PDA

View Full Version : Tools for box building

Mercureie
06-19-2003, 03:21 PM
i was just wonderin what kinda tools like saws and stuff everyone uses to build thier boxes, i've built two boxes with a jigsaw and a power screwdriver and it sux doin all the cutting with a jig. jus wonderin what everyone uses that would be easier then a jigsaw.

Randy Savage
06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I use a table saw, jig, caulk gun, and a drill...and some clamps...and screws, liquid nails, thats about it...

vettelovr1124
06-19-2003, 10:44 PM
At the local Lowe's, they will cut the mdf you buy to your specs for a small fee if not for free depending on his mood.:D Maybe this is true for every Lowe's store.

Gauntlet
06-19-2003, 11:02 PM
I use a circular saw, caulk gun, drill, clamps, screws, gorilla glue/liquid nails, silicone, wood dowels, and I would use a jigsaw but it's broken so I use a sabresaw...takes a little longer but it gets the job done. Routers are fun tools to use too.

maylar
06-21-2003, 06:03 PM
I used a table saw, drill press, 2 hp plunge router, jig saw, lots of clamps, portable drill, woodworker's bench with vices, electric screwdriver, framing square, combination square, an awl, and a really sharp pencil :D

Didn't need my bandsaw, planer, jointer, or the other goodies in my shop...

Mercureie
06-21-2003, 06:08 PM
****, i wish i had access to all those tools