PDA

View Full Version : 590xv to 5900. I cant get the transmitter to communicate

krisfnbz
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
guys all of the harnesses for the viper 590xv connect to the 5900 perfectly, and the 5900 unit is functional because the alarm kept going off, but I cant get the transmitter to communicate with the brain. I tried holding the button on the back for like 5 seconds or whatever, and holding all 4 of the front buttons...

What the hell do i need to do to get this to work?

krisfnbz
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
ttt....can someone help? Id like to get this done tonight if possible.

qkassidyw
09-02-2008, 03:07 AM
you need ot add the remote to the system....

Open a door, turn the key on, turn the key off, press the valet button once (this will put it into valet mode to disable the alarm for now.)

Now, keep the door open, turn the key to ignition press the valet button once then again and HOLD it on the second press, wait for it to beep at you once and then push the lock button on the remote and voila!

EDIT: Someone please verify that i didn't get these backwords...Im pretty sure the valet sequence is on/off press

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
you need ot add the remote to the system....

Open a door, turn the key on, turn the key off, press the valet button once (this will put it into valet mode to disable the alarm for now.)

Now, keep the door open, turn the key to ignition press the valet button once then again and HOLD it on the second press, wait for it to beep at you once and then push the lock button on the remote and voila!

EDIT: Someone please verify that i didn't get these backwords...Im pretty sure the valet sequence is on/off press

Is their a certain reason why I have to have my door open? I ask this because when my friend installed my alarm, we never got around to making the alarm go off when the door was opened.(We just never got time to finish it) So the alarm would only go off when closing the door(if it was armed) and loud noises and any impact to the car. I would like to wire the grounds on the door to set off the alarm as well.

qkassidyw
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Is their a certain reason why I have to have my door open? I ask this because when my friend installed my alarm, we never got around to making the alarm go off when the door was opened.(We just never got time to finish it) So the alarm would only go off when closing the door(if it was armed) and loud noises and any impact to the car. I would like to wire the grounds on the door to set off the alarm as well.

Crap...you need the door trigger wire hooked up to be able to program any features on the alarm...or add a remote to the system.

If you can access the brain and ground out the green wire coming off of the main harness then that will make the alarm think the door is open. (You could also put +12 V to the purple wire, but only do one or the other and grounding the green wire is easiest)

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Crap...you need the door trigger wire hooked up to be able to program any features on the alarm...or add a remote to the system.

If you can access the brain and ground out the green wire coming off of the main harness then that will make the alarm think the door is open. (You could also put +12 V to the purple wire, but only do one or the other and grounding the green wire is easiest)

Okay I can ground the green wire on the main harness(im guessing its the biggest one that has the thickest wires)...

But what do I need to do so that I can hook up the door trigger for the alarm? Id like to get that done as well.

qkassidyw
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Okay I can ground the green wire on the main harness(im guessing its the biggest one that has the thickest wires)...

But what do I need to do so that I can hook up the door trigger for the alarm? Id like to get that done as well.

NO NO NO! Don't do the really thick green wire...that would be one of the starter wires.

The main harness is on the bigger of the two boxes... there will be a red,yellow,orange,black,green,blue,purple,black/white, red/white, white, white/blue

The wires will be about 18 gauge, ground out the small green wire in this harness (also you will know it is the right one because you can actually remove the plug from the brain)

The other box has Red,red, red/white, orange, pink, pink/white, green/purple...these will be pretty thick wires and are the Remote start/main ignition harness wires. Don't touch these.

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 03:35 PM
NO NO NO! Don't do the really thick green wire...that would be one of the starter wires.

The main harness is on the bigger of the two boxes... there will be a red,yellow,orange,black,green,blue,purple,black/white, red/white, white, white/blue

The wires will be about 18 gauge, ground out the small green wire in this harness (also you will know it is the right one because you can actually remove the plug from the brain)

The other box has Red,red, red/white, orange, pink, pink/white, green/purple...these will be pretty thick wires and are the Remote start/main ignition harness wires. Don't touch these.

