PDA

View Full Version : Stratusrt aka Rich Sigouin owes me a SAZ-1500

Twistid
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
First off I would like to say this is nothing against Team Sundown, or the company! That being said...

Early last year I purchased a Sundown1500 from Rich Sigouin (stratusrt also known as rippedr/t on some forums) , I then used the amp on various subwoofers until time came for me to leave off to basic training. Being a nice guy I decided I would let Rich put it to good use, as it would be worthless to me sitting in my closet for the next 6-9 months. So time goes by and I get stationed in Missippi for part of my training and during my time there Christmas comes around! We were given the chance to go on "Christmas Exodus," where we were all allowed
to go home! I go home for 2 weeks and I get in touch with Rich who informs me he has blown the amplifier and its in for repair! I take his word for it and every few weeks to a month or so I would send him a message asking him to mail it to my house or drop it off at my house as the school he took his kids to was literally a couple blocks from my house and he has been to my house before.
Nothing happens and more time goes by and come May 2008 I end up in South Carolina! I tell Rich, and let him know that I will be comming up to pick up the amplifier, well he informs me that the amplifier has blown, again, and that it was in repair, again. I say no problem-o to just give me a loaner until it comes back and we swap, he says thats not possible, and he feels bad so in exchange he would trade me my TRF 15" for his Mach 5 SPL 12" because there was no way a 15" would fit in the back of my car... I agree and a couple weeks go by and still no amplifier, I get impatient and decide to just drop ~$400 on a new amplifier from Bragg Pawn and have that to hold me over until the other one comes and I would just strap them! More weeks go by and he says he thinks his repair guy is scamming him! But its ok because he would buy me a new amplifier and ship it to me ASAP! So he says he sends it out, but theres no tracking number to go with it :( ! I ask almost on a daily basis to send me the tracking number but his wife has cleaned the house, or he misplaced it, or he left it in his car and he drove his truck to work, ect... ect... I dont care as im going to get my amp! 4 days after expected delivery he tells me he has recieved the amp back! He said they would not deliver to a mailbox number (I live in the baracks) "thats strange," I think to myself. Oh well atleast he still physically
has the amplifier, and what more, he tells me there is a car show in columbia comming up and he will come down and give me the amplifier in person! So that day comes and I ask him for the info and he says he was mistaken, there was no car show :( but he will still come down and meet me, hallelujah! So me and a few buds decide to check out the Columbiana Mall in lovely Columbia, South Carolina as it would be a nice meeting place somewhat half way between the 2 of us... time goes by and it turns out his car breaks down on the way down here! Oh knoez! But he was able to get a tow home safely so everything works out! Well I decide that next week I will get the amplifier, and to make sure I will drive the 140 miles up to north carolina to pick it up myself! That saturday night the day before I am to head out he tells me it would be best for me not to come down! I ask why, and He tells me that Bragg did an inventory and he has to give back the amplifier he was going to give me as he did not yet pay for it! As you can imagine by this time I am weary of playing this game, so I talk to DJ a Moderator, another member of Team Sundown, and also Rich's good friend, and explain the situation, he assures me he will talk to Rich, and I thank him most generously! Very quickly I get an angry text from Rich asking why I was bugging his friends with our personal buisness and that he will have my amplifier and I can forget that I know him. I apologize and tell him it was nothing personal I just wanted to ask his opinion on the situation! So the next weekend I was to drive up but I really dident feel like going up there again, and he tells me he found out why they did not deliver the amplifier previously, it was because he forgot to write the entire address! I tell him well no its ok, I will drive up there to make sure I get it and he says no its ok he will ship it out on Monday (August the 13th). It is now the FOLLOWING thursday the (21st) and I still have no tracking number, yet he says its in the mail and I should of gotten it on tuesday, sounds very similar to what happend just a couple weeks prior.

But the really best part is that after I purchased the second Sundown to hold me over, he told me to go out and buy a Powermaster D3100 because when I get that other sundown I would need it to strap them! So I do as he says, and now am I not only out the ~$4xx I spent on the original sundown, I spent over ~$3xx on a Powermaster D3100 to run them! This was back in July mind you...

I thaught long and hard about if I should post this, because I knew I would most likely lose Rich as a friend... I would goto his house all the time and help him build boxes, or help him work on his Stratus. I even knew his wife and kids! I still consider him my friend But I dont know if hes taking advantage of me, or just flat out lieing to my face. I never thaugh this would happen, being that he is my friend for one thing, but also a member of Team Sundown, and not to mention a SALES REP!

