PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 3DA-W882 XM / iPod Question

3dfx
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm purchasing a vehicle with an Alpine 3DA-W882 head unit installed. It's an older unit, was high end back in 1999. I like the head unit, and I don't see any need to upgrade it at the moment. I'm just curious if anyone knows if this unit has the ability to have iPod / XM (aux device) plugged into it.

I'm not looking for something that will broadcast an FM signal to the receiver, I'd actually like to have it properly installed.

I can't find much info on this head unit, I do know it had the option for a CD changer, so it must have at least one input in the back, but since I've come up dry I thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks in advance.

3dfx
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Bump

Worlddre
08-17-2008, 09:25 PM
the unit has Ai-net so the only way to do either would be using a KCA-121b plus RCA - Mini Plug cable....you likely have to turn on the auxillary in the unit and the ipod would have to be controlled using the ipod itself

3dfx
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
the unit has Ai-net so the only way to do either would be using a KCA-121b plus RCA - Mini Plug cable....you likely have to turn on the auxillary in the unit and the ipod would have to be controlled using the ipod itself

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.