Okay. I emailed a rep from viper last night and he gave me the PDF file for installation of the 5900, and he told me that the Viper 590XV antenna does not work with the SSt Viper 5900.

"The 590XV and 5900 SST antennas are completely different and cannot be swapped. You need a 6701 SST receiver (antenna) for the 5900 SST before it will function correctly."

So apparently I need to buy this new antenna that looks exactly like the one I have now, but is just completely different.

Is the process in wiring up the door trigger difficult? I assure its in the manual somewhere he just gave me but if you could still explain that would be awesome.

Thanks

hemi=22s
09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Okay. I emailed a rep from viper last night and he gave me the PDF file for installation of the 5900, and he told me that the Viper 590XV antenna does not work with the SSt Viper 5900.

"The 590XV and 5900 SST antennas are completely different and cannot be swapped. You need a 6701 SST receiver (antenna) for the 5900 SST before it will function correctly."

So apparently I need to buy this new antenna that looks exactly like the one I have now, but is just completely different.

Is the process in wiring up the door trigger difficult? I assure its in the manual somewhere he just gave me but if you could still explain that would be awesome.

Thanks

door trigger is easy to wire up
what year make model is ur car so i can determine if it have + or - switched entry system

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
92 civic DX model so no power anything.

hemi=22s
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
92 civic DX model so no power anything.

hook the green wire -negative door trigger on the viper to

Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires

you should be able to follow one of the wires off the door switch

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
hook the green wire -negative door trigger on the viper to

Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires

you should be able to follow one of the wires off the door switch

"Green/Red (-) located in Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires
"

Where is this?

qkassidyw
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Its going to be a light green/red wire in the drivers kick or under the running board or directly at the pin switch.

negativezeroz
09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I went from a 3.5RSX Matrix to the 50.5X (same harness..)

I had to swap brains, remotes, AND antenna. Works like a charm and has for over a year.

krisfnbz
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
cool

IamMurph
09-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I told you in the begining that the 590 and 5900 use different remotes and a different antenna.

krisfnbz
09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I told you in the begining that the 590 and 5900 use different remotes and a different antenna.

and you were absolutely right. Do you know where I can find this antenna to buy it?

negativezeroz
09-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Try a local dealer. That's where I got my shat. If they are cool, they'll just be able to order certain pieces. The antenna was a tad expensive back in the day when I got mine (well I bought the entire unit because of price I found) but still. Since you need a remote and antenna, try local dealers. See what they say.

krisfnbz
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Try a local dealer. That's where I got my shat. If they are cool, they'll just be able to order certain pieces. The antenna was a tad expensive back in the day when I got mine (well I bought the entire unit because of price I found) but still. Since you need a remote and antenna, try local dealers. See what they say.

I have the remote, I just need the antenna. I used to work for an authorized retailer and know that I was able to order separate parts, but I just called them and they said they couldn't. I just called 10 other places around me and they all couldn't.

WTF can I find this cable

Fiercetimbo17
09-08-2008, 04:13 AM
didnt read but its the antenna, it is different

krisfnbz
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
yeah im trying to find a place to buy one

krisfnbz
10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
I ordered one and installing today! took over a month to get in.

krisfnbz
10-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Okay well I tried to bypass the door trigger with the green wire directly to the batteru(best ground), and I installed the new antenna with the new cord that came with it replacing the old 590xv one, and I just cant get the transmitter to communicate with the brain. The brain pretty much wont stop going off, I got so annoyed at it that I disabled my sirens so I wouldnt have to deal with the sirens, I just know they are still going off because the brain is clicking over and over.

krisfnbz
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I think I may have used the wrong green wire, Im just going to use the light green wire with red strip located in the a pillar on the drivers side, I read thats the main dome light trigger which is what im looking for...i hope.

krisfnbz
10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Okay so I first used the wrong green wire like a *******, soldered that wire back right, then found the correct light green/red stripe wire in the a pillar and used that and finally got the remote to communicate with the brain.....very nice.