JL Audio
08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
did you make this thread on roe too? seems like I remember reading something about it. Either way man, that ***** :(..

Twistid
08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I made another thread on ROE yes, but it was within the past 3 minutes... Rich had problems with another fellow in Hawaii

JL Audio
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I made another thread on ROE yes, but it was within the past 3 minutes... Rich had problems with another fellow in Hawaii

that's what I read then, **** he went downhill :(.. I hope it gets sorted man.

Twistid
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I hope it does too, if you read through the story, not only am I out the money I spent on the SAZ1500, but the D3100 he told me to buy to run them with that now sits collecting dust.

hoxie08
08-21-2008, 02:23 PM
***** go to his house and rape his daughter.

thats what i'd do.

Twistid
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I am in the military and we most certainly do not go into other peoples places and pillage and rape. (a little humor)

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 02:26 PM

thats what i'd do.

messed up lol

ughhibye
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM

thats what i'd do.

h doesnt have a daughter and thats ****ed up

TurdFergueson2
08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
If he was really a friend he wouldn't screw you over like that. It seems like he was giving you the run around.

ssackett
08-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Man GL! I am in the same exact boat with you on a Sub i bought last month from another member on the forum... 1 week its sent.. then the next week its been returned from the post office... and never a tracking number to be provided.. The guy seems cool but its just getting kinda old and un professional...

Twistid
08-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Man GL! I am in the same exact boat with you on a Sub i bought last month... 1 week its sent.. then the next week its been returned from the post office... and never a tracking number to be provided.. The guy seems cool but its just getting kinda old and un professional...

From Rich?

ssackett
08-21-2008, 02:39 PM
From Rich?

No another member on here that seemed to have his **** togther... :crap:

**edited post

dragnix
08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
h doesnt have a daughter and thats ****ed up

his son? even better

Ford302Redneck
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow, I haven't talked to Rich is a long while.

Surprising to say the least. Hope it works out for you.

Rich usta be a good guy.

Team Nemesis-DJ
08-21-2008, 02:53 PM
This is DJ ..aka <mojo626>on the ROE...i think Rich is calling you know ,what i cant get is why you always bring me into this <and this has nothing to do with Team Sundown>so scratch that ...Yes Rich is on my team ,and we are very good friends and have been for years ...but what do you want me to do ,go to his house and whoop his *** ,or do you want me to pay you...its cool through ,how ppl forget what people do for them ...if i remember correctly ...Rich has stopped paying jobs to help you and build boxes on numerous times ...no excuses here just facts ...this **** is getting a little stupid if you ask me ...
and to the comments about daughters and sons ...ill just over those comments ,sounds like lack of common sense ......get back on the bus and keep riding theres nothing here for you ...

Twistid
08-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Yes I got a very angry call from Rich, and yes I asked you to talk to him, as for bringing you into this, all I said was if you could talk to him and I asked what you thaught.

I know I'm the bad guy and I'm a terrible person. I apologize and this entire situation is my fault, I now understand the past 10 months of me trying to get my amp back was my fault!

And about the Rich stopping paying jobs to help me, you're right, all the times I went over there and helped build boxes were all for me, I'm such a selfish person...

edit::: As from Rich's mouth, I will get the amp when I get it...

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
wow

RE_XXX
08-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Rich is one of the best i have ever done business with. A lot of stuff has happened to him and his family, some very life changing and terrible events. The last thing rich would ever do is rip somebody off. I remember when he got his new shed to do boxes :)

I am sorry for the events that have transpired, but in life family and yourself come first, Just please be patient with him, you will get your stuff back. I am sure. If not tomorrow, down the road you will.

,Seth

Team Nemesis-DJ
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Guess you find out who your true friends are .....they seem to disappear when times get rough ...aslong its all about "you" its all good ...

Twistid
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Like I told rich ," All I want is my amplifier."

I'm sorry I loaned it out, I learned my lesson. He said I will get it... So I'm leaving it at that.

dragnix
08-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Guess you find out who your true friends are .....they seem to disappear when times get rough ...aslong its all about "you" its all good ...

yet as a good friend it is ok to borrow an amplifier, blow it twice, then never give it back. Or at least try to give it back? Even if he did and the attempts failed, perhaps he should try again. He owes this guy an amp and that's the truth.

xxBURT0Nxx
08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Guess you find out who your true friends are .....they seem to disappear when times get rough ...aslong its all about "you" its all good ...lol, you guys are defending him, but honestly, the entire time he has had the amp "through bad times" he can't find 10 mins to go ship it out. Hell, the OP even said he would come pick it up. IMO something is obviously fishy, and you guys are sticking up for this guy. He has all this time to play around with the amp, blow it, get it repaired, blow it agian, etc, but can't ship it back to the owner, with excuse after excuse as to why he can't.

