PDA

View Full Version : Any World of Warcraft players here? 70 BE Hunter

Virindok
08-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Not sure if this is allowed, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case there are any WoW fans around =D.

I've got a level 70 Blood Elf Hunter on Shadowmoon (PvP) Horde.

He's fairly well geared and is a monster in arena and bg's. He is currently spec'd MM/Surv which gives him a **** load of burst dmg and tons of crowd control. He is in a very large raiding guild, one of the best on the server.

You'll be 100% ready for the expansion with this account.

If anyone is interested, feel free to ask any questions you might have. If absolutely nobody here plays, then feel free to let this thread die.

When Ebay actually allowed you to post accounts for sale this account would've gone for over $500.

I'm willing to let it go for $200. This amount doesn't even come close to the amount of time and monthly fees I've paid in order to get this character to where he is.

I am also accepting trades. I am looking for: A mono amp capable of producing 800ish watts or more at 2 ohms, A set or two of nice tweeters or a good battery.

Random1010
08-30-2008, 12:56 PM
lol

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 12:57 PM
You laugh, but this used to be good money, too bad its illegal to sell accounts anymore

Virindok
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Well it's not that it's illegal, it's just you don't see it now because Ebay has an agreement with Blizzard Entertainment. You can still transfer your account to somebody else, technically you're supposed to transfer the CD's and stuff too but I don't have them any more. You are simply paying for the time I have invested (unfortunately for me quite a lot) in this account.

Edit: You will actually still see it on Ebay but typically those auctions will be shut down before they finish. This normally only happens if somebody reports the listing to Ebay, in which case they have to do something. Of course, there are still loopholes.

Edit #2: And you're right this was big money, I've seen accounts go for over $1,000 USD all the way up to about $1,700 was the highest I've ever seen. I'd say $200 is.... cheap, to say the least.

dsturbd
08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
$500 imo is pretty high.
I recently sold 2 characters on the realm Warsong (PVP) 2 70's a Rogue and Warlock
Warlock was 3 s3 2 s4 s3 dagger all Guardians
Rogue was 1 s3 4 s4 s3 swords all Guardians.
Both with Gladiator titles from previous season.
for $600
But your price your "willing to drop too" is alright good.
Good luck, wow accounts just don't sell like they use to.

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Well it's not that it's illegal, it's just you don't see it now because Ebay has an agreement with Blizzard Entertainment. You can still transfer your account to somebody else, technically you're supposed to transfer the CD's and stuff too but I don't have them any more. You are simply paying for the time I have invested (unfortunately for me quite a lot) in this account.

Edit: You will actually still see it on Ebay but typically those auctions will be shut down before they finish. This normally only happens if somebody reports the listing to Ebay, in which case they have to do something. Of course, there are still loopholes.

Edit #2: And you're right this was big money, I've seen accounts go for over $1,000 USD all the way up to about $1,700 was the highest I've ever seen. I'd say $200 is.... cheap, to say the least.

wrong, it is illegal, I'll find blizzards press release concerning it

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Blizzard's TOS
Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Program. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Blizzard does not recognize any virtual property transfers executed outside of the Game or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of the Game.

Virindok
08-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Right, but you -can- give your account to someone, provided you also transfer ownership of the software. The arguable loophole is that you can make this transfer to the other person, for free, but then have that person compensate for the time the previous account holder has invested. Of course, they may have changed this, but it had to of been recent.

Lol, look, I'm just trying to sell this account because I don't play any more and I don't feel like signing up for the websites that are dedicated to doing just that as some of them do charge money. If there wasn't a way around it, you wouldn't have websites like that which have been around forever.

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 01:21 PM
no you can't give your account to someone if they are giving you something in return.

If you want to truely give it to some one pm me the username and password :)

Virindok
08-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Account ownership is actually very complicated and still very highly debated. But honestly, if anyone is interested just PM me.

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 01:30 PM
its really not the complicated unless your trying to bend concrete rules set by Blizzard that were written by a lawyer. :)

lilmaniac2
08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Blizzard's TOS
Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Program. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Blizzard does not recognize any virtual property transfers executed outside of the Game or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of the Game.

see bold, doesn't get much clearer than that.

I wasn't even gonna post this until you lied. blatantly

Virindok
08-30-2008, 01:44 PM
For whatever reason, you seem to be fairly defensive of the subject - I'm assuming you just don't have much else to do.

I'm not going to get too into the debate here, as all of these things have been said many times over.

You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. The transferor (i.e., you), and not Blizzard, agrees to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer.

I'm saying that the copies have been "destroyed" and I no longer have it installed on any of my computers.

We could also get into the idea that Blizzard's claimed ownership of an account that a user pays for and invests time into is pushing the limitations of law.

"Now aside from what the EULA states, I’m wondering just how legal it is for a gaming company to claim rights/ownership over a users account. People argue that they can claim ownership because its their game hosted on their servers. However I can claim the same about this website, even though I legally own the domain name, I don’t posses anything other than a piece of paper that says I own it. It’s also hosted by another company where I don’t own the servers. So why doesn’t my domain registry or web host claim ownership of the site? Because even though they provide the technology and hardware I am the actual owner by law.

Why don’t MMORPG players get the same treatment? MMORPG gamers spend a extremely large amount of time building their characters and making them unique, from the name to the characters look and the nearly infinite combos of armor and weapons.

For a studio to claim ownership of the account in my opinion is pushing the legal boundaries."

There have been other cases with other games and similar agreements that have been taken to court and gone both ways. If I can't sell this account here, let the mods delete it, however - initiating a debate on my thread is also breaking the rules of the forum. If you had a problem with it all you had to do is report it.

Virindok
08-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Stay on topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova031
-Do not get off topic within the thread regarding an item for sale. The seller is listing the item for a reason, to sell it, not to discuss other issues. PM/Start a new thread within another section if you wish to discuss something non related to the sale with the seller.

The CarAudio.com Moderation Crew will enforce these rules, and take any necessary actions to enforece these guidelines.

I would classify your debate as 'other issues'. So, please take them elsewhere. Leave it up to the mods to do as they wish with this thread. If they want to lock/delete it, then they will. If they don't, I'd appreciate it if you stayed on topic.

NYR36
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
You should have a link to your armory page.
Fairly well geared could mean anything. At this point it should mean at least all T5 or at least a pvp set.