PDA

View Full Version : My alarm Situation...

krisfnbz
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Okay so right now I have the simple little Viper 590XV basic remote start and alarm in my car. 2 Months ago when some *** broke into my car and got my head unit, and a few other small things, totaling about $400, when they could have got alot more than that...

I decided I needed to upgrade my alarm. Definately needed a 2way alarm because the **** was done in broad daylight 30 seconds from my work building. I literally could have ran out there in 15 seconds if my pager would have went off.

This is what I have sitting around after buying most of the stuff I need(I think).

I am swapping the 590xv brain with the viper 5900 2 way brain.
I bought 5 relays(came in a pack of 5)
I currently have a DEI 506t Glass Sensor
DEI Tilt Sensor
ALso have 5 514T sirens(4 of which will go under my hood, 1 in the interior)
2 Piezo Sirens(for the interior)
DEI 520T Backup Battery
Have a Kinetik Battery for the trunk as well...

I also plan to relocate my alarm from the front of the car to the rear.

Any Suggestions?

DidUHearThat?
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Radar sensor is more reliable than a glass break sensor. Bad guys know how to break windows without setting off the glass break sensors.

qkassidyw
08-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Sounds good....you can read my post under this section about quality of alarm installs

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342950

krisfnbz
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
sounds like I am thinking in the right direction. I am open to any suggestions though.

krisfnbz
08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I do remember someone saying about how I was going to need to upgrade my antenna going from the 590XV to the 2 way 5900, where can I buy this antenna?

qkassidyw
08-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I do remember someone saying about how I was going to need to upgrade my antenna going from the 590XV to the 2 way 5900, where can I buy this antenna?

Um, you might be able to get it from Directed but if you are getting the 5900 then it should come in the box.

Also, you said you were going to swap out the brains but I believe the 5900 uses different harnesses so I would plan on redoing the entire install.

Other than that everything you have listed will be enough to deter any thief with the proper installation! :D

azbass
08-29-2008, 09:07 PM
to many sirens, just hook your car horn to it, and one siren under the hood, is plenty. they all make the same noise. and if your car is getting broken into during the day 30 sec from your work. you got bigger problems.

mendon99
08-29-2008, 09:57 PM
get a proximety sensor. They work pretty well, just make sure you wire it through a switch, becuase when it rains, they false often.

krisfnbz
08-30-2008, 01:41 AM
are you sure they are different harnesses? I heard that the 590 and 5900 have the same harnesses...I didnt buy the whole 5900, i just bought the brain and the transmitter

qkassidyw
08-30-2008, 02:51 AM
are you sure they are different harnesses? I heard that the 590 and 5900 have the same harnesses...I didnt buy the whole 5900, i just bought the brain and the transmitter
As long as there is the satellite relay box, the main brain with the standard DEI harness and no built in 451M then you should be OK...and it seems liek you wont need the antenna if the 590 is SST. If the 590 uses the same technology as the 791 then you will need the antenna.

krisfnbz
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
As long as there is the satellite relay box, the main brain with the standard DEI harness and no built in 451M then you should be OK...and it seems liek you wont need the antenna if the 590 is SST. If the 590 uses the same technology as the 791 then you will need the antenna.

I bought the 590xv remote start, and alarm brand new in box, and a good friend of mine wired it up for me. He told me he wired it up so that if I ever wanted to swap alarms, or take it out and sell the car that I could. I dont think he did anything "custom" or did a ghetto job, but I have never looked at the alarm itself.

So based on that what do you think? I dont know anything about a 451M and SST

qkassidyw
08-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I bought the 590xv remote start, and alarm brand new in box, and a good friend of mine wired it up for me. He told me he wired it up so that if I ever wanted to swap alarms, or take it out and sell the car that I could. I dont think he did anything "custom" or did a ghetto job, but I have never looked at the alarm itself.

So based on that what do you think? I dont know anything about a 451M and SST

I am not finding any info on the 590, like I said before; the 5900 comes with two brains One for the main alarm/two way paging and one for the remote start.

You may need to take a peek under your dash and see....probably should do it just to take a look at the install anyway :)

krisfnbz
09-01-2008, 11:09 AM
yeah im going to take a look at it today and see what i can do...I didnt know the 5900 came with 2 different pieces, maybe the 590 did as well.