PDA

View Full Version : 880PRS aux question

Chowder Head
08-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey guys, I finally fired up my first system today and not only am I pleased to see everything works. I was also very impressed at the 880PRS. Quite a **** unit!

I just had one question. For those that have this head unit, or just know, is it possible to use the front aux for a portable MP3 player while having the faceplate stay closed?

I can plug in my Zune using a reducer plug but I can only access it with the faceplate open. Is there anyway around this or am I stuck? I'm thinking no but I'd just like to make sure.

Thanks!

Jekku
08-29-2008, 04:27 AM
I just had one question. For those that have this head unit, or just know, is it possible to use the front aux for a portable MP3 player while having the faceplate stay closed?

:wow:
There is no FRONT aux on that particular headunit. That's aux "port" is for the Auto TA&EQ mic.

I can plug in my Zune using a reducer plug but I can only access it with the faceplate open. Is there anyway around this or am I stuck? I'm thinking no but I'd just like to make sure.

See my previous answer... There should be an aux port on the backside with 3.5mm plug.

Thanks!

Your welcome.

ultimate157
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
As stated above, that is a microphone port for the Auto T/A.

Get the IPBus Aux Input adapter cable and use the one on the back of the unit. I ran mine under the carpet and under my center console.

qkassidyw
08-29-2008, 02:55 PM
you shouldn't need the IP Bus adapter, I believe on that unit there is a standard 3.5 mm jack on the back. If you want to have two aux's you can run both but who wants to do that.

ultimate157
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
you shouldn't need the IP Bus adapter, I believe on that unit there is a standard 3.5 mm jack on the back. If you want to have two aux's you can run both but who wants to do that.

If there is I missed it while installing mine.... :confused:

UCF52
08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
If there is I missed it while installing mine.... :confused:

I don't think there is. If so, I also missed it.

Why would there be an AUX kit available...?

qkassidyw
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think there is. If so, I also missed it.

Why would there be an AUX kit available...?

Because some Head Units....like lower end models and older models do not have the direct AUX input like those of today. So for those units there is an adapter for the Pioneer Specific P-Bus cable.

CrossFired
08-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, I finally fired up my first system today and not only am I pleased to see everything works. I was also very impressed at the 880PRS. Quite a **** unit!

Thanks!

The front aux port on mine is very insensitive and does not sound all that great.

If you buy the Pioneer plug for the rear($10. off Ebay), that sounds good.

Plus the front needs that stupid mini (2.5mm)plug.;)

TerryMorgan
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
There is no FRONT aux on that particular headunit. That's aux "port" is for the Auto TA&EQ mic.

Actually it is an auxiliary port; I've plugged my friend's MP3 player into it and successfully gotten music to play through it just fine.

It's not a 3.5mm plug though, I think it's a 2.5mm plug. Just enable aux (I think it may be aux2 in the menu, instead of aux1) and you can use it.

Chowder Head
08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
The front aux port on mine is very insensitive and does not sound all that great.

If you buy the Pioneer plug for the rear($10. off Ebay), that sounds good.

Plus the front needs that stupid mini (2.5mm)plug.;)

$10 you say? Would you happen to know a part number or a link to one?

And yeah, the manual says the 2.5mm plug in the front is AUX 1. I did see a 3.5mm plug in the back, but I believe that's for a wired remote or something. However, the unit is placed all the way in, so I could just plug an aux cable there for the hell of it and see what happens.

Lastly, for the IP bus connectors, I see a lot of them have RCA cables. How are these supposed to be used? My MP3 player just has a aux jack, and nothing to plug the RCA cables into.

Thanks again guys.

bigbangtheory
08-30-2008, 09:42 AM
WTF to everyone saying that the front isn't an AUX input. It is and I have used it with my iPod many times. 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire and you are good to go. I personally don't like to use iPod as it don't give off as good of sound, but nice to know you have it.

iamamp3pimp
08-30-2008, 09:59 AM

See my previous answer... There should be an aux port on the backside with 3.5mm plug.

