PDA

View Full Version : XXX 12" Box Design

Cmccloud
08-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello people. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a box design. I have built ported and sealed but never attempted 4 order and everything else. I am trying to find a way to get my 2005 XXX 12" loud as hell, I have adaquate power to it and all, just need a killer box. I am wanting a big port to move lots of air. This sub is capable of a lot from what I have heard. Only prob I am running into is space, which isn't really a prob. Max is prob 14" tall and 32" long and prob 32" wide. I want to make something prob around 4 cubes or so around 30hz, let me know some ideas and if you think this size would make it loud. Thanks

helotaxi
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
You'll probably be able to get it louder in that space with a ported box. Really loud/efficient bandpass designs are usually 6th order and you'll probably need a bit more space than you have to go that route with that sub.

bonesninja
08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
You'll probably be able to get it louder in that space with a ported box. Really loud/efficient bandpass designs are usually 6th order and you'll probably need a bit more space than you have to go that route with that sub.

word^^^....but if you end up just doing a regular slot port, those subs only really need 2-2.5 cf net and they really love lower tuning like 28-30htz

helotaxi
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Mine sounded great in 2.0 tuned to 28. Got plenty loud for me with a whole 400w on it in that box, too.

Cmccloud
08-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Oh really. It's in about 3 cubes right now, but tuned around 34. I just want some more output then it has right now. Don't get me wrong this thing sounds pretty clean to me and gets pretty **** loud, but just wanting some more. I think a slot port is gonna help a lot in the first place.

helotaxi
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Like I said plenty loud "for me." I'm not a wring the living hell out of stuff kinda guy. my box wasn't designed to get loud, it was designed to sound good.

You might be able to get yours louder with a slightly higher tuning. Of course with the box that big, you're headed into fart box territory going much higher.

Cmccloud
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
oh really. Yeah I don't want that. That is one thing I love about this sub is that it sounds awesome, has a real clear sound to it. think these can hit in the 40+ range just wondering. Not really going for that, but just wondering.

mobeious
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
2.25 at 30hz and ull love it... u might want to reconsider ur amp choice that could be a problem...

Cmccloud
08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
is that not a good amp for it? What should I use. I have a Mojo 4kw but I can't use it because of the power issues I am all stock except for a batcap 800. Would I still be able to use it, and it just not put out the same power or would I destroy something?

bonesninja
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
the quantum should be fine