PDA

View Full Version : Issue with seller.

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
So I have this guy who I sold my 1900 watt Autotek to. He's sat on the amp since the 29th of July and now wants a refund claiming the amp is messed up. I know for a fact that the amp works as it was removed in perfect working condition as well as tested at my local ABC Electronics. The buyer was kinda shady from the beginning. He did not seem to want to buy it. I insisted that he buy from somewhere else because he was giving me the run around. He wanted me to put it on ebay and do a private auction. I declined. Then after being so ready to still buy that night, his parents happened to go to sleep and he could not send the money. Later that same night he bumps a thread for needing an amp.

That morning I sent him a PM telling him that he should deal with somebody else. Then he sends the money. Few days later (29th of July) amp is in his hands. I know it wasnt damaged during shipping. Ask anybody that I ever shipped to that. You coulda dropped that thing off of anything.

So aside from lookin at his PMs about him spending too much money on the mono amp and trying to sell it for more than I sold it to him a few weeks ago he now wants a refund. He says that it will cost him 150 to get the amp fixed though he never said what was exactly wrong with it, nor have any of his PMs or help here on the forums said anything really about the amp not working right.

Today he said it plays low. Could be that none of the levels were adjusted at all. He does claim to be a n00b, but my thing is this is not buy and try. The whole thing just doesn't seem right.

I will PM the seller so he can have a chance to respond in this thread. Everything I have said is true to my knowledge. I just have a real problem with him having probably either messed up the amp or not wanting it anymore due to seeing something better. From looking at his posts, it looks like he just wants something else.

Faced with this situation, what would you guys do?

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
i wouldn't give him anything. he doesn't know what he is doing. probably has the hu at vol. 2 and wonders why it ain't loud.

blazinb2000
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I sold an amp a couple of years ago to a guy, who 8 months later said "oh hey the amp quit working 2 weeks after I purchased it but I forgot to tell you, can I get my money back now"? I told him no.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
i just hooked the amp up now due to the fact i didnt have a sub or box...finally got it hooked up and didnt work

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
the number of the shop is 218-727-3053...tell them claim check is number 70100 (problem ultra low output)

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Did you try adjusting the levels on the amp? Any shop will be more than willing to turn the gain up on your amp for 150 bucks. Please state your setup, Wiring and all.

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 04:40 PM
what kind of hu do you have? did you turn the gain up? what about your sub level on your hu. did you turn on the sub outputs on the hu. my pioneer and kenwood were like this.

xxBURT0Nxx
08-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I'm facing a similar problem now. Guy bought an avic d-3 from me and then claimed it was broken, I know it wasn't when I sent it. Anyways, he sends it in for repair without my knowledge, and then tells me it is $200 flat rate from pioneer to fix it. A few days ago he messages me again and says it cost him $270 and that he expects a full refund for the $560 he payed, plus the $270 for the repair, and wants to keep the hu for all of the problems he has had, or he will take legal action. I'm just starting to think this is a way for a buyer to scam a seller. Claim item is broken and request a refund. I know that the hu was working when I sent it out, so I will not reimburse him any money.

I probably would do the same in your situation. If you know for a fact that the item worked when you shipped it, don't do a refund. They can file an insurance claim through UPS or whoever if they think it was damaged during shipping, otherwise, I would probably say they installed it incorrectly, possibly blowing a fuse, maybe dropped it and wiggled some parts loose, etc. IDK tough situation, but if you are sure it worked when shipped, don't refund imo.

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I know it's an issue other than the amp, but it's hard to diagnose with no information.

king ranch
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
haha glad i didnt buy this amp

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
You have no obligation to refund any money. You sent it to him in working order. If, somehow, it was damaged during shipping, he can file an insurance claim. Otherwise it is probably just user error.

BASS_WARRIOR
08-11-2008, 04:49 PM

stfu

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I'm facing a similar problem now. Guy bought an avic d-3 from me and then claimed it was broken, I know it wasn't when I sent it. Anyways, he sends it in for repair without my knowledge, and then tells me it is $200 flat rate from pioneer to fix it. A few days ago he messages me again and says it cost him $270 and that he expects a full refund for the $560 he payed, plus the $270 for the repair, and wants to keep the hu for all of the problems he has had, or he will take legal action. I'm just starting to think this is a way for a buyer to scam a seller. Claim item is broken and request a refund. I know that the hu was working when I sent it out, so I will not reimburse him any money.

