PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Mr Marv
08-31-2008, 06:38 PM
My name is Marv and I'm known as "Mr Marv" on several car audio forums. I'm a custom cabinetmaker by trade and a car audio nut by choice that loves to try new stuff as well as experiment whenever I can. I recently sold my El Camino so I am on the lookout for my next ride to try some new stuff in and in my spare time (what's that :eek:) I build sub enclosures/amp racks/baffles etc for my fellow car audio fanatics and do installs for friends etc as well as a local Custom Car Club. I also have a pretty good size driveway as well as plenty of tools, test gear and an RTA available to those near the Monterey Bay area who need a place to install their gear.

Some of you that also visit DIYMA or ECA may know that over the last 7 or 8 years I have hosted an annual Car Audio BBQ/Meet with participation from all around the country as well as Canada and now included are demo cars from numerous manufacturers (we have some big name sponsors these days ie Second Skin Audio, ARC Audio, Dynaudio, Hybrid Audio Technologies, RAAMaudio, Zapco, Image Dynamics, Sundown Audio, Hertz/Audison, etc etc).

The objective is to have a place for car audio fanatics to meet/share ideas/knowledge etc with those that have like interests, get hands on demos/use of gear from the manufacturers/other participants that you may not have access to normally, gain some knowledge from "mini clinics" provided by some of the best tuners/installers/fabricators/tech advisors/competitors from around the country AND you get to eat some pretty good BBQ if I do say so myslef! :D In the past it has been a "semi-invite" only type of gathering for DIYMA/ECA members however I am now in negotiations with numerous sponsors and it looks like I will be hosting a public show as well as what will be the first annual Mr Marv West Coast Mobile Audio Competition and I'll be sure to post over here for any of you that would like to participate! (we also have some great raffles and gave away nearly 15 grand worth of gear this year alone! :eek:)

I don't have a lot of time these days to participate on the forums as much as I would like but now that I know you guys are here hopefully I'll have time to come hang out from time to time! :)

BTW, here's a couple of threads from the 2007/2008 BBQ/Meet's :)
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15256
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40828

David19
08-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Welcome :)

Pioneer~Saturn
08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
My name is Marv and I'm known as "Mr Marv" on several car audio forums. I'm a custom cabinetmaker by trade and a car audio nut by choice that loves to try new stuff as well as experiment whenever I can. I recently sold my El Camino so I am on the lookout for my next ride to try some new stuff in and in my spare time (what's that :eek:) I build sub enclosures/amp racks/baffles etc for my fellow car audio fanatics and do installs for friends etc as well as a local Custom Car Club. I also have a pretty good size driveway as well as plenty of tools, test gear and an RTA available to those near the Monterey Bay area who need a place to install their gear.

Some of you that also visit DIYMA or ECA may know that over the last 7 or 8 years I have hosted an annual Car Audio BBQ/Meet with participation from all around the country as well as Canada and now included are demo cars from numerous manufacturers (we have some big name sponsors these days ie Second Skin Audio, ARC Audio, Dynaudio, Hybrid Audio Technologies, RAAMaudio, Zapco, Image Dynamics, Sundown Audio, Hertz/Audison, etc etc).

The objective is to have a place for car audio fanatics to meet/share ideas/knowledge etc with those that have like interests, get hands on demos/use of gear from the manufacturers/other participants that you may not have access to normally, gain some knowledge from "mini clinics" provided by some of the best tuners/installers/fabricators/tech advisors/competitors from around the country AND you get to eat some pretty good BBQ if I do say so myslef! :D In the past it has been a "semi-invite" only type of gathering for DIYMA/ECA members however I am now in negotiations with numerous sponsors and it looks like I will be hosting a public show as well as what will be the first annual Mr Marv West Coast Mobile Audio Competition and I'll be sure to post over here for any of you that would like to participate! (we also have some great raffles and gave away nearly 15 grand worth of gear this year alone! :eek:)

I don't have a lot of time these days to participate on the forums as much as I would like but now that I know you guys are here hopefully I'll have time to come hang out from time to time! :)

BTW, here's a couple of threads from the 2007/2008 BBQ/Meet's :)
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15256
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40828

Welcome aboard.

I see that youre a cabinetmaker and Im slowly becoming one :)...woodwork is awesome. Now, I expect some crazy enclosure builds from you, haha

6spdcoupe
09-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Welcome n00b. :D

99grandprixGT
09-01-2008, 12:56 AM
welcome to the site.

mtlhead
09-01-2008, 12:58 AM
I remember you from my ECA days, welcome to hell!

Orion Man
09-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the site bro.

Mr Marv
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! :)
Welcome aboard.

I see that youre a cabinetmaker and Im slowly becoming one :)...woodwork is awesome. Now, I expect some crazy enclosure builds from you, haha

Excellent trade choice IMO! :D I've been doing it for about 20 years now and if you ever need help with anything just let me know! :) Here's a few enclosures etc I have done...
www.MrMarv.com
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/?
and here's the one most seem to remember me by...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/captureD115.jpg

Welcome n00b. :D
Well at least you didn't call me "old man" this time! :D

I remember you from my ECA days, welcome to hell!

:eek: :eek:

boomzilla
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice enclosures man, very fine work you do!

Mr Marv
09-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Nice enclosures man, very fine work you do!

Thanks! :)

Pioneer~Saturn
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Agreed, very nice enclosure :)

crunktimes.com
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
welcome

caligirl2k
09-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the site ;)

denim
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM