called a tech line that answered the question. I posted the answer in case someone has the same question.

eengrms
06-25-2003, 04:01 PM
That's what we need more of on here. People who answer their own questions!!

:D :D