PDA

View Full Version : building my wall do I need to round off the corners inside or glass? help...

MmatsproRodeo99
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I had to frame in the wheel wells of my rodeo to create more volume for the wall, now I have alot of edges on the interor of the box as well as a recessed battery box for the rear battery... should i round all the edges I can off? or leave it alone also the box is held together with a combo of liquid nails, tite bond and 1 1/4" drywall screws should I glass the interior joints or should I be ok? any help or ideas is welcome and would be helpfull. also what do you guys think about top ports? I have a 20cube box right behind the back seats with the subs about 2" from te back f the seats... I wanna do a long slot port accrose the top of the wall above the head rests, but dont know how to calculate te port size considering the odd shape of the box, any help? anyone have a default dea for the port? to box is roughly 40 x 35 x 25 with some angles and what not inside the box, the top is kinda angled in to match the contour of the rear plastic and the wheel wells are framed out if that makes any since... help help help

bum123
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I would glass all of it and yes it is a good idea to rould those corners but it is not a need. A couple of questions. What subs? How Many? is it for competition if so what organization.

bum123
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
What kind of power will you be using?

MmatsproRodeo99
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
3 15" dreads 1500watts rms I will have 2K RMS on them now and will upgrade the first of next month with another 2K amp, not really in it for strict comp but prolly will do a sunday event every once in awhile I dont have tons of cash to do a comp set up when I don something I like to do it 100% and since im lacking the funds i wont try to fool my self... lol id like to put down a strong 152-56 and ill be happy 2 of them did a 149.2 on the TL in a non walled box.