I probably would do the same in your situation. If you know for a fact that the item worked when you shipped it, don't do a refund. They can file an insurance claim through UPS or whoever if they think it was damaged during shipping, otherwise, I would probably say they installed it incorrectly, possibly blowing a fuse, maybe dropped it and wiggled some parts loose, etc. IDK tough situation, but if you are sure it worked when shipped, don't refund imo.

I'm 100% positive that the amp was working. The way it was packed, even UPS couldn't have damaged it. It is more than likely the levels need to be adjusted. they were all turned down prior to shipping so he or whomever could adjust them to his setup.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
this is no other issue than the amp...i had an old ****** setup that was like 300 watts or so and after hearing my friends 600 watt system bump i knew i wanted to kick his *** so i went for a 1000 watt amp and sub... my setup is a crap boss audio 735 HU but i bought brand new so i know it works...the subwoofer volume was for sure turned up...i have 2 guage wiring but im not familiar with that as im 16 and my dad knows the electical stuff...custom built box diamond audio d9 d2 12 inch sub (that i bought from here with no problem). my dad and i hooked everything up sadly to see nothing playing from my sub. so i went up to D.A.D.S. electronics (my local shop) and they came out and looked everything over and said either its the wiring or amp and they brought own wiring out to see same problem. so they said it was the amp and i left it with them to get an estimate. 3 days later (today) they called to say something that i couldnt understand from some austrailian guy that the preamp outputs or something and would cost 150 to get fixed. i took it home and pmed this guy and here is where i am now

xxBURT0Nxx
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm 100% positive that the amp was working. The way it was packed, even UPS couldn't have damaged it. It is more than likely the levels need to be adjusted. they were all turned down prior to shipping so he or whomever could adjust them to his setup.Yeah, that's how it was for me. Honestly try to diagnose the problem with him and help him out, but I would not refund the money.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm 100% positive that the amp was working. The way it was packed, even UPS couldn't have damaged it. It is more than likely the levels need to be adjusted. they were all turned down prior to shipping so he or whomever could adjust them to his setup.

yes, you packaged very well so im sure it was not damaged during shipping but i belive it was not working before you shipped it

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Yeah you killing the block with that xplod on your L7s

I wouldnt sell you a bag of dog **** if you was hungry Queen Ranch

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
did you call the shop turdFergueson?

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
yes, you packaged very well so im sure it was not damaged during shipping but i belive it was not working before you shipped it

It sounds like you just need to adjust your levels. Did you set the gain or did you just plug the thing in and go "OMG NO SOUNDZZZZ!!!"

Turd is not one to sell defective equipment. If you want to call him a scammer, at least do it outright so we can all see your stupidity

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
did you call the shop turdFergueson?

Not yet, still at work. I will at 415 though.

BASS_WARRIOR
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
this is no other issue than the amp...i had an old ****** setup that was like 300 watts or so and after hearing my friends 600 watt system bump i knew i wanted to kick his *** so i went for a 1000 watt amp and sub... my setup is a crap boss audio 735 HU but i bought brand new so i know it works...the subwoofer volume was for sure turned up...i have 2 guage wiring but im not familiar with that as im 16 and my dad knows the electical stuff...custom built box diamond audio d9 d2 12 inch sub (that i bought from here with no problem). my dad and i hooked everything up sadly to see nothing playing from my sub. so i went up to D.A.D.S. electronics (my local shop) and they came out and looked everything over and said either its the wiring or amp and they brought own wiring out to see same problem. so they said it was the amp and i left it with them to get an estimate. 3 days later (today) they called to say something that i couldnt understand from some austrailian guy that the preamp outputs or something and would cost 150 to get fixed. i took it home and pmed this guy and here is where i am now

So they re-wired your car with there wire just to test it?:confused:

Some how i doubt that.

funkyab
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
3 days later (today) they called to say something that i couldnt understand from some austrailian guy that the preamp outputs or something and would cost 150 to get fixed. i took it home and pmed this guy and here is where i am now

Did you not understand him because he is australian (which means he speaks english, are you not a native speaker of english?) or because you did not understand the terminology he was using. I think you should completely understand what he said the problem was so others and especially the OP can help diagonse the problem.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
i didnt set the gains i hooked it up and drove to the shop and they took over from there...i somewhat was watching but not really...i assume they set the gains as they should know what there doing...then they went to get a test tone to see something but didnt have one then said it is most likely the amp so he took it and just called me today to say the amp is broken and its 150 to fix it

