PDA

View Full Version : midbass?

chopstick1981
06-17-2003, 12:53 AM
i have a set of 6" infinity kappa components, they sound great up high but dont handle any mid-bass at all. Im wondering what i can add to improve this, i've heard about mid-bass drivers, but i cant seem to find any stores carrying them, any suggestions???????

KoBan715
06-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Buy a EQ

Gauntlet
06-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by chopstick1981
i have a set of 6" infinity kappa components, they sound great up high but dont handle any mid-bass at all. Im wondering what i can add to improve this, i've heard about mid-bass drivers, but i cant seem to find any stores carrying them, any suggestions???????

What is your defintion of midbass? Do you have an HPF set/if so, what's it set at?

chopstick1981
06-18-2003, 02:18 AM
What is your defintion of midbass? Do you have an HPF set/if so, what's it set at?

well... i dont mean like sub-woofer range bass, but a buddy of mine bought a new explorer and his front speakers take alot of bass before they start to sound bad, whereas mine sound great in higher range but when i turn more bass to them they distort. "HPF" is high-pass filter right? yea i flipped the switch on my amp for high pass, it didn't have any settings tho.