PDA

View Full Version : Help making decision on speakers

faive
06-18-2003, 01:23 AM
have finally decided that I will get for Head Unit a Nakamichi CD-400 wich I love for itīs great SQ.

I have narrowed my speaker selection in this choices:

Rear speakers: Infinity Kappa coaxials 52.5i or MB Quart RKC 113

Front speakers: Infinity Kappa 50.5CS or MB Quart PSD 213

My only experience has been with Infinity speakers and Boston Acoustics. I have heard good comments on MB Quart speakers but have heard also that they seem to have a problem with the tweeter sound too harsh and that they are worth if you buy the top-of-the-line series with the MB Quart Premium (PSD 213) isnīt.

I am totally at loss. As I love SQ and have had Nakamichiīs Head Unit before, I would like the best match for that Nakamichi in the matter of SQ. SQ is what I need and what I love.

In this choices, wich would you recommend? I am planning to run them on a US Acoustics amp since I donīt want to spend more money!

P.S. I could always buy only Infinity reference speakers with no amp. That could be another choice but donīt know if that would bring me SQ also...

THANK YOU A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

outbacksport
06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
I think the MB Quarts will sound better than the infinity's but that's my opinion.
It's best to audition both of them and listen which one you like best. It's true
people are saying the titanium tweets of the MBs are too harsh but you can
adjust the crossover to -3db. I used to have MBQ's but now im using Focal speakers.
Good luck