PDA

View Full Version : would someone check my design for mistakes please

lvjeffro
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
****it, dims were all wrong so i have decided to have a custom stealth trunk enclosure done...Now just got to find someone here in vegas that can do it...

lvjeffro
08-09-2008, 12:21 AM

DaGh0st
08-09-2008, 12:44 AM
1.) sub mounting depth is 7.7" will 4.55" be good enough for space behind the sub? or do I need more??? I can make my box deeper if I have to but, I am trying to be able to get to my spare tire if I need to without disassembling my trunk...
It will be fine,some say an inch is all you need so 4.5 is plenty.

2.)my lip on my subs are 31/32" and not sure how to make it flush, I know to use a face board but not many pieces of lumber are 31/32" thick, do I add a mounting ring or ???..
1" face board?

3.)Does the hole in the separating wall between the 2 subs where the wires run does that need to be sealed or is it not necessary???
Cawk it up and it should be fine.

4.)I think I have hooked up my speakers correctly for 2 dual 2ohm speakers to run at 2ohms...Is the wiring correct???
Looks to be correct Wire each sub to 4ohms then straight the the terminal and check with a dmm.

5.) Is there something I forgot or messed up on..
My tip? :D

lvjeffro
08-09-2008, 01:03 AM
muchos grassyass senior,

1.) cool thanks...

2.) yeah, I just will have a bunch of 3/4" MDF and to buy a sheet of 1" just for the face board is crappy, unless I just use 1" for it all...And the board is 1" the depth it needs to be is 31/32 so 1/32" will be above the sub, is that O.K.???

3.) so it will be sealed then, thanks

4.) will do thanks

5.) when you get to vegas I will buy you a lap dance at the rhino...

thanks, I want to get on this ASAP and didn't want to start it blind and possibly not be worth a ****... I know its a sealed box, but unless you are a wood worker this stuff is difficult to do correctly...

DaGh0st
08-09-2008, 01:29 AM
muchos grassyass senior,

5.) when you get to vegas I will buy you a lap dance at the rhino...

:woot: