PDA

View Full Version : XBOX LCD Monitor Question

94_civic_guy
06-23-2003, 09:07 PM
I am trying to find a way to hook up my XBOX to a Starvision TM-5600 In-Dash LCD monitor. I have the cable that came w/ the XBOX with the red, white, and yellow rca cables. I need to know how to be able to listen to the dvd's on the XBOX through my car speakers and see the movie on the monitor. Also, I have a portable dvd player with places to connect the 3 XBOX cables. When i tries to put a dvd in the xbox and watch it on the screen of the portable dvd player but it had no color to it, only black and white. Would this mean that the movie I would watch in my car be in black and white, or did i mess up while connecting it.

LBX2G
06-23-2003, 09:19 PM
no, There is only plug theLCD needs which is the yellow (video) plug and the red and the white one would go to the aux of the head unit

94_civic_guy
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
I had thought that the red and white plugs went to the FM Modulator, then the FM Modulator went to the recviever and 12V source. Also, is the Farenheit FMT-3 FM Modulator any good. heres the link to it:

http://www.cmttrading.com/computer/item13349.html

LBX2G
06-23-2003, 11:39 PM
yeah, that is true put the fm modulator does not touch the reciver is goes through the radio. farenheit makes some good products

Woodmister
06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
I know why the pictures black and white! :D You have the screen set to PAL, set it to NTSC and you should be set...

EDIT: Also tell me how that screen looks, Im thinking of getting one (or one like it) myself.

eengrms
06-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LBX2G
yeah, that is true put the fm modulator does not touch the reciver is goes through the radio. farenheit makes some good products

Actually that's not true. The FM Modulator will connect to the antenna wire from the car and then into the antenna input on the HU.

To address the first guy- If you have a portable DVD player, why are you watching DVD's on the X-Box through it, why not just watch them on that?

LBX2G
06-24-2003, 11:01 PM
eengrns u are right that us way it works my fault

94_civic_guy
06-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by eengrms
Actually that's not true. The FM Modulator will connect to the antenna wire from the car and then into the antenna input on the HU.

To address the first guy- If you have a portable DVD player, why are you watching DVD's on the X-Box through it, why not just watch them on that?

I was seeing if the xbox would have a good picture on a lcd monitor.

94_civic_guy
06-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Woodmister
I know why the pictures black and white! :D You have the screen set to PAL, set it to NTSC and you should be set...

EDIT: Also tell me how that screen looks, Im thinking of getting one (or one like it) myself.

I tried switching it from PAL to NTSC, but it didnt work. Is there anything else that you know of that could fix my problem.

94_civic_guy
06-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Also Woodmister, the screen looks really good when I play a dvd in the portable dvd player.