Lugnutzk
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Why is everybody jumping down this guy's throat? He gave the number of the technician. Call him and find out the problem straight from the source.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Did you not understand him because he is australian (which means he speaks english, are you not a native speaker of english?) or because you did not understand the terminology he was using. I think you should completely understand what he said the problem was so others and especially the OP can help diagonse the problem.

i didnt understand him because i speak english and he had an austrailian accent or something and when you combine that with these terms and stuff i got sonfused and just said fvck it ill just come pick it up...Turdfergueson said he would call the shop so he can get a diognosis of the problem

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Why is everybody jumping down this guy's throat? He gave the number of the technician. Call him and find out the problem straight from the source.

thank you

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM

are you sure its not the hu? just because its brand new doesn't mean something can't go wrong.

what does your dad know about electrical?'

so the shop brought out their own power wires and rca's and ran them thru your car?

did you check fuses? does the protection light come on the amp?

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 05:13 PM
i didnt set the gains i hooked it up and drove to the shop and they took over from there...i somewhat was watching but not really...i assume they set the gains as they should know what there doing...then they went to get a test tone to see something but didnt have one then said it is most likely the amp so he took it and just called me today to say the amp is broken and its 150 to fix it

why would they need a test tone to see if it works?

go away.

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Sounds to me like the shop is trying to play you like a sucker. Just get the amp back and set the gains.

Grab test tones here http://realmofexcursion.com/ (click the downloads tab and grab like a 50 or 60 hz sine wave)

Then go here and follow the instructions for setting the gain http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

BASS_WARRIOR
08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
You should have talked things out with the seller before you took it to shop. There are a lot of dishonest shops out there...

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
are you sure its not the hu? just because its brand new doesn't mean something can't go wrong.

what does your dad know about electrical?'

so the shop brought out their own power wires and rca's and ran them thru your car?

did you check fuses? does the protection light come on the amp?

i guess it could be the HU but it was in the subwoofer preout thing and he said ill just plug it in here fhit shltts and nothing worked...

my dad knows enough to hook the stuff up but probably not as much as anyone helping me out here...

i dont think they ran them through my car but they said they did a test to eliminate the wiring so i assume they just brought there wire out and wired it to something...
he checked the fuse and said it was fine, if the protection light is just the power light to show its turned on then yes it turns on

lilmaniac2
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
You don't know anything about audio, so you paid a shop who makes money by selling stuff to install it. When they saw you were an idiot they decided to take advantage of some newb who had no idea what he needed. So now they are upselling you wiring, new amp and probably new HU and everything else.

Screw the buyer, we have no reason not to trust you OP

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
why would they need a test tone to see if it works?

go away.

idk..i dont even know what a test tone does...actually i think it was a test signal

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
i'm sure there is a member near you that could help you set it up right. I would, but I'm 4 hours away. I guess if you want to make the drive, I could help

Lugnutzk
Ok I'm losing faith in the buyer. Especially after reading the sig. I'm interested to see how the phone conversation goes.

blackman
a boy tried to do that once with me....sent a paintball gun back to me and everything wanting a refund.....i looked at it.....i was like "Fvck yo couch N*gga"..... the stupid fvck didnt put a battery in the gun....i put a battery in the gun and turned it on.....worked 100%.....sent it back to him...hes happy....so are u sure u hooked the battery up to the amp?? lol

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
i guess it could be the HU but it was in the subwoofer preout thing and he said ill just plug it in here fhit shltts and nothing worked...

my dad knows enough to hook the stuff up but probably not as much as anyone helping me out here...

i dont think they ran them through my car but they said they did a test to eliminate the wiring so i assume they just brought there wire out and wired it to something...
he checked the fuse and said it was fine, if the protection light is just the power light to show its turned on then yes it turns on

Protection light is the red light that comes on when something is wrong with the amp or if it gets too hot.

blackman
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Ok I'm losing faith in the buyer. Especially after reading the sig. I'm interested to see how the phone conversation goes.

OMG LOL!!!
ok end of story....

BASS_WARRIOR
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Protection light is the red light that comes on when something is wrong with the amp or if it gets too hot.

:word:

There should a power light which is usually green, and then the protect light which is red. Which light was on?