EDIT - Exactly.... I'm with you dragnix! Get the OP his amp back.

andrewmoore13
08-21-2008, 03:35 PM

You are sorta kinda coming off as a douche.

This thread was made for the reason of bringing attention to the fact that the guy was been out a $400 amplifier for 10 months. I don't give a **** if you wife dies that's not a good excuse. It takes 5 minutes to throw it in a box and drive it to a shipping station. Another 5 to have it shipped out. 5 minutes home and 1 minute to send him a tracking number. So that's maybe a max of 30 minutes of his time. No excuses.

Not to mention you come on to the public forum and start blaming the guy who loaned the amplifier out to someone for no reason. He could have stuck it in his closet and not tried to be nice. Not to mention if I blew an amp that I borrowed I'd replace it immediately and keep the one I ruined for my own use. You don't return something that you break. You break it you buy it. End of discussion.

Then you have the balls to say you find out who your true friends are? You have got to be kidding man. You say they disappear when times get rough? Well of course they do. No one wants to deal with someone who is screwing them out of a $400 amp. If I was in his position I would have made the same post. Not to mention all the times he OFFERED to go pick the fuxking thing up. I mean he offered to drive 140 some-odd miles out of his way just to convenience the guy and all he does is rattle off more excuses.

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
when rich first started had problems...with people and in his life i was like hey give him a break...but that was along time ago...i know someone that has not yet recieved money from him from a broken sub....so honestly for the people who are saying well we know the real friends stfu.

tommyk90
08-21-2008, 03:51 PM

This thread was made for the reason of bringing attention to the fact that the guy was been out a $400 amplifier for 10 months. I don't give a **** if you wife dies that's not a good excuse. It takes 5 minutes to throw it in a box and drive it to a shipping station. Another 5 to have it shipped out. 5 minutes home and 1 minute to send him a tracking number. So that's maybe a max of 30 minutes of his time. No excuses.

Not to mention you come on to the public forum and start blaming the guy who loaned the amplifier out to someone for no reason. He could have stuck it in his closet and not tried to be nice. Not to mention if I blew an amp that I borrowed I'd replace it immediately and keep the one I ruined for my own use. You don't return something that you break. You break it you buy it. End of discussion.

Then you have the balls to say you find out who your true friends are? You have got to be kidding man. You say they disappear when times get rough? Well of course they do. No one wants to deal with someone who is screwing them out of a $400 amp. If I was in his position I would have made the same post. Not to mention all the times he OFFERED to go pick the fuxking thing up. I mean he offered to drive 140 some-odd miles out of his way just to convenience the guy and all he does is rattle off more excuses.

x mother ******* 2. This is a big pile of bullshit if you ask me.

The OP is nice, pays for an amp that he lets the seller continue to use, and now all of a sudden HE'S the bad guy because he wants his amp back after 10 months of waiting?

Who the hell would stick up for this guy? Every time he supposedly "sends the amp out", something happens. It's excuse after excuse. Kind of reminds of me of TCAB and all his excuses. I made the mistake of getting myself involved and it only made me look bad.

To Rich, take a ******* half hour of your time and send this kid his amp that he paid for 10 months ago and so gracefully let you blow up....twice. If I was him I would demand my money back so I could get a new/unblown amp.

How some people can wait so long to ship things is beyond me. I hate making people wait a few days. 10 months is completely unacceptable.

tweet02
08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
**** all this BS, friend or foe, give the man his amp back, if its blown, he will get it fixed on his own. You all say this has nothing to do with Sundown, but sundown keeps comming up!! Its not fair to Jacob either to have his company name come up off something he has no control over. Everybody has hard times, hell we are all going thru it now, but theft is theft!! Either give him his amp., or pay him for it. All you that wanna step forward for this guy, pay it for him, and you wait to get paid, since he such a good friend. I bet none of you loud mouths do that. Give the man his ****!!!!!

Twistid
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
DJ (mojo626, dropbottommazda) called me and expressed his feelings about this situation, he really had nothing to do with this whole situation, I had just asked him a few weeks prior to talk to Rich which he did, but I see now he does not want to be involved in this what so ever which is absolutely understandable considering he has no part, he is simply standing up for his friend (Rich).

