PDA

View Full Version : F150 Seat lift

Black Truck 10
08-12-2008, 03:13 AM
I have a 2004 new body style f150. I am desperate on lifting my seat however I dont want to pay 165 for the lmiwelding.com seat lift kit especially with all the problems they are having. Does any body have ideas on how I can do this?

My first thougts are some c-channel for my seat legs.

Get some steel plates to extend my seats from my back wall, simply drill some holes and put in some screws.

To pull my rear seat off my wall I was thinking about using steel plates shaped to accept the seat backs. This should give me an additional 2 inches or so back there.

I dont know where I could get this done in the Houston Texas Area so if yall know anybody please let me know. I have to have this complete by August 19th. I really am desperate, no homo!

cman9012
08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Do you have a crew cab or an extended cab? I know for my cousins f150 lariat we just used wooden blocks and longer bolts but it might be different now I have not seen the inside of a new body yet.

titanle
08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
is it a crewcab with fold up seats? If so, maybe u could try putting a spacer on top of the rubber stopped on which the seat rests. That's how my truck is, and I'm gonna do the same thing, shud get 1.5" of lift

Black Truck 10
08-12-2008, 03:50 AM
its a f150 supercab with fold up seats (which I believe is the standard to nbs f150's)