Your welcome.

yes there is, its on the bottom of the faceplate, and its 2.5mm

iamamp3pimp
08-30-2008, 10:01 AM
i have an extra ipod IPbus box if someone wants to buy it.

iamamp3pimp
08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
i think some dash kits have that extra trim piece that makes the radio stick out about 1/2 inch more.

i had mine like that, but i didnt like it.

mackin
08-31-2008, 11:35 PM
is this the same for the 800PRS i would assume? so i just need a little cord to plug into my HU to play Ipod? anyone have a link to the correct cord?

Thanks!

qkassidyw
08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
is this the same for the 800PRS i would assume? so i just need a little cord to plug into my HU to play Ipod? anyone have a link to the correct cord?

Thanks!

I don't know if there is a direct cord but there are 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapters then just get a regular mini to mini adapter (3.5mm to 3.5mm) and plug the adapter onto it.

mackin
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know if there is a direct cord but there are 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapters then just get a regular mini to mini adapter (3.5mm to 3.5mm) and plug the adapter onto it.

ok sounds good. One quick question though..

How am I supposed to fit the cord into that hole when it is halfway covered by the face of the headunit? will it magically appear once the Headunit is actually in my car?

adas
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
ok sounds good. One quick question though..

How am I supposed to fit the cord into that hole when it is halfway covered by the face of the headunit? will it magically appear once the Headunit is actually in my car?
no...the HU has to be in the tilted position to use the aux connection....it's pretty annoying.:crap:

Chowder Head
09-01-2008, 08:54 PM
So I'm guessing to use the front AUX, the front plate has to be open? That *****, I was hoping I could see the lights and ish from the HU. Oh well, can't have it all.

And FWIW, here's the 2.5mm male 3.5mm female connector I got. $0.95 shipped: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2648

adas
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
yea it has to be tilted...but all the lights and screen stays on....

To tilt it, press and hold the eject button for a few seconds so it doesnt eject a cd if u have one in there

bass_lover1
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe you guys have your HU buried into your dash, but I used the Auto T/A mic on 3 different occasions and the HU doesn't need to be tilted to plug it in.

iamamp3pimp
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
tis called flush mount

looks better imo.

bass_lover1
09-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Meh, YMMV then.

iamamp3pimp
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
not so much, i dont use the AUX in in the front, or play CD's often enough for it to matter.

mackin
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
tis called flush mount

looks better imo.

what is this flush mount you speak of? it makes the port accessible?

ryanj91
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
on pioneers website it says it has a built in rear aux port
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Premier/DEH-P800PRS?tab=B

look under "Additional System Expandability"

mackin
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Can anybody tell me how to get this front auxillary port to work?? my friend got the adapter but we cant find on the headunit how to enable the port to play his Ipod.

Please help!

TurdFergueson2
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Can anybody tell me how to get this front auxillary port to work?? my friend got the adapter but we cant find on the headunit how to enable the port to play his Ipod.

Please help!

hold the EQ button down and that front port is on the bottom of the faceplate.

mackin
09-12-2008, 06:40 PM
hold the EQ button down and that front port is on the bottom of the faceplate.

yeah we got that, but we cant find like the Ipod setting on the headunit. for example, you have the Tuner, CD etc... but when we hit source there is no option for AUX.

UCF52
09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
1. Turn the unit off
2. Hold down the right knob (multi-control) until the menu appears
3. Scroll through until you find where it says "enable aux 1" (it may be 2, I'm not sure)

mackin
09-13-2008, 01:38 AM
1. Turn the unit off
2. Hold down the right knob (multi-control) until the menu appears
3. Scroll through until you find where it says "enable aux 1" (it may be 2, I'm not sure)

thanks man.. i'll have him try it in the morning.

mackin
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
UCF i love you. i got a text this morning saying it worked and you just saved me close to 70 bucks :veryhapp:

UCF52
09-13-2008, 01:56 PM
UCF i love you. i got a text this morning saying it worked and you just saved me close to 70 bucks :veryhapp:

haha, no problem.