I suppose now that I'm not a good friend having posted this but I just got tired of playing the waiting game and being calm and patient and its nearly going to be going into its 11th month now, which I feel is in itself wrong having loaned my amplifier as a good will gesture to begin with.

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I suppose now that I'm not a good friend having posted this but I just got tired of playing the waiting game and being calm and patient and its nearly going to be going into its 11th month now, which I feel is in itself wrong having loaned my amplifier as a good will gesture to begin with.

i agree with the above stated ^^^^^^^^^^

rich has not only done shady stuff to you but to others....gl man hope you get this settled

Twistid
08-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I do too, thank you. I do believe it will work out in the end, I just hope this thread might have sped things up some.

rydethaLtrain
08-21-2008, 07:47 PM
i feel terrible about that, i hope you two can works things out. i have an extra amp you can borrow.

Twistid
08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
No thank you, I will stay out of that can of worms, I appreciate it though.

icweiner
08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
yea i thought rich got addicted to pain killers and had to finance his addiction. which is prob where ur amp went:( i like stratus but this is retarded and those excuses are lame as shyt.

jnralp00
08-21-2008, 07:56 PM
WOW... How do you blame the OP for this?

iamamp3pimp
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM
you'll lose a friend over this im sure, but the best part about that is

this friend is already gone.

no real friend will knowingly **** over another friend for this long, for no good reason.

thats all im saying.

JB513
08-21-2008, 08:03 PM
This is messed up. Hope you get your stuff back OP.

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 08:04 PM
yea i thought rich got addicted to pain killers and had to finance his addiction. which is prob where ur amp went:( i like stratus but this is retarded and those excuses are lame as shyt.

correct...heard the same thing

servcosr5
08-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I hope everything works out for you. we had to deal with this on ROE with my friend randy and a sub that was owed to him by rich. we all went on ROE to back our friend up and all we ended up getting was banned. they were all backing rich up, saying thats you 'll get your sub and balh,blah, but when it came time for the hawaii guys to express our opinions, either our post got deleted or banned. I just wish you the best and again, hopefully the excuses stop.....cause we have heard them all!! believe me, we have.

bass-aholic
08-21-2008, 08:05 PM
scammer....and a druggie, who ever sticks up for this guy is a P.O.S

connersdad19
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope everything works out for you. we had to deal with this on ROE with my friend randy and a sub that was owed to him by rich. we all went on ROE to back our friend up and all we ended up getting was banned. they were all backing rich up, saying thats you 'll get your sub and balh,blah, but when it came time for the hawaii guys to express our opinions, either our post got deleted or banned. I just wish you the best and again, hopefully the excuses stop.....cause we have heard them all!! believe me, we have.

i remember this.

servcosr5
08-21-2008, 08:19 PM
scammer....and a druggie, who ever sticks up for this guy is a P.O.S

I hear ya bass-aholic....
He used the same excuses with our friend. said he shipped the sub,when asked for a tracking number, he said he'll send it. nothing, then said he lost it. then said he got the sub returned back to him. all I asked was if he got the sub back, the tracking number should be on the box. to prove us wrong, all he had to do was post it up so it showed that he wasn't lying about sending out the sub. what happened, for asking that question, I got banned. this went back and forth for god knows how long. said he didn't get paid, from his boss, building like 20-30 boxes a week. then finally came out saying about old injuries and got addicted to pain killers. also added in the wife as an excuse also. so..... like I said, we have heard just about all these things before. my friend finally did get his sub, but after a long time.
just would like to again wish twistid good luck!!

tapout
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
lol.. he gave you the spl12 that mark sent him to TEST. lol. very uncool

oh snaps.

Shady indeed.

yama168
08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
i agree with the above stated ^^^^^^^^^^

rich has not only done shady stuff to you but to others....gl man hope you get this settled

This sentence in bold is so true that there are a couple people on this very forum
that have been waiting for close to 2yrs + for either product or $$ from rich which have
never come only excuse after excuse.. hope you get your amp back soon GL...