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think the buyer is a bad kid, he just doesn't know anything and is being swindled by the people he trusts to know stuff.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM

no only a green power light

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't think the buyer is a bad kid, he just doesn't know anything and is being swindled by the people he trusts to know stuff.

yes exactly right lol

lilmaniac2
08-11-2008, 05:26 PM

YUp, he should learn the hard way like all of us, get ripped off by a shop once, then break an amp or 2 installing it your self, then installing yours and everybody else's equipment properly from then on

BASS_WARRIOR
08-11-2008, 05:26 PM

I think the shop is trying to get you for your money...

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:27 PM

even more reason to believe the shop is trying to screw you. Like I said, if you can't find someone closer to you to help, and you're willing to drive the 4 1/2 hours down here, I'd be willing to check over everything for you.

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
YUp, he should learn the hard way like all of us, get ripped off by a shop once, then break an amp or 2 installing it your self, then installing yours and everybody else's equipment properly from then on

Lawlz. I never learned that way. Bought stuff from a shop once. Got a halfway decent deal on it. Installed it on my own, and took a year before one of the subs blew. Got it replaced under warranty and sold it to a friend, who proceeded to blow the amp, then the replacement amp, and now actually knows a bit about what he's doing

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
You don't know anything about audio, so you paid a shop who makes money by selling stuff to install it. When they saw you were an idiot they decided to take advantage of some newb who had no idea what he needed. So now they are upselling you wiring, new amp and probably new HU and everything else.

Screw the buyer, we have no reason not to trust you OP

i have not paid the shop a penny yet....i set everything up myself with my dad and bought sub and amp off here....wiring i got from best buy or somewhere else i think....i just had them look over my setup for free and then they gave me an estimate for free of how much it will cost to fix te amp

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
i'm sure there is a member near you that could help you set it up right. I would, but I'm 4 hours away. I guess if you want to make the drive, I could help

lol thanks i want to go there to for the water parks so im trying to convince my parents for another reason but its not working lol

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok so I made the call and talked to some guy. He said the issue was not with the RCAs. Something with the power supply. He did say that was a 150 dollar fix. He said that it could have been due to incorrect wiring, but would not say that was the reason. That leaves the issue between me thinking it's you and you thiking it's me. He said that it would take 2-4 days to fix. Rather than say that it was your fault and vice versa, I can paypal you more than half of the amount. I can send you 85 dollars via paypal in a matter of minutes.

blackman
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
nothing is wrong with ur amp i wouldnt think bro indicating that ur power light is on and green....now u may have blown a sub??? cuz then u can barely hear the sub but u have to listen close....or sub is wired wrong...? dont pay anyone anything.....im sure u have one car audio guy in town.....or a best buy worker who will look at it and tell u whats setup wrong....for free...

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
lol thanks i want to go there to for the water parks so im trying to convince my parents for another reason but its not working lol

Well if you manage to convince them, LMK.

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok so I made the call and talked to some guy. He said the issue was not with the RCAs. Something with the power supply. He did say that was a 150 dollar fix. He said that it could have been due to incorrect wiring, but would not say that was the reason. That leaves the issue between me thinking it's you and you thiking it's me. He said that it would take 2-4 days to fix. Rather than say that it was your fault and vice versa, I can paypal you more than half of the amount. I can send you 85 dollars via paypal in a matter of minutes.

thanks for the offer but my dad wants to try a few things to see if he can fix this
BTW are the gains on the amp the level, phase, bass EQ sub sonic, and low pass? do those all qualify for gains because on my last amp there were actually 2 knobs that said gain control

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM

if the power supply is blown why is the green light on? when i blew my sd1500, Jake said it was the power supply. but no light would come on.

i wouldn't refund any money. the buyer is a noob when it comes to car audio and i'm not sure if his dad knew what he was doing either.

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
thanks for the offer but my dad wants to try a few things to see if he can fix this
BTW are the gains on the amp the level, phase, bass EQ sub sonic, and low pass? do those all qualify for gains because on my last amp there were actually 2 knobs that said gain control

Yes. for now just use the first one (level) and see what happens.

Sorry if things got a little off track. I wasn't trying to throw mud on your name or anything. My offer still stands. I just won't get to play Madden till Friday.

Lugnutzk
08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't know why there is a thread here. Both seem willing to work it out, but now you have the peanut gallery taking sides.

blackman
08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't know why there is a thread here. Both seem willing to work it out, but now you have the peanut gallery taking sides.

threads here to entertain a n*gga.....and its workin...

