PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood DDX812 help, please...

528hz
08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I got my HU in and man are these things the ****! The features are endless and the EQ is unmatched. I can tell a difference is SQ from the AVN6600, and the touch buttons on this thing are really lightning fast. I do however have a HUGE problem.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or don't have something set up right, but when I put in a DVD, CD, MP3 disk...anything, the screen is showing text from reading the disk, but I get NO sound at all. The tuner works fine, so I know it's nothing speaker related.

Is there something I need to turn on? I've been through all the features and I can't find anything.

duece212
08-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I have no idea on that one man. I didn't change any settings out of the box and dvd's and cd's worked fine :/

blazeplacid
08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
hmm thats pretty odd

might contact the place you bought it from to see if they know something

but yeah,told you so

the SQ on these just outa the box is amazing

poonjahb
09-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Not to sound condescending or anything, but it sounds like someone hooked the power antenna control wire to your amps instead of the remote wire. That would cause the amps to only be on when the tuner is on.

I guess that only applies if you are running amps for all of your speakers and not using the internal amp in the HU.