Aloha

scarolinablazin
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
This is DJ ..aka <mojo626>on the ROE...i think Rich is calling you know ,what i cant get is why you always bring me into this <and this has nothing to do with Team Sundown>so scratch that ...Yes Rich is on my team ,and we are very good friends and have been for years ...but what do you want me to do ,go to his house and whoop his *** ,or do you want me to pay you...its cool through ,how ppl forget what people do for them ...if i remember correctly ...Rich has stopped paying jobs to help you and build boxes on numerous times ...no excuses here just facts ...this **** is getting a little stupid if you ask me ...
and to the comments about daughters and sons ...ill just over those comments ,sounds like lack of common sense ......get back on the bus and keep riding theres nothing here for you ...

you smoke crack with him dont you asshat

dragnix
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
this is some ****ed up ****. I would encourage people to come by and beat him with a baseball bat but since he's hopped up on all that painkiller it won't make a difference.

GAM3OVR
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM

truf!

icweiner
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM
this is some ****ed up ****. I would encourage people to come by and beat him with a baseball bat but since he's hopped up on all that painkiller it won't make a difference.

lmao.

Team Nemesis-DJ
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
you smoke crack with him dont you asshat

LOL...ill be down your way a few times next month... one day i know for sure is going to be Sept 28 in Columbia SC <performance audio>....at the clash of titans show ...show up and we can discuss how much crack i smoke ...lol....lol.....

JL Audio
08-21-2008, 11:00 PM
LOL...ill be down your way a few times next month... one day i know for sure is going to be Sept 28 in Columbia SC <performance audio>....at the clash of titans show ...show up and we can discuss how much crack i smoke ...lol....lol.....

they have meetings for that, least you want to talk about it with someone though. I'm proud of you. ;) :D;)

Team Nemesis-DJ
08-21-2008, 11:01 PM
lol....pretty funny now im a crackhead .....

hotsizzle56
08-22-2008, 12:23 AM
That was me. I'm the guy from Hawaii that was waiting almost 2 months for a Digital Designs 9512g I payed $580 for. He gave me similar excuses and run arounds, but I had A LOT of guys that posted on his page giving him hell and eventually had him realize something needed to be done. Btw, I had his Paypal account cutoff since I filed a claim and had it froze for several months after receiving the sub as well. Lol. He claims he was in the military and was blown off a building or some bs and hurt his neck preventing him from sending the sub and also that he had a pain killer addiction. I was like, for a Moderator this guy sure has a lot of problems going around.

Twistid
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Theres no need to make fun of him, we all go through hard times. DJ has nothing to do with this. Rich posted in the RoE thread taking the blame for what happend and said I will eventually get my amplifier back.

I'm just trying to keep this professional... But thanks for everyones support!

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55663&page=2

edit::: I will also keep this thread updated with any events.

90accordman
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
That was me. I'm the guy from Hawaii that was waiting almost 2 months for a Digital Designs 9512g I payed $580 for. He gave me similar excuses and run arounds, but I had A LOT of guys that posted on his page giving him hell and eventually had him realize something needed to be done. Btw, I had his Paypal account cutoff since I filed a claim and had it froze for several months after receiving the sub as well. Lol. He claims he was in the military and was blown off a building or some bs and hurt his neck preventing him from sending the sub and also that he had a pain killer addiction. I was like, for a Moderator this guy sure has a lot of problems going around.

moderators are normal human beings, normal everyday things do happen to them as well.

ive heard numberous stories, either way, people are alot more patient then I am, 10 months waiting for something is a long time i dont care what the circumstances, i personally would feel compelled to find a way to get my stuff as well.

I dont have a comment one way or another on Rich, i havent talked to him in months, maybe even a year. But i do know he always had shipping issues back when i did talk to him./

Twistid
08-22-2008, 03:45 PM
As long as I get my amp I will be happy...

BobbyDD
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Has he ever admitted to lying to you? It sounds like you're plenty patient if he'd just tell the truth.

lilmaniac2
08-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Kinda an odd situation, I'm sure rich will take care of you

Twistid
08-22-2008, 07:33 PM
I am very patient, and I think he has lied to me, if the amp repair guy is scamming him why not call him out? Why not give his info? Then the situation about the car show in columbia, then the fact he said HE shipped it out on monday, yet if it was shipped out on monday why is it still not here?

But its whatever, all I want is the amp.

Twistid
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Just a small update, I got $200 at a show a few months ago... and "somehow" the thread over on RoE got deleted...

iamamp3pimp
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
that enough to pay for the repair?

Twistid
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I never recieved the amp, he just gave me $200 ... ya live and ya learn.

profundus-sanus
02-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Just a small update, I got $200 at a show a few months ago... and "somehow" the thread over on RoE got deleted...

surprised?

Memphis4L
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
wow

Annnarbor84
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
I would have took the $200 and punched him in the face and told him now were square. I don't advocate violence, but once in awhile it is necessary...