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 05:57 PM

I do appreciate the support. I wasn't really making it a me vs him kind of thread. I was just faced with a situation that I was unfamiliar with. I mean when it comes to some aspects of car audio, I have a lot to learn as well.

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM

The "Level" is the gain. It's just labled differently depending on the amp. Set the phase to 0, the subsonic filter to around 20-25Hz and Low-pass filter to around 80Hz. But do all of that after you set the gain.

lilmaniac2
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
turd, dont send him money.

If the powersupply was failing the green light would be fading out. and that would explain the litte to no output.

Buyer do you have access to a digital multimeter?

Can you get your dad to come on here so we can walk him through what to do?

BigJoker
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM

didn't i say go away.

i'm trying to help pbnj22.

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Lol all this time and I just realized that it should be "issue with buyer".........lol.

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Issue is resolved. Sub on/off on HU was turned off by default. PBNJ22 said that he turned it that on and everything was ok. He's got bass

Thank God....... I really didn't want to give up my Madden money......:D And I would not mess with that shop being that they are giving out false info. Told him the RCA outs are bad, and told me it was the power supply, but it still powers up.

Glad everything worked out.

Thanks to all who helped out and voiced opinions. And Ranch, I still wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire. I hope you and your L7s on that xplod amp and your Feggety truck of yours end up Morgan Freeman style while your giving your "partner" a red light special.

lilmaniac2
08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
glad to hear

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 07:30 PM
issue is resolved..thanks to all for help and sorry for confusion and me being an idiot...as for turd glad to hear your non giving up your madden money...i know ill be there tuesday night as soon as its out...maybe all come across you online..

Hintzyboy
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Issue is resolved. Sub on/off on HU was turned off by default. PBNJ22 said that he turned it that on and everything was ok. He's got bass

Thank God....... I really didn't want to give up my Madden money......:D And I would not mess with that shop being that they are giving out false info. Told him the RCA outs are bad, and told me it was the power supply, but it still powers up.

Thanks to all who helped out and voiced opinions. And Ranch, I still wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire. I hope you and your L7s on that xplod amp and your Feggety truck of yours end up Morgan Freeman style while your giving your "partner" a red light special.
Hey, leave Morgan Freeman out of this.:mad:

TurdFergueson2
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
i got ps3........ hollywoodcole3 for anybody looking for a loss

pbnj22
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
oh your lucky i got 360 or Adrian Peterson would be running all over you easthound10 if anyone wants a game

BigJoker
08-12-2008, 12:47 AM

i was right.

clbolt
08-12-2008, 01:06 AM
How about posting the name of the shop so the guys here can avoid it.

I hate shops that rip people off. My mother gets that every time she takes a car in for repairs, so she calls me for my opinion. She took her Sportage in to have a miss diagnosed, and the shop quoted her $1100 to change the plugs, two plug wires, two coil packs, the air plenum gasket, and clean the fuel injectors. It took me less than an hour to do the whole job, and $100 at my discount to buy the parts from the dealership.

bigbangtheory
08-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Jesus, this just goes to show how fawking shady shops are, and how it ***** for the good ones and can give a big thanks to assholes like them. Is amazing how dishonest a local shop is.

Had op and buyer both call and guy still stuck to his stroy. Amazing!

TurdFergueson2
08-12-2008, 02:03 PM
How about posting the name of the shop so the guys here can avoid it.

I hate shops that rip people off. My mother gets that every time she takes a car in for repairs, so she calls me for my opinion. She took her Sportage in to have a miss diagnosed, and the shop quoted her $1100 to change the plugs, two plug wires, two coil packs, the air plenum gasket, and clean the fuel injectors. It took me less than an hour to do the whole job, and $100 at my discount to buy the parts from the dealership.

Place is called Dad's electronics. PBNJ22 posted the number and ticket number on the first page.

Jesus, this just goes to show how fawking shady shops are, and how it ***** for the good ones and can give a big thanks to assholes like them. Is amazing how dishonest a local shop is.

Had op and buyer both call and guy still stuck to his stroy. Amazing!

Actually the guy told me it was the power supply and told him it was the RCA outs. Then he said that it would be like 3 days at most to fix if they had the parts in the shop. So yeah, that shop is shady as hell. I would not go there in the future. Find some local guys here, and have them help you. You will come out a lot cheaper in the long run and make a few friends.

Cutdawg84
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM

x2

BASS_WARRIOR
08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
pbnj you should go back to the shop and let them know the amp is working fine, and that they are shady *****es.