PDA

View Full Version : kicker 15" L5

tsupra98
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
so i just got this new sub and i'm looking to build a comp box for it. i'll be running it with a zx750.1. and it'll be in an acura integra. any suggestions on a box? how big should i make it? what should i tune the port to? if anyone has any experence with these subs your imput would sure be appreciated.

jbizzle
08-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Why do you want a comp box?

I have the feeling you just want it to hit hard, comp boxes will sound like **** on music.

tsupra98
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Why do you want a comp box?

I have the feeling you just want it to hit hard, comp boxes will sound like **** on music.

No this box will just be in the car for comps only. i plan on building another box for every day use.

a_steezy
08-16-2008, 01:25 PM
L5 for comp...??

let me switch computers and i'll show pics of my build i finished yesterday for my 15" L7

dimensions are 36x24x14 external, with the port at 7 wide, then 6" on the bottom L inside the box

which is like 3.9+- internal volume and tuned a little above 38 hz, don't know bout comp boxes to much but tune it high mid-high 40's maybe

a_steezy
08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
so i got lazy and took the two i had posted on the internet, but he's what mine's looking like, i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out in the end for my first box build

me bein ghey with it excited we were done...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/aunit11/ghey.jpg

and AWRY from the forums helping with the siliconing...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/aunit11/ghey2.jpg

hits ******* hard but kinda sounds like poop

also, if you're going to be going for comp you're gonna need waay more power, hook it up to the zx1000 or something, i'm running mine with the zx1500 and it'll handle the power but i'm keeping it continously around 1,200 watts

sorry for the post, i just got unbanned!!! and i've been here to help people the whole time...

tsupra98
08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
L5 for comp...??

let me switch computers and i'll show pics of my build i finished yesterday for my 15" L7

dimensions are 36x24x14 external, with the port at 7 wide, then 6" on the bottom L inside the box

which is like 3.9+- internal volume and tuned a little above 38 hz, don't know bout comp boxes to much but tune it high mid-high 40's maybe

yea it's just for the little comps around town you know? just the one's the local car audio shops have.

a_steezy
08-16-2008, 01:35 PM
ya for sure, i'd say more power as i stated above though, but sounds good, something to get out and do

tsupra98
08-16-2008, 01:39 PM
well at first i didn't plan on going to comps anymore. but once i got it installed i wanted to see what i was hitting and i ended up hitting a 141. that was in a sealed box that only has 1.5 cu ft. so i thought with a better box i might be able to get a little more out of it and just go to the local shops when they have there comps and have fun

a_steezy
08-16-2008, 01:45 PM
do it mang, and just keep it in your car for your daily... ha

good luck with whatever you end up doing though, and build your box... saved me so much **** money, built it to my specs what i had room for, and only takes a day or two, with letting glues dry, glue/silicone one day, screw the next, capishe you're off bumpin harder than ever and know you built the box

ha, idk, blabbin alot, i think the local car audio place opens at 10 so i'm waitin around bored

tsupra98
08-16-2008, 01:53 PM
alright thanks for the help man