PDA

View Full Version : Plexi glass Help

mercdes booming
06-23-2003, 08:27 PM
i was wondering how to get plexi glass to attach to wood. like im cutting a jl audio sysmbol out of plexi glass and was wondering on how to get it to fit into the wood and make it stay there. could u help me out.

mgaidica
06-24-2003, 02:09 PM
well my first guess would be screws.. you can use an apoxy but if ur plexi is clear and u dont apply it just right, it could turn out looking crappy. is it colored plexi, or no?

evo2k3
06-24-2003, 02:19 PM
if it doesn't need to be flush, just screw it on like wood....if you want to make it flush i would recomend making it fit very snug and then usuing flat steel (aluminum would work too) and making molding that goes on the inside and outside, then put it in place with the molding a LOTS of cauke in between, screw it all down and let it dry (hint: use a lot of screws, unlike the rest of the box, the screws are doing most of the holding in there)....though I have no tried it, if you were carefull, you could use liquide nails instead of silicon which would make it much stronger, but you would have to keep that out of sight.