PDA

View Full Version : All things being equal.

97srad750
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
The car, the power, and the subs. All built to manufacturers specs. Which box design is the loudest?

If you don't have the appropriate power would ported be the way to go? Bandpass is the most efficient, but I have two Kicker CVR 15's and the box would be huge, and I need room for golf clubs.

boomzilla
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
ported is loudest, but it depends on if the box is specific to the subs specs. ive heard bandpasses can be very efficient, but have to be done just right. sealed has good all around bass response, but lacks output

for two 15's i think even sealed might sound good. only way to go to save space, because im sure bandpasses are just as big, if not bigger than ported ones.

97srad750
08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Well I haven't had any luck selling my MMATS amps in the classifieds section, and I picked up these CVR 15's today in a box. Since my amp is 500 @ 1 ohm (since it's MMATs I'd guess it's fairly underrated), I didn't know if I should go ported since I don't have a whole lot of power. I guess since it's already in a box I can just hook it up and see.

Ed Lester
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
so far, ported is proving loudest in street type designs.

Bandpass has higher potential but is very tricky to design and the true potential is not seen in a vehicle's interior.

Exponential Horn has the highest potential but has to be very large and the design does not work properly in a confines space such as the vehicle's interior.